nyum

Downey scores more points than Gwiz, Green, And zain combined.

Holy crap.

UWW Rankings are not actually Rankings.  They're technically ratings generated by results in QUALIFYING tournaments, with no exception to entrants, draw,s etc... it is essentially the least evolved form of rankings, where no human opinion is entered into it.

When a human generates a ranking they more or less use their opinion to generate who is better based off of results.  That is why when the rankings come out from FLO next, Amine has a case for #3 in the world, where if you go off of UWW logic, he is 5th.  Despite there likely being a few more Russians who could/would beat him.

It isn't hard to figure this out.  Actual rankings factor in A > B and B > C and B > D by a lesser margin than B > C, so C > D unless D has beaten C or other opponents in comparison by better margins(or loss by better margins).

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

Yes. Did you not even watch your own son's matches?

First of all, he's not my son.  And yes, I watched the matches...he wrestled with a severe back injury that required injections, never got schooled (or teched), and placed 3rd.  Don't know what you geniuses are smoking, but you should take it easy. lol

13 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

First of all, he's not my son.  And yes, I watched the matches...he wrestled with a severe back injury that required injections, never got schooled (or teched), and placed 3rd.  Don't know what you geniuses are smoking, but you should take it easy. lol

You let your son wrestle Torreblanca with a broken back? What a horrible father. You're lucky he doesn't have permanent spinal damage.

How about this: There are two different types of rankings. There are rankings sets, such as those used by UWW, that are strictly result based. Some may call these “standings”, but by the definition the governing body has laid out, these are their rankings. 

There are also rankings sets that are a matter of judgment, opinion....subjectivity, such as rankings issued by flow and ncaa coaches poll. These may or may not influence seedings in tournaments, are somewhat results based, but not exclusively results based. 

Does that work for everyone?

On 9/22/2019 at 11:36 AM, Jaroslav Hasek said:

lol you don't want them to be in the top 20 because it makes your arguments that Downey had a horrible tournament and Amine had an easy draw look foolish. unfortunately they are top 20 guys and you arguments are foolish. to avoid looking foolish in the future, i'd learn how the UWW rankings work before citing them and then learn about the international accolades of good wrestlers before trashing them. or continue to look foolish, up to you!

TBF, aren't the official UWW rankings based purely on rankings points earned at those tourneys that form the UWW Ranking Series?

I don’t have a problem with Downey, but arguing over whether guys he lost to were top 20 seems a ways off from saying he could’ve medaled,  no (and him thinking he could win but we all knew that wasn’t happening)?

50 minutes ago, Blue Dragons said:

You need a psychiatrist.

You're the one who can't stop living through his son.

I'm just the keyboard warrior fighting for his freedom from your tyrannical grip.

Ever noticed that since you quit being a ponce and 'let's him move to NJ that he made the most gains? Both mentally and physically.

Lay off the sauce and let him live his own life you feckIng nobgobbler.

On 9/24/2019 at 5:22 AM, whaletail said:

TBF, aren't the official UWW rankings based purely on rankings points earned at those tourneys that form the UWW Ranking Series?

Yes. So not a display of who is best. Just who travels best(example: Erdin).

On 9/24/2019 at 8:22 AM, teach said:

But he did do better than I expected, and I would say he is a legit world level wrestler.  I wasn't sure of that either before this. 

He absolutely is a world class wrestler and a prime example of styles make matches.

I don't believe we'll ever see him lose to Heflin at this point. A 9 out of 10 thing for Downey.

I also don't believe we'll ever see Martin beat Heflin either. A big brother beating sort of 9 of 10 thing.

I also think from here on that Martin gets him 9 of 10.

Seeding as of now, I don't know how it would go inserting Ringer and Valencia, not to me ton Hidlay.

Add in Taylor, the 79/92 mid-tier, and/or Cox/Nickal and it becomes a complete styles make matches that makes the bracket completely dependent on the seeds.

Here's a quick stab without actually looking it up.

1-Taylor

2-Downey

3/4/5-Heflin/Ringer/Nickal

6/7-Brooks/Valencia

8/9/10-Martin/Machiavello/Hidlay

11/12/13/14-Jackson/Dudley/Moore/Lefever

And there are toons I know I am missing due to time constraints. Also the US Open will change these drastically. I imagine we will see Ringer earn the 2 seed behind Taylor there. Even if Nickal drops(I still think he goes up and is the reason we see Cassar give 125 a go rather than 97-Cassar at 97 could be a bracket buster like Cox at 86 in 2016).

37 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

While we are talking about this weight, has anyone heard if there is any chance Rich Perry makes a comeback?  I know he has had a remarkable recovery but not sure if he will ever wrestle again.

That would be a helluva story.

I naturally assumed he would never compete at this level again.

I do hope I am wrong. His raw power puts him in every match.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:07 AM, nhs67 said:

You're the one who can't stop living through his son.

I'm just the keyboard warrior fighting for his freedom from your tyrannical grip.

Ever noticed that since you quit being a ponce and 'let's him move to NJ that he made the most gains? Both mentally and physically.

Lay off the sauce and let him live his own life you feckIng nobgobbler.

Dude, you really need some meds and counseling. lmao