Sign in to follow this  
TripNSweep

Defections after this Olympics?

Does anyone think that maybe we'll see some guys on the ladder go wrestle for other countries if they can't make the team here?  I know there was talk of Pico possibly wrestling for Mexico, though I have no idea how serious that is.  

Austin Gomez for Mexico, too.

Anyone from SOCAL may be able to finagle some way to make it happen w/ Mexico.

Maybe we can do an exchange program.

We'll send them our 'B' level wrestlers from SOCAL if they'll send us their 'B' level football players from NORMEX.

14 hours ago, TripNSweep said:

Does anyone think that maybe we'll see some guys on the ladder go wrestle for other countries if they can't make the team here?  I know there was talk of Pico possibly wrestling for Mexico, though I have no idea how serious that is.  

Aaron has a Mexican passport that he just got this year, so if you see him start posting all kinds of stuff to his Instagram and the location is the NY/NJ RTC with Kalika, Chamizo and Vlad, then you know it's serious.  All he has to do is qualify the weight at the Pan Am qualifiers in Canada next March, right?

Mark Schultz was working this kind of angle last Olympic cycle I believe, perhaps the one before, 2012.  Someone might do a search in this forum and I'm sure you'll find some items from Martial regarding this.

mspart