irani

Cox in 86 Kg?

23 hours ago, Lurker said:

This story line is as entertaining, and as accurate, as the Snyder maybe moving up to 125 next year.....thing

I thought the same, but the frl guys said they have heard it is actually a possibility. Seems unlikely, but who knows

plus, if our 65kg rep can’t beat Pico, they don’t deserve to go to the Olympics. It sucks, but that’s the truth.

Edited by Housebuye

56 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

If you want to worry about a Gomez screwing up our chances to qualify 65kg at the Pam Ams it is more likely that Franklin starts training himself back down to 65kg and throws the monkey wrench in the works than it is that Austin could so.

Why not both?

56 minutes ago, lu1979 said:

If you want to worry about a Gomez screwing up our chances to qualify 65kg at the Pam Ams it is more likely that Franklin starts training himself back down to 65kg and throws the monkey wrench in the works than it is that Austin could so.

Why not both?

On 10/3/2019 at 6:14 PM, Housebuye said:

This is where I wish we were more practical. Zain lost to the Cuban, so we should send Yianni. Zain has his chance fair and square. 

You only get 1 chance in Life? No.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:39 AM, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Potential hammers?  Mexico could have someone show up out of the woodwork that's already beaten our 2019 rep...

Christ, I can't believe I forgot about Pico.

Although I think either Zain or Yianni beats him now, I really hope it remains purely hypothetical.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:14 PM, Housebuye said:

This is where I wish we were more practical. Zain lost to the Cuban, so we should send Yianni. Zain has his chance fair and square. 

That isn't due process.

I do wish the women's procedure was the prevalent one on all three styles.

1 hour ago, nhs67 said:

That isn't due process.

I do wish the women's procedure was the prevalent one on all three styles.

If the rule was in place like this, I don’t see the problem.   

Imt not suggesting we should randomly do it. I think our process should allow for this

Edited by Housebuye

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Imt not suggesting we should randomly do it. I think our process should allow for this

I agree.

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

Someone posted it in another thread.

Any medalist from this last cycle can challenge for any spot for the right to the PanAm games, or something along that.

On 10/2/2019 at 10:53 AM, Fishbane said:

This should be the procedure and for greco it is.  Below are the procedures for selecting the rep for the Pan Am qualifier for greco and women's freestyle.  Men's freestyle has not been released yet.  If they go with the greco procedures it's Downey's spot.  If they go with the women's freestyle procedure Gilman, Colon, Green, Burroughs, Dake, Taylor, Cox, Snyder and Gwiz have the right to challenge for the spot.

Greco

1. 2019 Greco-Roman World Team member returning to the same Olympic weight.

2. December 2019 Greco-Roman Olympic Trials Qualifier

• a. Top two place finishers (1st & 2nd – Olympic weights) will establish the #2 and #3 rank order

3. If the team can NOT be filled with the 2019 National Team in rank order, selections will be made by the Greco-Roman National Teams coaching staff.

• a. The selections will be made based off results during Fall 2019 & Winter 2020 competitions.
  • b. Competitive readiness will also be taken into consideration.

Women's Freestyle

1. The 2019 Senior World Team Member (Olympic weights) will be the U.S. representative; however,

2. A senior world medalist, at any weight, within this quad (2017-2019) will be given the opportunity to challenge the 2019 Senior World Team Member for the spot.

• a. If there is more than one challenger in a weight, there will be a single elimination tournament to determine who will challenge the 2019 World Team Member.
  • b. There will be a best of three series between the 2019 Senior World Team Member and the challenger to determine who will earn the spot.

3. If a 2019 Senior World Team Member, from an Olympic weight, vacates the weight; there will be a best of three series between the #2 and #3 National Team members at that weight to determine the spot.

*A 2019 Senior World Team Member (Olympic Weights) that chooses not to participate in the event, without a certified medical reason, will automatically lose that month's National Team stipend.

@wrestlingnerd

On 10/3/2019 at 9:14 PM, Housebuye said:

What an absolute idiotic take. With this thinking Yianni shouldn’t get another shot at Zain because he couldn’t get it done when it counted. 

Possible plot twist here and not that it would effect which weight Cox decides to go but could make the 86kg path a little easier. David Taylor just posted on twitter that he’s going to be a dad and the baby is due in April. Could be around the trials. I know I had a lot on my mind around the time my daughter was due and I wasn’t trying to make the Olympic team. Just hoping Taylor is able to keep his focus. 

On 10/1/2019 at 5:39 PM, nhs67 said:

Honestly gents...reality is unless Downey is injured or flat out withdraws his name he earned the right to represent USA as our #1 at Pan Ams. Likelihood of him qualifying us be damned or not.

After him it would be DT, who I might imagine would take it.

There is no precedence since we haven't had to worry about contraction with this scenario before. Would they have a special wrestleoff between, say Ringer and Heflin?

It is legit a few weeks before the OTT. Nobody is going to want to have to speak a few weeks apart. I would be willing to wager we have to await the last chance qualifier again. We could very well see someone very low on our ladder heading down there with how close it is. Chandler Rogers anyone?

It is our National team.  Downy made it last year.  For this cycle put them in a room and wrestle off for it.  Best 2 out of 3 - likely 2 out of 2 and lets end this silliness.  DT screwed Ringer by not announcing sooner - at least that his injury was unlikely to allow him to compete.  Let's not perpetuate a bad model.