MSU158

Great interview with Spencer Lee's father, courtesy of Hawkeye Wrestling Club!

Really good interview, thanks for sharing. I loved learning about how Lee's parents met. Might be the best story that led to marriage I've heard.

This is notable: "The best compliment that I can give to the Iowa Coaching staff is that through the entire recruiting process and it was an intense process; they were the only staff that never, not one time, said anything derogatory or negative about another program or coach."

Love them or hate them, the Brands have character.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

Great article ... but it sounds like too much of a coincidence that both kids chose Iowa schools while they supposedly didn't know their dad had a job offer from Coe (where his daughter presumably gets free tuition).  But as parents, it's our duty to embellish the family history from time to time, so I approve.

Edited by Fletcher

On 10/3/2019 at 12:51 PM, Fletcher said:

Great article ... but it sounds like too much of a coincidence that both kids chose Iowa schools while they supposedly didn't know their dad had a job offer from Coe (where his daughter presumably gets free tuition).  But as parents, it's our duty to embellish the family history from time to time, so I approve.

Well even based on the story part of the reason the sister chose Coe was to be closer to Spencer once he chose Iowa, so I think that’s believable.

Edited by 1032004