jeffrideal

Vote for Mike Eierman - Hometown Hero

There is some real cheddar involved here.  I like the videos of each coach.  Feel a little bad for the gymnastics coach, but along with track, we are the original Flo sport.

Edited by jeffrideal

16 hours ago, jeffrideal said:

Doesnt look like they will let you see the results anymore, so we have no idea how he is doing now. 

Thank you for participating! Your vote has been counted.*
Michael Eierman // Wrestling 42.33%  

Pam Kitchen // Gymnastics 43.27%  

Trailing as of now.  I was able to vote from my phone, my home and a few other IPs yesterday.  Today it looks like I have a new lease and can get back in. 
I need all the absolution I can muster. 

10 hours ago, TFBJR said:

Michael Eierman // Wrestling 46.65% 
 Pam Kitchen // Gymnastics 41.31% 

https://www.flolive.tv/video/6562517

Both seem very deserving.  Great videos.  Maybe Mssrs. Gilbert and Farner can expand the giving this year. 

I refuse to watch her video until after the competition ends. Hate to have her story sway me from voting for Eierman over and over.  I chose him not because of a wrestling tie, but for the young adults he has stuck with during a very vulnerable time in their life and found a way to “save.”  I’m sure she is very deserving, but I’ll find out afterward. 

Edited by MadMardigain

On 9/30/2019 at 7:39 AM, TFBJR said:

Michael Eierman // Wrestling 46.65% 
 Pam Kitchen // Gymnastics 41.31% 

https://www.flolive.tv/video/6562517

Both seem very deserving.  Great videos.  Maybe Mssrs. Gilbert and Farner can expand the giving this year. 

tt6x2gHB_bigger.jpg

For the first time ever, on behalf of Quicken Loans, @FloSports is honored to name both Mike Eierman and Pam Kitchen the 2019 recipients of the Hometown Hero Award presented by @RocketMortgage . They will each receive $25,000!
Excellent efforts by both Flo and Quicken!!

Edited by TFBJR

25 minutes ago, flanders said:

U get a new car! U get a new car! Everybody gets a new car! SMH

now we're getting mad because Flo and Rocket Mortgage are giving TOO MUCH money to deserving coaches who positively impact youth athletes? that is a take I honestly did not expect to encounter. 

16 minutes ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

now we're getting mad because Flo and Rocket Mortgage are giving TOO MUCH money to deserving coaches who positively impact youth athletes? that is a take I honestly did not expect to encounter. 

Not mad at all. Why did we vote if they're giving them both the prize? They could've saved us all the trouble of voting.

10 minutes ago, flanders said:

Not mad at all. Why did we vote if they're giving them both the prize? They could've saved us all the trouble of voting.

ok you're not mad, you're just criticizing the decision to give away an extra $25,000 and are complaining about having to take the trouble to vote in an online poll. got it. 

there were 5 candidates eligible to receive the $25,000 Hometown Heroes prize. the past two years this event was held, only one person out of the 5 candidates received a majority of the votes and so only one person received the $25,000. This year, Pam Kitchen and Mike Eierman received the vast majority of the votes in nearly equal amounts (I do not know the the exact vote count). Rather than disappoint one of the two passionate communities that both went above and beyond all expectations, Flo and Rocket Mortgage decided to double the amount of money they are giving away this year. Yet somehow you object to this. if that is not one of the worst takes I've ever heard on this board (and that is really saying something), I don't know what is. 

Sorry you had to go through the "trouble" of voting, but it enabled two wonderful and deserving people to received $25,000 instead of just one. The incredible hardship you endured did not go unappreciated. 

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

ok you're not mad, you're just criticizing the decision to give away an extra $25,000 and are complaining about having to take the trouble to vote in an online poll. got it. 

there were 5 candidates eligible to receive the $25,000 Hometown Heroes prize. the past two years this event was held, only one person out of the 5 candidates received a majority of the votes and so only one person received the $25,000. This year, Pam Kitchen and Mike Eierman received the vast majority of the votes in nearly equal amounts (I do not know the the exact vote count). Rather than disappoint one of the two passionate communities that both went above and beyond all expectations, Flo and Rocket Mortgage decided to double the amount of money they are giving away this year. Yet somehow you object to this. if that is not one of the worst takes I've ever heard on this board (and that is really saying something), I don't know what is. 

Sorry you had to go through the "trouble" of voting, but it enabled two wonderful and deserving people to received $25,000 instead of just one. The incredible hardship you endured did not go unappreciated. 

Completely agree with everything you said, except one thing.  He didn't have to go through the trouble of voting, he chose to.  And I'm guessing he chose to during a time of the day that didn't really take much away from his day.

This kind of reminds me of the college season, where our society evolved to the point that one of the most dominant college athletes in the country, was getting ridiculed and thrown shade for showing sportsmanship after each match.  The world we have created.......

1 hour ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

I don't object to that. Why not disappoint no one and give all 5 people $10,000? They're all worthy.