Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

Ironic end to Zain's WC Tournament

I thought it was interesting and somewhat ironic how Zain's match with the Cuban ended.  Zain was in on a shot trying finish the TD or drive the Cuban towards his back for exposure.  Tobier was sitting the corner in a chest wrap.  The exact same situation as the controversial sequence in final X.  Zain drives into Tobier, and the Cuban brings him through with the chest wrap.  It get scored 2 Zain, 2 Cuba as it should be.  What are the odds that the final sequence in Zain's tournament would be so similar to that infamous Final X situation?

For all those on this board who stated so strongly that 2 and 2 was not a scoring option (ie LJB) this was just one of many many times 2 and 2 was awarded in situations in these World Championships.  It is awarded that way on a regular basis.

33 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

I thought it was interesting and somewhat ironic how Zain's match with the Cuban ended.  Zain was in on a shot trying finish the TD or drive the Cuban towards his back for exposure.  Tobier was sitting the corner in a chest wrap.  The exact same situation as the controversial sequence in final X.  Zain drives into Tobier, and the Cuban brings him through with the chest wrap.  It get scored 2 Zain, 2 Cuba as it should be.  What are the odds that the final sequence in Zain's tournament would be so similar to that infamous Final X situation?

For all those on this board who stated so strongly that 2 and 2 was not a scoring option (ie LJB) this was just one of many many times 2 and 2 was awarded in situations in these World Championships.  It is awarded that way on a regular basis.

I think most saying that it wasn't an option meant given the calls from the ref and judge not given the situation on the mat.

Stating the obvious, Zain has to get better from that position or just not get in it. If you’re going to shoot the same shot straight on constantly, you have to be more than 50/50 to come out ahead once you get in. He’s at best 50/50 against the top guys from there, which by definition makes him not a top guy. Given that, and how good he is with his short offense and drags, I’m surprised he doesn’t force ties more often and instead chooses to stand around and tap the head so much. Easier said than done, I know, but it really is true that he constantly does the same thing or two no matter who he wrestles (harking back to Yianni’s comment before their last match). 

21 minutes ago, LJB said:

it was scored 2 on one action and 2 on a totally different action...

some of you need some hand holding...

It was the exact same situation as the Final X match 2 sequence that caused all the controversy.  It could not be much more similar.  Your take on that was wrong then and this is just more evidence to support that.

7 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

It was the exact same situation as the Final X match 2 sequence that caused all the controversy.  It could not be much more similar.  Your take on that was wrong then and this is just more evidence to support that.

incorrect, but, thanks for playing...