Glane18

What weight is Deringer going?

2 minutes ago, Glane18 said:

I haven't seen his name in the 74kg or 86kg.  He is probably top 3 in the world at 79kg but might be in a tough situation size wise.  

It's not going to matter.  We have multiple existing world champs/medalists at both weights.  Although I greatly appreciate Ringer's style, and his performances abroad, he's just in an era where there are REALLY REALLY REALLY good guys at those weights.  Go down, and get hammered by those who have already hammered you.  Go up and get hammered by those that are pretty much guaranteed to hammer you (a la Taylor/Cox).

Taylor is the favorite, but honestly I think Dieringer has a solid chance to take 86kg, especially with Taylor still coming off his injury.  And while they are both extremely tough, I think Dieringer matches up better with Taylor than Dake anyway.

Taylor is the favorite, but honestly I think Dieringer has a solid chance to take 86kg, especially with Taylor still coming off his injury.  And while they are both extremely tough, I think Dieringer matches up better with Taylor than Dake anyway.
But his horse power will be seriously negated by COX

18 minutes ago, spladle08 said:
41 minutes ago, rpm002 said:

But his horse power will be seriously negated by COX

I think he’s saying if Cox goes up and and it’s only Taylor he has to contend with. 

3 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

I think he’s saying if Cox goes up and and it’s only Taylor he has to contend with. 

He didn't even take shots against Dake. Looked like a completely different guy than what I expected. I think the Taylor, Dake, Cox, and JB types are just a level better than Ringer. 

Dieringer is in a second tier RTC and  would be better served moving on to a different RTC that can offer different partners and strategies.  

He would of breezed through the 79 kg worlds this year as would Burroughs.   Dake has his style figured out.  His only 4 point moves consists firemans or dump.  Has no counter lifts or throws off shots and Dake knows it. 

5 minutes ago, tbert said:

Dieringer is in a second tier RTC and  would be better served moving on to a different RTC that can offer different partners and strategies.  

He would of breezed through the 79 kg worlds this year as would Burroughs.   Dake has his style figured out.  His only 4 point moves consists firemans or dump.  Has no counter lifts or throws off shots and Dake knows it. 

Your technical critique is very weak. His best TD is a 4 pointer, his defense is too basic.....just leave it at he's not good enough.

39 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Your technical critique is very weak. His best TD is a 4 pointer, his defense is too basic.....just leave it at he's not good enough.

If there is an expert on weak posts it is you.  Therefore I accept your critic.

I don't think Deringer gets past Nikal, and possibly not past MyMar.  Let alone Taylor or Cox.  I like Deringer and think he is world class.  Right now he isn't gonna get big enough to take those guys.  There will be to much size.  I am also not a Bo Bandwagon person, but I think he is number 3 unless Dake goes up.  I also think Bo's style is an absolute nightmare matchup for Deringer.  You can not constantly pressure or push against Bo or he will send you flying into another dimension. Since that is Ringers style, to push and pressure, it does not bode well against a guy like BO. 

Nickal or Mymar probably cant get past Valencia.  They all need to show me they can hang with the international studs.  

Regardless they all probably will be sitting on the same bench as two world champions that werent good enough to make olympic team.

Edited by tbert
We have a spell checker among us

6 minutes ago, tbert said:

Nickal or Mymar probably cant get past Valencia.  They all need to show me they can hang with the international studs.  

Regardless they all probably will be sitting on the same bench as two world champions that werent good enough to make olympic team.

Good problem to have... Fo sho

6 hours ago, tbert said:

I respectfully disagree.  I don't see Valencia beating those guys. He is very good without a doubt, and probably will make a team in the future.  However he still has some weight to put on before he does.  Even with him going up this year it is still big weight jump. 

Alex has proven to be one of the best in the world through international competitions.  It will be an interesting matchup with Taylor.   He has a chance to beat anyone at 86 also.  The following year he will be a world champ at 79.  I know losing to Dake again was tough for him, but he will rebound as he always has.  

13 hours ago, scramble said:

I don't think Deringer gets past Nikal, and possibly not past MyMar.  Let alone Taylor or Cox.  I like Deringer and think he is world class.  Right now he isn't gonna get big enough to take those guys.  There will be to much size.  I am also not a Bo Bandwagon person, but I think he is number 3 unless Dake goes up.  I also think Bo's style is an absolute nightmare matchup for Deringer.  You can not constantly pressure or push against Bo or he will send you flying into another dimension. Since that is Ringers style, to push and pressure, it does not bode well against a guy like BO. 

Nickal wrestles in the U23 world championships next month, so that will be a great measurement for us all to see where he is.  

7 hours ago, 1986 said:

Alex has proven to be one of the best in the world through international competitions.  It will be an interesting matchup with Taylor.   He has a chance to beat anyone at 86 also.  The following year he will be a world champ at 79.  I know losing to Dake again was tough for him, but he will rebound as he always has.  

You have him beating Dake in 2021?

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

You have him beating Dake in 2021?

Not sure if that’s what he is thinking, but I think JB will retire after 2020, and then maybe Dake will stay at 74? If that’s the case, I agree Ringer very well could be world champ at 79. I kinda doubt Dake stays down though

1 hour ago, Eagle26 said:

Not sure if that’s what he is thinking, but I think JB will retire after 2020, and then maybe Dake will stay at 74? If that’s the case, I agree Ringer very well could be world champ at 79. I kinda doubt Dake stays down though

I think Dake goes back to 79 regardless. No reason not to.

He can then do as he intended to do thisnyear and drop to 74 in 2023 for the pre-Oly worlds(if he intends to keep going that far).