Lurker

Non-Olympic World’s

How about predictions?? Obviously to do so we have to assume who will NOT make Tokyo. 

61-Nashon Garret

70- Zain Retherford

79- Alex Deringsr

92- Bo Nickal 

(no I have nothing for PSU, just some initial thoughts)

How about predictions?? Obviously to do so we have to assume who will NOT make Tokyo. 
61-Nashon Garret
70- Zain Retherford
79- Alex Deringsr
92- Bo Nickal 
(no I have nothing for PSU, just some initial thoughts)

What do you see happening with Burroughs/Dake/Taylor/Cox that none of them would wind up on the non-olympic team? Obviously Snyder couldn't make 92 if Cox goes up and beats him, but at least one, probably two of these four are not making the Olympic team. Will they have too much pride to go for the non-Olympic world team or will the guys you listed beat them?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

What do you see happening with Burroughs/Dake/Taylor/Cox that none of them would wind up on the non-olympic team? Obviously Snyder couldn't make 92 if Cox goes up and beats him, but at least one, probably two of these four are not making the Olympic team. Will they have too much pride to go for the non-Olympic world team or will the guys you listed beat them?

I think Dake takes 74kg over Burroughs... and Jordan retires, gracefully and heroically.  It will be epic... and Dake beats Sidakov for OLY Gold.

61kg... I think Suriano may take this spot after he attempts 57kg and isn't the same wrestler 8 pounds lighter.  He's so lean already.  Where are those 8 lbs coming from?

70kg... Zain's a pretty decent pick, however, I wonder who may drop from 74kg (i.e. David Carr, etc.)

79kg... definitely like the Ringer pick... but, could see a Mark Hall or a Zahid slide in there.

92kg... definitely like the Nickal pick again... will be super interesting to see how he does at U23's.  

A world title is valuable even to an Olympic champ. I can’t imagine anyone would be “too proud” to forgo a second bite at the apple for a world title. Maybe too injured, too retired, too big or small, but not too proud.

If JB beats Dake, I see Dake going for 79 to become a 3x world champ, which is ratified air, asterisk or no asterisk.

If Dake beats JB, I see JB retiring. 

If Cox beats Snyder, I think Snyder won’t cut down. Too big or too counterproductive to his career longer-term. But if Snyder beats Cox, I see Cox going for another title at 92. Same as Dake. 

If Cox beats DT, I see DT going up. And vice versa.

39 minutes ago, Crotalus said:

My picks are for Burroughs and Cox to make the team (Cox at 86).  I don't know if I would say too much pride, but just as a hunch think they won't do the non-olympic world.  Could definatley be wrong, have nothing to base that hunch on, just a hunch.

Well, I haven't seen anything listed on UWW's events for 2020 that indicates that they have this scheduled, but hopefully they add this. 

Anyway, I would like to see Tyler Graff stay at 61, I think he performs much better at 61, than he does at 57. 

At 70, it will be interesting to see what James Green does, I believe that he will face some significant challenges at 70, so I believe it would be prudent of him to stay at 70, and try to make another Senior team. 

79, Well I believe Dake will go down and this weight will open up for Alex Dieringer and Mark Hall. 

92, Maybe Nickal, or do we see Cox back here if his attempt at either 86, or 97, is unsuccessful. 

There's also a good possibility that someone new breaks into the line up. 

I have wondered if it is being held or not too.  I looked it up about a month ago on UWW website but never found it.  I have been told it is not happening in 2020.  It would be nice if someone in the know would clarify this for us all.  A real shame if they are not planning it.

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

I have wondered if it is being held or not too.  I looked it up about a month ago on UWW website but never found it.  I have been told it is not happening in 2020.  It would be nice if someone in the know would clarify this for us all.  A real shame if they are not planning it.

mspart

TR Foley is in the know

What a shame if lack of funding was the reason we didn’t have the non-Olympic weights contested next year. Wishful thinking, but this seems like a good opportunity for the high net worth gang behind Beat the Streets to sponsor a world championship on US soil. The US would have a very competitive team to send.