Cairowrestler

Iszmail Muszukajev ("Hungary")

This Russian transplant is unbelievably talented, but he might be the biggest sandbagger I've seen since Jesus Wilson, (the Cuban that Terry Brands beat at the 1993 world championships).  Muszukajev made a mockery of the rules in his quarter final match against the Turk and nearly got DQ'd.  Hopefully UWW cracks down on his phonied up time outs in Tokyo.  If he gets in shape he will be in strong contention for Gold at 65KG in Tokyo.  Other than Rashidov  and possibly Aliev, I don't  think anyone can beat a well-conditioned Muszukajev. 

Edited by Cairowrestler

He's hungry for gold, i can tell you that.
I see what you did there...

But on a more serious note.... how the hell is he always so tired. Its like Shaq missing free throws... you know its going to happen, you just dont understand why.

10 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I see what you did there...

But on a more serious note.... how the hell is he always so tired. Its like Shaq missing free throws... you know its going to happen, you just dont understand why.

His attack’s are taxing because of how explosive he is. Anyone would get taxed exploding like that. And, he’s also probably lazy to a certain extent

Edited by CoachWrestling

His attack’s are taxing because of how explosive he is. Anyone would get taxed exploding like that. And, he’s also probably lazy to a certain extent
I thought the same thing but then decided he can still be in better shape. Guessing best version will be at Olympics

I tried to say in another thread that he was in just as bad of shape at worlds as he was when Yianni taxed him into eventual submission. He just didn't face a match at worlds with so many scrambles in a row and no injury fakes left to take. Of course his very impressive explosions are taxing, but so are everyone else's (are his attacks more explosive than Rashidov's or JB's?). You've got to figure out a way to mix in some better metabolic conditioning and get that anabolic threshold higher if you're serious about medaling. I see no way he's a threat for gold if he's in that bad of shape again at the Olympics. There are just too many things that can go wrong when you need 4 good results in a row.

Edited by maligned

1 hour ago, 1032004 said:

I think on FRL they said someone compiled a video of his top 10 being tired antics from Worlds, anyone have a link to that?

It’s in Twitter. I can’t remember who did it but yes it is quite funny. 

This guy, IMO, had the most dynamic offense out of any guy in the tournament.  His speed is unreal, his re-attacks were the best in the world, and the explosion he uses to defend is just crazy.  Everything your coach told you to do as a kid, this guy is just textbook.  All that being said, I found more pleasure watching this guy fade than almost any other wrestler in history minus Jadidi

8 hours ago, UsedToBe103 said:

Seriously, does this guy do anything other than drink Russian brewskies when he's not practicing technique (however long that might be)?

Straight Stoli in his water bottle...gotta keep those electrolytes up!

19 hours ago, UsedToBe103 said:

Seriously, does this guy do anything other than drink Russian brewskies when he's not practicing technique (however long that might be)?

Ya he smokes camel straits

On 10/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, UsedToBe103 said:

I think something we don't take into account enough is the genetic component. When they study long distance runners, they often times have genetic advantages that allow them to have better cardio. While wrestling cardio is different, I believe the same concept applies. 

It is like when we see high level D1 guys get tired. The vast majority of the time it has nothing to do with how hard they train. It could be that he just doesn't really have the lung capacity, heart capacity, etc (I don't know what I'm talking about with these examples) to be ready to go the whole 6 minutes. 

In the US, our style would never allow for a guy like that to make our team, so we aren't used to it. His style is terrible for facing Americans, even with his exceptional technique, speed and timing. We aren't used to it, so we think he just needs to work harder, but in reality I expect he trains pretty damn hard. 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:11 PM, Cairowrestler said:

This Russian transplant is unbelievably talented, but he might be the biggest sandbagger I've seen since Jesus Wilson, (the Cuban that Terry Brands beat at the 1993 world championships).  Muszukajev made a mockery of the rules in his quarter final match against the Turk and nearly got DQ'd.  Hopefully UWW cracks down on his phonied up time outs in Tokyo.  If he gets in shape he will be in strong contention for Gold at 65KG in Tokyo.  Other than Rashidov  and possibly Aliev, I don't  think anyone can beat a well-conditioned Muszukajev. 

Jesus Wilson was the biggest "dogger" I've ever seen....dirty wrestler, too.  If it's out there, watch Wilson vs Jason Kutz in the World Team Trials...maybe 2003?

The evidence strongly suggests the guy has improved his conditioning since he wrestled Yianni D, however, it’s still atrocious. He must have the worst Russian gas tank since Irkbek Farniev. It seems highly unlikely that a genetic defect causes him to gas out. It appears that many of the Russian transplants have shaky gas tanks. At least Adam Batirov can blame the fact he is almost 40. I recall watching video in the past showing many of the transplants training together with the national team members in Ossetia or Dagestan but I assume the transplants have far less overall training support than the Russian national team members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2019 at 12:29 AM, UsedToBe103 said:

He most likely doesn’t drink. He is a religious Muslim