Martini

Zadick as new coach

I heard Mike Zadick was fired at ISU for a fight with a coach. Has anyone heard if this is true? Also he has always been a loose cannon and I think he is a poor choice to be a coach. 

Zadick is a good coach that struggles to maintain long term personal relationships (at least in coaching). I don't think coaching at u23s is a big deal. If he was chosen for a more long term and prominent position then questions would need to be asked.

I believe Zadick was also suspended from Iowa wrestling for fighting while shaking hands with Minn wrestlers. Who does that? 2 fights are 2 too many. Also how he handled the Kanen Storr issue showed poor judgement. 

2 hours ago, Martini said:

I believe Zadick was also suspended from Iowa wrestling for fighting while shaking hands with Minn wrestlers. Who does that? 2 fights are 2 too many. Also how he handled the Kanen Storr issue showed poor judgement. 

So you really don’t know first hand much just hearsay, gotcha. My dealings/knowledge of Zadick is a great guy.

Edited by Alwayswrestling

25 minutes ago, Martini said:

Jackals!

11 minutes ago, Alwayswrestling said:

So you really don’t know first hand much just hearsay, gotcha. My dealings/knowledge of Zanuck is great guy.

yeah, but what about Zadick?   :)

mspart

Why Zadick left Iowa State is all speculation, at least on here. Zadick’s results as a coach are not. He is good. If what he did was so bad, given how public the speculation has been, I doubt he would’ve passed the background and reference checks that occur as a matter of course in these hiring decisions. Therefore, good hire, in my opinion. 

Zaddick is a guy I could see rubbing people the wrong way.  But at the same time you know he's a driven competitor who when he wrestled was as mean as they come.  Watching the ESPN thing that gives you some idea as to why he was that way.  

Yes I am not 1000% sure Zadick actually started a fight with another ISU coach, but I dare you to ask Dresser. I have heard it from more than one source it happened. The fight with Minn wrestlers after a dual I believe is correct. Please prove me wrong before you say Zadick is a good choice. 

36 minutes ago, Martini said:

Yes I am not 1000% sure Zadick actually started a fight with another ISU coach, but I dare you to ask Dresser. I have heard it from more than one source it happened. The fight with Minn wrestlers after a dual I believe is correct. Please prove me wrong before you say Zadick is a good choice. 

That is not how things work.  Nor should it work that way.  If you want to slam a person’s character and accuse him in a public way, you need the proof.   We don’t need to prove your guesses and ‘beliefs’ are wrong.  

I’ve heard you’ve had ‘relations’ with some heinous acting (and looking!) people.  Folks should believe me unless you can prove me wrong.  And it needs to be super solid proof.  None of this ‘I did not’ crap.

See what I mean?

2 hours ago, Martini said:

Proof of the pudding is in the eating.  I predict Zadick will not pull a Mongolia,  we wont see any fundamental technique errors directly caused by his coaching, he wont make a gigantic mat side error AND he wont shewt a single varmint while repping the red white and blue.