TBar1977

Flo 2019-2020 College Rankings

1 minute ago, jon said:

No whining in general. No whining about having to pay for things. When Flo paywall creeps bigger and bigger, it makes sense for wrestling fans to talk about Flo pricing. The phrase 'Flo pricing' refers to pricing scheme (i.e., yearly subscription) not to dollar amount.

I myself can afford $150 a year. My take on Flo does not reflect my own circumstances.

Your assertion "whining that you have to pay for things in this world" is false, baseless, disingenuous. If you're gonna say nonsense when you see my posts then just put me on ignore.

You keep acting like this is an issue with lots of people, but you are the only one complaining here. 

1 minute ago, jon said:

No whining in general. No whining about having to pay for things. When Flo paywall creeps bigger and bigger, it makes sense for wrestling fans to talk about Flo pricing. The phrase 'Flo pricing' refers to pricing scheme (i.e., yearly subscription) not to dollar amount.

Yeah, but presentinng a monthly cost for yearly fee is not uncommon. Its really not as controversial as you are making it out to be and its definitely not news to anyone on this site.

Track has pricing options. ESPN+ has pay-as-you-go pricing. Newspaper purchasable by the issue. Bread buyable by the loaf. Most streaming products have month-to-month pricing. Why does Flo get a pass?

As Flo paywall creeps bigger and bigger, it makes sense for wrestling fans to talk about Flo pricing.

2 minutes ago, jon said:

Track has pricing options. ESPN+ has pay-as-you-go pricing. Newspaper purchasable by the issue. Bread buyable by the loaf. Most streaming products have month-to-month pricing. Why does Flo get a pass?

As Flo paywall creeps bigger and bigger, it makes sense for wrestling fans to talk about Flo pricing.

They can do whatever they want. Same with newspapers, espn, and track. They can choose the pricing. Its up to you to purchase it. 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

They can do whatever they want. Same with newspapers, espn, and track. They can choose the pricing. Its up to you to purchase it. 

We're going nowhere here. Of course they can do whatever they want. So too can Flo. And wrestling fans will have discussion, give feedback, make critique.

Just use your ignore list, man. This way each of us better off.

1 minute ago, jon said:

Please stop with the ad hominem responses. Don't be a dick.

You are whining and complaining about a business model that clearly works for flo because its not what you want it to be. Thats entitlement sir. Thats not an ad hominem attack. Thats an actual critique on your position.

My opinion is that Flo's business model leads to a causals v. diehards situation, a haves v. havenots situation. Flo business model serves to decrease accessibility of wrestling to potential fans. Flo pricing structure a turn-off to all but the most die-hard fans.

There's no entitlement on my part. There's no sour grapes on my part. I'm here to opine about Flo just like you're here, apparently, to opine about Flo.

5 minutes ago, jon said:

We're going nowhere here. Of course they can do whatever they want. So too can Flo. And wrestling fans will have discussion, give feedback, make critique.

Just use your ignore list, man. This way each of us better off.

I told you a solution to your problem. Go to intermat and move on. You didnt like that people didnt want to rip on flo with you or as you like to call it have a "valid discussion". You clearly cant even handle or understand the valid critiques of your stance on this issue.

When you need to tell everyone to just ignore you if they disagree with you, then you really arent taking part in great debate are you?

Just now, jon said:

My opinion is that Flo's business model leads to a causals v. diehards situation, a haves v. havenots situation. Flo business model serves to decrease accessibility of wrestling to potential fans. Flo pricing structure a turn-off to all but the most die-hard fans.

There's no entitlement on my part. There's no sour grapes on my part. I'm here to opine about Flo just like you're here, apparently, to opine about Flo.

Ok. But they are free to do what they want and they also invest in the sport and provide a service. Just because you disagree with them on that(which is a criticism many have shared) doesnt mean we should all be pumped that you spam every single discussion you can with crap about flo. 

Flo needs to maintain a strong bottom line first before they can help the sport. Thats not as easy as you think it is in wrestling or else a competitor would come in and do that by now. 

Just now, russelscout said:

I told you a solution to your problem. Go to intermat and move on. You didnt like that people didnt want to rip on flo with you or as you like to call it have a "valid discussion". You clearly cant even handle or understand the valid critiques of your stance on this issue.

When you need to tell everyone to just ignore you if they disagree with you, then you really arent taking part in great debate are you?

Would you please stop with the hyperbole? I've not told everyone to ignore me. I've told *you* to ignore me. I find you prone to bickering (in general not just with me) and frankly I want to disengage.

I'm here at this thread to talk about Flo. Seems to me you're here to talk about me. Please keep your comments focused on Flo and on wrestling. Someone who critiques Flo lock-in ought not be called entitled. Wrestling would benefit from Flo having pricing options. And if these claims about coverage, access are true then month-to-month pricing ought to be viable.

1 minute ago, jon said:

You have made your stance...repeatedly. You don't like their model; we get it. You are in the minority with your opinion. Get over it and/or go away because you have absolutely hijacked this thread and turned it your personal grip with Flo.  Alternative options have been presented to you multiple times but you want to keep arguing semantics. Just stop already.

Back on topic,

Interesting to see so many freshmen ranked so high.  I cold have swore I remember Flo making a big deal about not ranking freshmen high until they win some matches.

Just now, Lurker said:

I thought flo had a monthly option, you just have to look for it?

Monthly option hidden and expensive -- something like $29.95 I think? Yes it is indeed better than nothing. ESPN+ something like $4.95 though? Streaming goals...

2 minutes ago, Big Nasty said:

You have made your stance...repeatedly. You don't like their model; we get it. You are in the minority with your opinion.

I make my stance... repeatedly... and almost always in follow-up to someone else's expression of displeasure.

3 minutes ago, Big Nasty said:

Interesting to see so many freshmen ranked so high.  I cold have swore I remember Flo making a big deal about not ranking freshmen high until they win some matches.

I posted this, but it got burried. What did you think about Tanner Sloan being where he is?

Just now, MrDream said:

I've contacted TheMat.com's executive team. They are implementing a subscription service at my request. We went back and forth on the target price point....I directed them to this thread and it seems they have landed on $150 for a yearly subscription.

See ya @jon

Yeah, but whats the monthly?

4 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I posted this, but it got burried. What did you think about Tanner Sloan being where he is?

Honestly, I think to much emphasis is being put on his win over Warner.  It is either an outlier or an indication of a major player.  Long term I still think Warner has the better career. 

1 minute ago, Big Nasty said:

Honestly, I think to much emphasis is being put on his win over Warner.  It is either an outlier or an indication of a major player.  Long term I still think Warner has the better career. 

The fact that he got majored in the finals  and warner didnt look great thinks its an outlier. Sloan will be good, but I dont like that they put him at 5 this soon.