irani

Interview with Hassan Yazdani

13 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

Elbrus is the one who tried to get into a fist fight with Satiev.  Not a great career move!

He was definitely a cocky and confident guy.  I remember before the match against Dabir in Tehran, he was laughing and completely relaxed before the finals

Hassan's interviews are generally always similar. Very respectful and polite, won't say anything controversial. In contrast his coach (not the national team coaches you see with him at worlds, I mean the guy who taught him how to wrestle and trains him when he is in his hometown) is a lot more forward in his interviews. I remember after the recent trials he said Yazdani could have beaten his opponent by more but did not want to. 

Here is a short documentary on him and the conditions he is training these wrestlers in. 

He particularly loves to recall the time he beat Elbrus Tedeev in the Iranian league :)

Edited by Shiraz123

24 minutes ago, Coach_J said:

You know, those Ukrainians all look the same!

Lol, no it was just a stupid assumption on my part.  Although as cousins, there is some resemlence

They were both Ossetians , became Ukranian Citizen later, so it's the Ossetians who all look alike.

Ossetian are very close relatives of Iranians, although you would not guess that by looking at the Tedeev cousins

6 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Hassan's interviews are generally always similar. Very respectful and polite, won't say anything controversial. In contrast his coach (not the national team coaches you see with him at worlds, I mean the guy who taught him how to wrestle and trains him when he is in his hometown) is a lot more forward in his interviews. I remember after the recent trials he said Yazdani could have beaten his opponent by more but did not want to. 

Here is a short documentary on him and the conditions he is training these wrestlers in. 

He particularly loves to recall the time he beat Elbrus Tedeev in the Iranian league :)

Thank you so much for posting this.  the forum does not let me know any more Likes for today, so i felt obligated to thank you :)

26 minutes ago, Shiraz123 said:

Thanks. I knew this guy Hemmat Moslemi but never saw this documentary . that was very interesting and funny. and he still has those newspapers mentioning his win over Tedeev lol

I also loved that little kid (apparently Moslemi's nephew) he became interested in wrestling after watching "Reza Yazdani" he wants to win medals like "Hassan Yazdani" but his role model is ... "Nader Hajaghania"! ??!!!! Seriously ?!

this documentary was about last year with some footage from last year trials, that made me compare Yazdani 2018 with 2019. I think he was much better this year. his preparation for 2018 was terrible he only wrestled in Asia ! (twice, both Asian Champs and Asian Games)

7 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

Thanks. I knew this guy Hemmat Moslemi but never saw this documentary . that was very interesting and funny. and he still has those newspapers mentioning his win over Tedeev lol

I also loved that little kid (apparently Moslemi's nephew) he became interested in wrestling after watching "Reza Yazdani" he wants to win medals like "Hassan Yazdani" but his role model is ... "Nader Hajaghania"! ??!!!! Seriously ?!

this documentary was about last year with some footage from last year trials, that made me compare Yazdani 2018 with 2019. I think he was much better this year. his preparation for 2018 was terrible he only wrestled in Asia ! (twice, both Asian Champs and Asian Games)

Lol he always finds a way to mention the Tedeev stuff, I've read a lot of interviews with him (they are always entertaining, unlike most Iranian wrestler interviews) and this is far from the only one where he recalls that win. Honestly I was wondering about him as a wrestler. Do you know how good he was? I'm sure the Tedeev win was a fluke over a out of shape opponent, like when Gedeuv came to Iran and lost to Hasantabar. But it doesn't seem he ever even competed outside of Iran. I'm guessing he was just a random national level wrestler.

Agree about Yazdani's preperation for worlds last year. Not sure what they were thinking when they didn't have him wrestle outside of Asia after the Paris world championships. 

Edited by Shiraz123

No, Im not from state college.  I just think it is unacceptable to put down other people representing team usa.  Do you remember when cox lost a match and taylor started badmouthing his effort.  This is a true shame and is a sad display of ones character

1 hour ago, reggiewax said:

No, Im not from state college.  I just think it is unacceptable to put down other people representing team usa.  Do you remember when cox lost a match and taylor started badmouthing his effort.  This is a true shame and is a sad display of ones character

I have no problem with Taylor putting down our Team USA representatives. I do it regularly. 

2 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

Lol he always finds a way to mention the Tedeev stuff, I've read a lot of interviews with him (they are always entertaining, unlike most Iranian wrestler interviews) and this is far from the only one where he recalls that win. Honestly I was wondering about him as a wrestler. Do you know how good he was? I'm sure the Tedeev win was a fluke over a out of shape opponent, like when Gedeuv came to Iran and lost to Hasantabar. But it doesn't seem he ever even competed outside of Iran. I'm guessing he was just a random national level wrestler.

Agree about Yazdani's preperation for worlds last year. Not sure what they were thinking when they didn't have him wrestle outside of Asia after the Paris world championships. 

He does find a way to mention his Tedeev win, and even the announcers mentioned it it when he was coaching Yazdani on TV.  To be fair, if I had ever defeated an Olympic champion, I would mention it all the time too.  I might even change my name to "the guy that beat Olympic champion, Tedeev" :)

For our non Persian speaking friends, if you watch anything, go to minute 13:58 to watch an interview with Hassan Yazdani as a kid.  He was as affable then as he is now

The 9 year kid who was interviewed, I think he said his name is Mohammad Hosseini, I am going to remember that name, perhaps we will hear about him in cadets or juniors in a few years.

3 hours ago, Shiraz123 said:

I really don't remember him as a wrestler (I should but I can't) his name is familiar though, I mean even before he made a name as Yazdani's coach.

obviously it was a fluke win, you never can take league results seriously. they want to win because they will be paid more but foreign wrestlers are sometimes out of shape, and maybe less motivated comparing to someone local. for this guy that was the most important match of his career. I'm quite sure Tedeev doesn't even remember that match lol

43 minutes ago, irani said:

The 9 year kid who was interviewed, I think he said his name is Mohammad Hosseini, I am going to remember that name, perhaps we will hear about him in cadets or juniors in a few years.

I think it was Mohammad Moslemi, that guy's nephew if I'm not wrong. and yeah I think it's possible to hear his name again. but not if he considers Hajaghania as his role model lol

but it's impossible to remember "Mohammad Hosseini" I think that's probably the most common name in Iran lol

3 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

I think it was Mohammad Moslemi, that guy's nephew if I'm not wrong. and yeah I think it's possible to hear his name again. but not if he considers Hajaghania as his role model lol

but it's impossible to remember "Mohammad Hosseini" I think that's probably the most common name in Iran lol

As always, you are right, his name is Moslemi not Hosseini.  I did not hear the part about Hajaghania, but I think I heard him say this role model is Nader Rosvani?  at one minute did you hear the Hajaghania part?

1 hour ago, Shiraz123 said:

He definitely said Nader Hajaghania at 10:53. To be honest he could probably beat Hajaghania right now.

I listened to him again, I then hear him say I wrestle at 30 kg, and my role model is Mr. Nader Rosvani

I do not know a Nader Rosvani, but that I what I hear.  It is pretty clear to me  He says "Olgooye man Aghaye Nadere Rosvarani hast"

If both of you are hear Hajaghania, then it's time to have my ears checked