nhs67

New Flo Color Scheme

15 hours ago, russelscout said:

Do you think they said to hell with customer service and streaming to make that change?  

14 hours ago, headshuck said:

I’ve had my share of ventures and the “corporate identity” work doesn’t affect production. It generally happens in a vacuum.

Correct, however they do impact the bottom line (just talking the costs involved to develop them).    Considering that outside of stream issues, the biggest complaint IMO about Flo is the cost, it seems irresponsible IMO if they spent much money on a seemingly unnecessary logo change.

Looking at it, for their sake hopefully they just did it in-house and it didn't cost them too much.

Edited by 1032004

And for the record, I don't think they "ripped off" anyone with the logo.  I've seen like 6 different pictures of companies they supposedly ripped off, even though all 6 basically look different.

I normally don't say this, but it has really gotten to this point now. Why don't all the experts here start their own company. It is obvious to all of you that it is so easy and with so many experts in marketing, social media, content, customer service, and streaming services, why are we all wasting our time on this forum? We should be starting flos next competitor and grow the sport like everyone here is talking about all the time. By a lot of posters opinions, it appears that flo is not only hurting the sport, but leaving lots of money on the table. Come on everyone! Lets start a company and be rich!

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

We should be starting flos next competitor and grow the sport like everyone here is talking about all the time. 

I grow the sport right here on this forum, 1 post at a time, thank you very much.  

Anyway, if there's one thing that we should know by now about wrestling fans, it's that they'll almost always resist change.  

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Anyway, if there's one thing that we should know by now about wrestling fans, it's that they'll almost always resist change.  

Well maybe. But that's not why Flo logo is laughable.

Edited by jon

I liked it when I could tell it was an F for Flo. 

If also prefer each sports lateral got its own color scheme.  I actually like the green and though it made things noticeable, but think a new color per sport would make each site stand out individually especially when surfing on media box.  Then just include the the same FloSports main logo on each site with the beginning Flo lettering  of each name in whatever fancy font they choose. 

Edited by MadMardigain

3 hours ago, russelscout said:

Add color theory to the list

Seriously though, companies change their logos all the time.  But how many times do they change their colors?  That just seems odd IMO

4 hours ago, russelscout said:

I normally don't say this, but it has really gotten to this point now. Why don't all the experts here start their own company. It is obvious to all of you that it is so easy and with so many experts in marketing, social media, content, customer service, and streaming services, why are we all wasting our time on this forum? We should be starting flos next competitor and grow the sport like everyone here is talking about all the time. By a lot of posters opinions, it appears that flo is not only hurting the sport, but leaving lots of money on the table. Come on everyone! Lets start a company and be rich!

I basically said this in the other thread, but the issue isn’t necessarily people being capable of developing something better than Flo (although I’m certainly not), it’s the fact that Flo is already so dominant in the marketplace.   They’re not particularly great, but they were first, and overcoming their market share in a niche market at this point will be extremely difficult if you don’t already have loads of cash.  

But I don’t really undertand this argument anyway. Do you tell people who complain about restaurants to go open one?  Just because someone thinks something can be done better, doesn’t mean they should be the ones to do it.

Edited by 1032004

21 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

But I don’t really undertand this argument anyway. Do you tell people who complain about restaurants to go open one?  Just because someone thinks something can be done better, doesn’t mean they should be the ones to do it.

I dont normally, no. A little criticism here and there is not bad. However, if I go into the only restaurant in town with someone, and they critique the menu, the food, the seating, the waitstaff, the pricing and any other little thing they can think of, I definitely would. If the restaurant is that terrible and you have every single answer, why wouldnt you try to compete?

Yes, Flo has market share, but if there are that many holes in their service as some would have you believe, there should still be plenty of opportunity.

Edited by russelscout

36 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Seriously though, companies change their logos all the time.  But how many times do they change their colors?  That just seems odd IMO

My guess? They are trying to bring all the sports under one logo/color scheme. Thats not that odd.