jerseywrestling

Goodale Signs 5-year, $1.25 million Contract

Good(ale) for him, but he should be making more given the cost of living in NJ and his success over the last few years. I hope there are some nice performance-based bonuses in there. 

I wonder how Pritlaff feels about this. For Rutgers’s sake, he better be taken care of too. 

39 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Good(ale) for him, but he should be making more given the cost of living in NJ and his success over the last few years. I hope there are some nice performance-based bonuses in there. 

I wonder how Pritlaff feels about this. For Rutgers’s sake, he better be taken care of too. 

If he feels the same way as he did when Barry Davis got a contract extension, we can look for Donny to secretly interview at a competing B1G school soon.

The part ofNJ near Rutgers is not so high cost. How does this salary compare to others in the Big 10 or among top wrestling schools (not that Rutgers is a top wrestling school, but it does aspire to be).

Seems to me to be a reasonable deal for both sides.  

Goodale gets a nice raise and some long-term security, considering I don't think there is a ton of demand for him as a head coach elsewhere nationally.  

Rutgers gets a university-friendly deal if they are indeed going to be a top 10 program going forward, and can hopefully offer Pritzlaff more $$$ to keep him around for at least a few more years.  

7 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Should have taken the Maryland job then... 

17 hours ago, Banker said:

Then you don't know him. He is very personable and approachable. 

I am sure you are correct but “perception is reality.”  I have been near him in public and he always appears grumpy. He should probably take a sales course. 

On 9/23/2019 at 11:44 AM, NJDan said:

The part ofNJ near Rutgers is not so high cost. How does this salary compare to others in the Big 10 or among top wrestling schools (not that Rutgers is a top wrestling school, but it does aspire to be).

A very pedestrian house in Piscataway (3BR/1Ba, 1K Sq Ft) likely is in the $300K range.  One (1) more BR, Ba and 1K sq ft likely adds $100K to the price.  Not as bad as I thought it would be.

19 minutes ago, panewbie1 said:

A very pedestrian house in Piscataway (3BR/1Ba, 1K Sq Ft) likely is in the $300K range.  One (1) more BR, Ba and 1K sq ft likely adds $100K to the price.  Not as bad as I thought it would be.

It's the 7-10k a year in taxes that get you in NJ 

6 hours ago, panewbie1 said:

if he is making $225K he can afford more than that. He won't be rich, but he is also not a great coach.

11 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

That would be cheap taxes in NJ.

I was talking about houses worth 350k in area of Rutgers that's what taxes are.Yes you move up North a bit taxes are double that

On 9/25/2019 at 1:55 PM, IronChef said:

This is going to be a tough season for Rutgers. Three returning NCAA points, two returning starters with winning records, and three guys in Flo's preseason rankings with the best of the three at #17.

I swear there is a returning national champ in their room.