TBar1977

Flo 2019-2020 College Rankings

ASU sitting in a good spot. Anthony will AA in a weakened 174 too, plus maybe 1 guy 125-141. I think a podium spot is certainly in reach 

PSU’s point total is a bit inflated in my opinion. I do not think Konel will finish #2. 

Iowa is going to be salty. Noticed ISU is looking solid too. 

6 minutes ago, go_rines12 said:

Can someone copy and paste the flo rankings here? I'm not paying for rankings.

"I'm too cheap to pay for copyrighted material, so could someone who isn't that cheap violate copyright protections and give me the material for free?"

40 minutes ago, klehner said:

"I'm too cheap to pay for copyrighted material, so could someone who isn't that cheap violate copyright protections and give me the material for free?"

Uhhhh that's one possible explanation. Also plausible: "I'm curious about Flo's opinion but I don't like yearlong lock-in." "I prefer to spend my money on stuff that works to Grow The Sport." "I take interest in wrestling and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price month-to-month but yearlong lock-in a big turn-off for me."

You realize--right??--that Flo screenshots social-media posts from wrestlers galore? Illegal? I assume not. Sketchy and unethical? Yes!

You ever post a link to a YouTube video here, Klehner? You ever *view* a video on YouTube, Klehner? """Copyright!!!!!"""

Plus: It may well be the case that some Cornell folks take advantage of Flo's 'free access for athletes' stealth offering. """Cheap!!!!"""

Edited by jon

2 minutes ago, jon said:

Uhhhh that's one possible explanation. Also plausible: "I'm curious about Flo's opinion but I don't like yearlong lock-in"

"I'm curious about Flo's opinion but I'm too cheap to pay for that copyrighted material according to Flo's business model, so could someone violate copyright protections and give me the material for free?"

Is that better?

Do you do the same for, say, articles on the Wall Street Journal (behind a paywall), or the NYTimes (mostly behind a paywall)?  Why would Flo be different?

Thanks, Klehner. Your appeal to copyright not only gives me a laugh but it brings an interesting twist to this discussion as well.

And no -- your updated jump-to-conclusion """explanation""" still one-sided and shortsighted.

Edited by jon

11 minutes ago, jon said:

Uhhhh that's one possible explanation. Also plausible: "I'm curious about Flo's opinion but I don't like yearlong lock-in." "I prefer to spend my money on stuff that works to Grow The Sport." 

You realize--right??--that Flo screenshots social-media posts from wrestlers galore? Illegal? I assume not. Sketchy and unethical? Yes!

nevermind

Edited by Lurker

39 minutes ago, jon said:

Uhhhh that's one possible explanation. Also plausible: "I'm curious about Flo's opinion but I don't like yearlong lock-in." "I prefer to spend my money on stuff that works to Grow The Sport." "I take interest in wrestling and I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price month-to-month but yearlong lock-in a big turn-off for me."

You ever post a link to a YouTube video here, Klehner? You ever *view* a video on YouTube, Klehner? """Copyright!!!!!"""

Plus: It may well be the case that some Cornell folks take advantage of Flo's 'free access for athletes' stealth offering. """Cheap!!!!"""

Not that you care, but (emphasis added)...

"By accessing the FloSports website, you certify that you’re using premium content solely for personal, noncommercial purposes; you will not copy or distribute any part of the website without FloSports Inc Limited’s prior written authorization; you will fully comply with the terms and conditions of these terms of service as well as our acceptable use policy; and you will not share your account username and password with other persons."

I'm also guessing that Flo adheres to "fair use" of copyrighted material (such as photos of wrestlers), so that's irrelevant.

Are you suggesting that posting links to YouTube videos, via the "share" capability provided by YouTube themselves, somehow violates copyright?  Really?

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Just a young adult in my studies that would rather buy food than wrestling content....

1 hour ago, jon said:

Seriously? I don't need to defend klehner here, jon, but you obviously don't understand copyright law. Anyone here can post a link to you tube or any other website without infringing on anyone's copyrights. 

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Seriously? I don't need to defend klehner here, jon, but you obviously don't understand copyright law. Anyone here can post a link to you tube or any other website without infringing on anyone's copyrights. 

Of course I don't understand copyright law! The point I hinted, albeit very poor hinting!, is that YouTube (a site I assume Klehner visits) is full of uploads that violate copyright. Surely at some point Klehner has been on the wrong side of copyright -- and so it's silly, in my opinion, for Klehner to speak so sanctimoniously in this thread.

2 minutes ago, jon said:

Of course I don't understand copyright law! The point I hinted, albeit very poor hinting!, is that YouTube (a site I assume Klehner visits) is full of uploads that violate copyright. Surely at some point Klehner has been on the wrong side of copyright -- and so it's silly, in my opinion, for Klehner to speak so sanctimoniously in this thread.

So because someone on you tube may be in violation of copyright law, you think it is perfectly acceptable to ask someone else to violate Flo's copyright protection for your entertainment purposes. Got it. 

go_rines12 didn't ask someone else--someone else in particular--to violate Flo's copyright protection. go_rines12 asked 'Can someone copy and paste the flo rankings here?' It's a harmless question; it's a yes-or-no question. Evidently the answer to the question is 'no'. Case closed?

And based on my learning from a cursory Google search the problematic part of the original question is the phrase 'copy and paste' -- i.e., full text copyrightable but ideas not.

Moving forward: Do you think this 'paywallcreep' a good thing?

Edited by jon

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

I just wanna sit in my house and read today's funny pages and these bastards are making me buy a whole dang newspaper.

Not quite! Go apples for apples, man. "I just wanna sit in my house and read today's funny pages and these bastards are making me buy a yearlong subscription."

Do you think this 'paywallcreep' a good thing?

Edited by jon