Sign in to follow this  
lu1979

Ohio State This season

14 minutes ago, Billyhoyle said:

I’m surprised Quinn Kinner isn’t projected to start. I feel like highly ranked recruits who are exceptional from the top position generally transition well to college. Guess that may not be the case here. 

I wouldn't go that far yet. Kinner was pretty solid last year. I think it has more to do with the talent in front of him. 

3 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

I wouldn't go that far yet. Kinner was pretty solid last year. I think it has more to do with the talent in front of him. 

Buckeyes have a deep team.  Give it some time. Sometimes... Crap happens and one super stud is behind another super stud.

20 hours ago, Perry said:

I think this with the exception of heavy is what I would predict. Kerk needs to rest his knee IMO and there is no reason to rush it when you have Singletary ready to go. Take the year to heal more and learn with kyle and company. A solid team but still likely a tick behind Penn State and Iowa so no need to burn Red Shirts IMO. With this lineup I predict they would AA at 133, 141, 149, 174 and 197 (heavy with Kerk, maybe with Single but I wouldn't bank on it). Again, solid team that contends for a trophy but no where near enough horse power to break into the top 2.

Kerk already has said he is going from the start hasn't he?

19 hours ago, Billyhoyle said:

I’m surprised Quinn Kinner isn’t projected to start. I feel like highly ranked recruits who are exceptional from the top position generally transition well to college. Guess that may not be the case here. 

I think with Kinner it's his freestyle results that people are looking at.  He took some bad losses.  To your point, he's good on the mat and you might be able to write those off as, "he's just a folkstyler," but getting smoked by career backups on other teams... hard to spin that.  

That said, if Pletcher is back at 133 he's certainly in the conversation to start at 141.