nyum

Downey scores more points than Gwiz, Green, And zain combined.

34 minutes ago, The Genius said:

He beat two non-medalists then lost to another non-medalist who then lost to San Marino, this is your #2 guy at 86kg?  

I mean technically he’s our #2 in a weird year...the 2 ,3 and possibly 4 at 79 kg would beat Downey, and they all beat San Marino (folk style atleast) and the number 2 at 92 could very well beat Downey as well. Taylor’s injury at a weird time was a big factor this year 

21 minutes ago, NJDan said:

And to make the team, he beat a guy who was never an NCAA champ. He was extraordinarily fortunate in his opponents all year. 

Hypnotize with hate. You're so foolish

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

No, I admitted my error last time. This time I am right.

But, and im just throwing this out there, you are wrong. The "rankings" you are looking at are based off seeding points, not actual wins and losses. So someone could wrestle a ton of seeding tournaments, will be over ranked, and someone better who isnt wrestling in those tournaments will not be ranked. Again, just like everyone has already said, you are not looking at rankings.

Edited by Molsen

4 hours ago, Molsen said:

But, and im just throwing this out there, you are wrong. The "rankings" you are looking at are based off seeding points, not actual wins and losses. So someone could wrestle a ton of seeding tournaments, will be over ranked, and someone better who isnt wrestling in those tournaments will not be ranked. Again, just like everyone has already said, you are not looking at rankings.

No, I am not wrong. The UWW calls it "World Rankings." You  might like like how they rank, but they do rank. And what's wrong with ranking guys based on how  much they wrestle. Why should someone "who isnt wrestling in those tournaments" be ranked over someone who is. And someone who wrestles a lot but consistently loses is not going go be ranked high. 

20 minutes ago, NJDan said:

No, I am not wrong. The UWW calls it "World Rankings." You  might like like how they rank, but they do rank. And what's wrong with ranking guys based on how  much they wrestle. Why should someone "who isnt wrestling in those tournaments" be ranked over someone who is. And someone who wrestles a lot but consistently loses is not going go be ranked high. 

Its pointless to correct you because no matter how many people tell you you're wrong, you refuse to accept it but one last attempt.

Rankings take into consideration wins and loses. That way luck doesnt come into play. If someone who is not a top 20 quality wrestler wrestles every  seeding tournament, they are more likely to get a great draw, or a weak tournament, meaning more points. They are not ranking people based off of quality, so no they arent rankings. 

Edited by Molsen

3 minutes ago, Molsen said:

Its pointless to argue with you because no many how many people tell you your wrong, you refuse to accept it.

Rankings take into consideration wins and loses. That way luck doesnt come into play. If someone who is not a top 20 quality wrestler wrestles every  seeding tournament, they are more likely to get a great draw, or a weak tournament, meaning more points. They are not ranking people based off of quality, so no they arent rankings. 

Dude, just look at the UWW website. It says "World Rankings.: Maybe if it said, "Hey Molsen, these are the world rankings," you would accept it. But maybe even that would not enough for you.

16 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Dude, just look at the UWW website. It says "World Rankings.: Maybe if it said, "Hey Molsen, these are the world rankings," you would accept it. But maybe even that would not enough for you.

Its been explained to you by multiple people, but thats your problem not mine.

Edited by Molsen

1 minute ago, nyum said:

NJDan. It’s called picking your battles. Something you could do a better job of. 

How am I hurt by this "battle"? Just because a  bunch of doofuses want to make the same argument that rankings are not rankings and that guys who are not ranked are really ranked (an implicitly that  Pat  Downey is a world class  wrestler despite being teched by an unranked German) does not mean I have to agree.

Just now, NJDan said:

How am I hurt by this "battle"? Just because a  bunch of doofuses want to make the same argument that rankings are not rankings and that guys who are not ranked are really ranked (an implicitly that  Pat  Downey is a world class  wrestler despite being teched by an unranked German) does not mean I have to agree.

Apparently I could have also posted:

its called reading comprehension, something you appear to struggle with. 

3 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Im going to try one more way to help you.

Lets say college wrestling was ranked this way. Lee and Rivera both enter the same two opens, with Lee winning both tournaments.  Msu 125 lber wrestles two separate tournaments with d3 wrestlers. With these rankings. MSU would be ranked ahead of Rivera, does that make any damn sense?

You are not helping me. Your point is idiotic. No one is getting ranked by UWW by entering low quality tournaments just as no D1 wrestler gets ranked by entering D3 tournaments. You get ranked by entering ranking tournaments.

Go to: https://unitedworldwrestling.org/  and see  rankings. Then maybe you will understand. I can't help  you more than that. Perhaps no one can.

22 minutes ago, NJDan said:

You are not helping me. Your point is idiotic. No one is getting ranked by UWW by entering low quality tournaments just as no D1 wrestler gets ranked by entering D3 tournaments. You get ranked by entering ranking tournaments.

Go to: https://unitedworldwrestling.org/  and see  rankings. Then maybe you will understand. I can't help  you more than that. Perhaps no one can.

The point was soley that it is based off of placement at said tournaments, not based off quality of opponents. Meaning luck of the draw/quantity of tournaments is what determines your rank, not your actual skill, so using those rankings to determine quality of opponent is severely flawed. I understand their system fairly well, I was simplifying it so you would understand why its flawed. I am done now, you can continue to use those rankings if you want, but they will forever be flawed, unless every quality wrestler starts wrestling as much as possible.

7 minutes ago, Molsen said:

The point was soley that it is based off of placement at said tournaments, not based off quality of opponents. Meaning luck of the draw/quantity of tournaments is what determines your rank, not your actual skill, so using those rankings to determine quality of opponent is severely flawed. I understand their system fairly well, I was simplifying it so you would understand why its flawed. I am done now, you can continue to use those rankings if you want, but they will forever be flawed, unless every quality wrestler starts wrestling as much as possible.

In my world, winning international ranking tournaments is a sign of skill. But tell me about your world.

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

In my world, winning international ranking tournaments is a sign of skill. But tell me about your world.

I meant relative to the world level wrestlers obviously, and you dont need to win to get points. That is why chamizo ffd to Burroughs at dogu, he locked up number 1 with a 2nd place at that tournament. 

Edited by Molsen

The Taiwanese female heavyweight outscored Downey and also placed higher than him.  It hasnt even been 4 years since she started wrestling.  Would you consider her better than Downey?  I am a fan of Downey BTW.

Edited by olddirty

3 minutes ago, olddirty said:

The Taiwanese female heavyweight outscored Downey and also placed higher than him.  It hasnt even been 4 years since she started wrestling.  Would you consider her better than Downey?  I am a fan of Downey BTW.

Who are u asking