CaliWrestler

Next year USA 74kg Olympic Trials

Kyle Dake 

IMaR

Nolf

Carr

Green

winner gets JB. That’s going to wear on KD you will have one tired guy vs JB who starts slow in his first match I want JB to win but can’t help but want to see KD vs Russian and Chamizo 

Edited by CaliWrestler

Kyle Dake 
IMaR
Nolf
Carr
Green
winner gets JB. That’s going to wear on KD you will have one tired guy vs JB who starts slow in his first match I want JB to win but can’t help but want to see KD vs Russian and Chamizo 

Which one of those listed is going to wear out Dake? IMAR? I guess maybe.... the others dont have a chance to even keep it close.

A more interesting discussion about the challenge tournament will be at 86kg

Lewis is there too. Such an insanely stacked weight class. I think we see Imar vs Dake in the semis. Contrary to what most think, that will be a very tough match for Dake. 

On a side note, is 74 more or less stacked than 86? If Cox and Nickal go down it will be historically brutal. Taylor, Cox*, Nickal*, Ringer, Valencia, Hall, Downey, Martin, plus a couple others I’m sure I’m forgetting. 

Edited by AZ_wrestling

I believe Dake gets a bye to the semis. 

That would mean you have iMar, Nolf, Lewis, Carr (and others) fighting for a chance to wrestle a fresh Dake.

then the winner faces JB, like he’s Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson’s Punchout.

(edited to correct mistaken info)

Edited by Katie

25 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Which one of those listed is going to wear out Dake? IMAR? I guess maybe.... the others dont have a chance to even keep it close.

A more interesting discussion about the challenge tournament will be at 86kg

Doesn’t matter you have 3-4 matches you will be worn down

Forgot Lewis

Lewis is there too. Such an insanely stacked weight class. I think we see Imar vs Dake in the semis. Contrary to what most think, that will be a very tough match for Dake. 
On a side note, is 74 more or less stacked than 86? If Cox and Nickal go down it will be historically brutal. Taylor, Cox*, Nickal*, Ringer, Valencia, Hall, Downey, Martin, plus a couple others I’m sure I’m forgetting. 
Yeah 86kg is by far the grossest then 74kg then probably HVY, then 57kg, 65kg, 97kg in that order

1 minute ago, Katie said:

I thought Dake would get a bye to the semis. 

If so, that would mean you have iMar, Nolf, Lewis, Carr (and others) fighting for a chance to wrestle a fresh Dake, then a fresh JB.

Dake gets no Bye he is up a weight 

1 minute ago, Katie said:

I thought Dake would get a bye to the semis. 

If so, that would mean you have iMar, Nolf, Lewis, Carr (and others) fighting for a chance to wrestle a fresh Dake, then a fresh JB.

Yeah he gets a bye. But the finals will be on a separate day, so whoever wins the semis will at least have a day to recover. 

1 minute ago, CaliWrestler said:

That bye is dumb he should have to wrestle the whole tournament 

I don’t see why he gets a bye 

so Cox gets a bye regardless of weight 

Yup, Cox will get a bye as well. Taylor will have to go through the entire tournament of course. 

15 minutes ago, Katie said:

I believe Dake gets a bye to the semis. 

That would mean you have iMar, Nolf, Lewis, Carr (and others) fighting for a chance to wrestle a fresh Dake.

then the winner faces JB, like he’s Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson’s Punchout.

(edited to correct mistaken info)

Love me some 80s mike Tyson JB is definitely our Tyson and KD (Joe?) ahah

Just now, gimpeltf said:

What if 4 people get the bye to the semis? Or two to the semis and one to the finals? I hear Green will move up.

No bye for Green even if he does move up since he did not medal.

2 minutes ago, CaliWrestler said:

That bye is dumb he should have to wrestle the whole tournament 

I don’t see why he gets a bye 

so Cox gets a bye regardless of weight 

It isn't dumb.

He proved to be best in the world at a non-Oly weight. The criteria was laid out before this cycle even started. It was known and has been known for a year now.

The real question is interpretation.

JB sits in the best of 3 finals. Okay understood.

Now does Dake sit in the semi-finals of the mini-tournament to the best of three or does he face the mini-tournament winner in a proverbial semi-final to the best of three?

My interpretation is that they will give him a seed, likely the 1, and seed however they do with the quadrant from the 2, 3, and 4 feeding I to a semi-final that has Dake and the other 3 quadrant winners.

Meaning Dake will have 2 matches still, minimun.

2 minutes ago, AZ_wrestling said:

You can only have a max of two getting byes to the semis. They only give a semi bye to wrestlers who medaled directly under or above the Olympic weight class. 

I Believe you're interpreting it incorrectly.

By your logic Dake and Cox could meet for the right to go to the Olympics at 86kg with no actual tournament being held.

The mini-tournament feeds into the best of three. If someone is sitting they wrestle the finals of the mini-tournament. If nobody us sitting g in the best of three already then the two 'finalists' of the mini-tournament meet in a best of 3.

Edited by nhs67
I have fat fingers and need to spellcheck.

1 minute ago, AZ_wrestling said:

You can only have a max of two getting byes to the semis. They only give a semi bye to wrestlers who medaled directly under or above the Olympic weight class. 

That answers part of my question and thanks for that info. But the other part was if 2 got byes to semis and one to finals- where does that leave everyone else?

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

It isn't dumb.

He proved to be best in the world at a non-Oly weight. The criteria was laid out before this cycle even started. It was known and has been known for a year now.

The real question is interpretation.

JB sits in the best of 3 finals. Okay understood.

Now does Dake sit in the semi-finals of the mini-tournament to the best of three or does he face the mini-tournament winner in a proverbial semi-final to the best of three?

My interpretation is that they will give him a seed, likely the 1, and seed however they do with the quadrant from the 2, 3, and 4 feeding I to a semi-final that has Dake and the other 3 quadrant winners.

Meaning Dake will have 2 matches still, minimun.

The number 1 seed I understand but a bye to wrestle 1 match is stupid. He should of course have #1 seed and have to wrestle the entire mini tournament

he proved himself at different weight class that was weak this year 79 i think Imar Dieringer could win

2 minutes ago, gimpeltf said:

That doesn't answer my question- and to your point I thought I heard on the broadcast that he would get a bye.

No. Must be a medalist from the Worlds that just happened to receive a bye