nyum

Downey scores more points than Gwiz, Green, And zain combined.

Baranowski and Dudarov are both top 20 guys. Downey fell into Dudarov's traps early but there's no shame in losing to him. Downey also definitely did not get an easy draw. no one on the bottom side of the bracket did. the top half on the other hand was perhaps one of the all time softest pre-Olympic half-bracket in history. 

Baranowski and Dudarov are both top 20 guys. Downey fell into Dudarov's traps early but there's no shame in losing to him. Downey also definitely did not get an easy draw. no one on the bottom side of the bracket did. the top half on the other hand was perhaps one of the all time softest pre-Olympic half-bracket in history. 
He's not terrible, his $hit talkin fans are

7 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Neither one of those guys is in the top 20 per UWW. https://unitedworldwrestling.org/. Anyhow,  Downey was not competitive vs. Dudarov. He is also an embarrassment to the country. But go USA!

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Neither one of those guys is in the top 20 per UWW. https://unitedworldwrestling.org/. Anyhow,  Downey was not competitive vs. Dudarov. He is also an embarrassment to the country. But go USA!

Do you know how the UWW ranking system works? Baranowski and Dudarov among the 20 based 86kg wrestlers if you look at all their results. 

1 minute ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

Do you know how the UWW ranking system works? Baranowski and Dudarov among the 20 based 86kg wrestlers if you look at all their results. 

I don't know how it works exactly. But I do know that the guys you said are top 20 are not in the top 20. Maybe they are in the rankings in your mind, but I don't count those.  Zbig's  wikipedia page says he was ranked 19th-- in 2016. That might be true, or maybe not. The page has several  bad errors. But no one can say he (or Dudarov) are top 20 now.

Just now, NJDan said:

I don't know how it works exactly. But I do know that the guys you said are top 20 are not in the top 20. Maybe they are in the rankings in your mind, but I don't count those.  Zbig's  wikipedia page says he was ranked 19th-- in 2016. That might be true, or maybe not. The page has several  bad errors. But no one can say he (or Dudarov) are top 20 now.

lol you don't want them to be in the top 20 because it makes your arguments that Downey had a horrible tournament and Amine had an easy draw look foolish. unfortunately they are top 20 guys and you arguments are foolish. to avoid looking foolish in the future, i'd learn how the UWW rankings work before citing them and then learn about the international accolades of good wrestlers before trashing them. or continue to look foolish, up to you!

I don't not "want them" to be top 20. They are not top  20, even if the voices in your head say they are.

BTW, Angus Arthur of Jamaica placed 25th, ahead of Ukraine, Mongolia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus and what looks like another Russian from France. But I would bet my left testicle  that any on those  guys would beat Arthur.

Edited by NJDan

Just now, NJDan said:

I don't not "want them" to be top 20. They are not top  20, even if the voices in your head say they are.

BTW, Angus Arthur of Jamaica placed 25th, ahead of Ukraine, Mongolia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus and what looks like another Russian from France. But I would bet my left testicle  that any on those  guys would beat Arthur.

what does Angus Arthur have to do with the face that Baranowski and Dudarov have having quality results that place them in the top 20 of international 86kg wresters? or have you resigned yourself to option B, to do no research and continue to look foolish? 

And BTW, if you are going by the Flo rankings, I wouldn't. Flo does not have Punia of India in the top 20 in the weight and he took second. UWW has Punia  fifth-- but what does UWW know?

Even more bizarre, Flo has David Taylor unranked.

Edited by NJDan

Just now, NJDan said:

And BTW, if you are going by the Flo rankings, I wouldn't. Flo does not have India in the top 20 in the weight and he took second. UWW has him  fifth-- but what does UWW know?

more foolishness. UWW does not make any subjective rankings. Flo does not have Deepak Punia in the top 20 because he has no results that would suggest he should be in the top 20 (though he is not bad). Deepak did not beat beat any top 20 wrestlers one on his side of the bracket in Nur-Sultan to make the finals, thus he still not proven himself to be a top 20 guy. you might have realized this if you bothered to look any of this up, but instead you appear happy to double down on your ignorance. 

1 minute ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

more foolishness. UWW does not make any subjective rankings. Flo does not have Deepak Punia in the top 20 because he has no results that would suggest he should be in the top 20 (though he is not bad). Deepak did not beat beat any top 20 wrestlers one on his side of the bracket in Nur-Sultan to make the finals, thus he still not proven himself to be a top 20 guy. you might have realized this if you bothered to look any of this up, but instead you appear happy to double down on your ignorance. 

I am not using my own psychotic rankings. My "level of ignorance" has nothing todo with it. I am merely citing UWW. I am confident that what even my level of knowledge, UWW is a solid source, which Punia's result bears out.

Downey beat one guy who you say is top 20. But his 9th place ranking puts him ahead of a lot of guys who would beat him. 

Downey did what he did due to a lucky draw. Your suggestion that he is therefore better than Zain or Green--now that's foolish.

12 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Your suggestion that he is therefore better than Zain or Green--now that's foolish.

I don't see the anyone above suggested Downey IS better - the suggestion seems to be that he DID better - subtle but significant distinction.

Some folks seem to want to tear the guy down (there seems to be a lot of that here) but it does seem to be a matter of fact - Downey probable met and even exceeded expectations. 

Well, I thought PD3, got a pretty good draw, and he was able to win his first two matches. I would've liked to have seen him get past Germany, but unfortunately that didn't happen. Sho knows what the future holds for PD3, but if he does end up representing the USA again, I wish him well. 

14 minutes ago, NJDan said:

I am not using my own psychotic rankings. My "level of ignorance" has nothing todo with it. I am merely citing UWW. I am confident that what even my level of knowledge, UWW is a solid source, which Punia's result bears out.

Downey beat one guy who you say is top 20. But his 9th place ranking puts him ahead of a lot of guys who would beat him. 

Downey did what he did due to a lucky draw. Your suggestion that he is therefore better than Zain or Green--now that's foolish.

who is suggesting that Downey is better than Zain or James? I'm certainly not making his claim. don't know why you'd invent something like that. 

Downey's victory over Baranowski was very good but its not enough to get him in the top 20. its his best win ever, and he needs to be more consistent and not take the losses he has to break into the top 20.

you have to look at results, not the finishes or UWW rankings you keep citing. who you wrestles in a tournament matters more than where you end up. draws matter. you have to do the research to have an informed opinion. You clearly have not done any research, thus your opinions appear foolish. 

NJDan once again you are referencing rankings that you don't understand what they are saying or how they work.  Your response from the other thread is apt in this situation as well.

19 hours ago, NJDan said:

Wow, my bad! I was indeed relying on the Trackwrestling team totals UWW seeding points. I must be an  ******* to rely on Track UWW. Track UWW is horrible in so many ways. Let's add that one. 

BTW, where does one find the freestyle team race standings rankings?

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

lol you don't want them to be in the top 20 because it makes your arguments that Downey had a horrible tournament and Amine had an easy draw look foolish. unfortunately they are top 20 guys and you arguments are foolish. to avoid looking foolish in the future, i'd learn how the UWW rankings work before citing them and then learn about the international accolades of good wrestlers before trashing them. or continue to look foolish, up to you!

Amine beat a guy Downey got schooled by at the Pan-Am games as well as multiple world medalists and he got an easy draw compared to Downey?

40 minutes ago, FlyinLion said:

NJDan once again you are referencing rankings that you don't understand what they are saying or how they work.  Your response from the other thread is apt in this situation as well.

No, I admitted my error last time. This time I am right.