Sign in to follow this  
andegre

WrestleStat's Fantasy College Wrestling is LIVE!

1 hour ago, andegre said:

Hey Wrestling fans, we are excited to announce the #FantasyCollegeWrestling on WrestleStat is officially open!

We really hope you enjoy it, and you have any questions/comments/concerns, don't hesitate in reaching out to us at support@wrestlestat.com.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/fcw

Question: If I do the $30 does that clear me for unlimited use forever, as long as the site and content is available? Or is it a per season thing?

6 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Question: If I do the $30 does that clear me for unlimited use forever, as long as the site and content is available? Or is it a per season thing?

It's per season, at this point in time.

This is awesome, great job for doing this. The fee structure seems a bit high (60 dollars per league), given that we are accustomed to free fantasy in traditional sports and a small fee for money leagues, but I’m sure it was a ton of work getting this off the ground. Your site is awesome and only getting better. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

On 10/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, andegre said:

Hey Wrestling fans, we are excited to announce the #FantasyCollegeWrestling on WrestleStat is officially open!

We really hope you enjoy it, and you have any questions/comments/concerns, don't hesitate in reaching out to us at support@wrestlestat.com.

Why are you cutting off the season at Feb 23rd... It would be interesting to keep the teams through NCAA's for the final run.

17 hours ago, killdozer said:

Why are you cutting off the season at Feb 23rd... It would be interesting to keep the teams through NCAA's for the final run.

Primary purpose was it would introduce a different strategy for just the 2 playoff weeks.

Let me explain...

The entire season is predicated around weekly matchups where it's a mixture of tournaments and duals, with the 2nd half of the season being primarily duals. Using the last 2 weeks of the regular/dual season as the playoff weeks, we stay under the same format/strategy of setting a roster instead of just the top wrestlers on your roster.

This was one of the big things we debated all summer, and ultimately decided to leave them out.

We will definitely address this again next offseason, as it's obviously too late to change things now (because of all the testing that would need to be done).

2 hours ago, andegre said:

Primary purpose was it would introduce a different strategy for just the 2 playoff weeks.

Let me explain...

The entire season is predicated around weekly matchups where it's a mixture of tournaments and duals, with the 2nd half of the season being primarily duals. Using the last 2 weeks of the regular/dual season as the playoff weeks, we stay under the same format/strategy of setting a roster instead of just the top wrestlers on your roster.

This was one of the big things we debated all summer, and ultimately decided to leave them out.

We will definitely address this again next offseason, as it's obviously too late to change things now (because of all the testing that would need to be done).

Thank you andegre,

I understand completely what you were saying. It is a completely different strategy over just taking the highest ranked guy. I like it. I would just like the post season included so I can lord it over my friends when I beat them in regular season and NCAA's.

On 10/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, andegre said:

Great work. Will the drafts be mobile device friendly or will you need the desktop version of the site?

1 hour ago, MDogg said:

Great work. Will the drafts be mobile device friendly or will you need the desktop version of the site?

It's possible, and a few people did it while beta-testing this summer, but it's A LOT of scrolling on a phone. With the long lists of wrestlers, and all the extra "sections" that are on the page, it's not optimized for mobile.....YET.

I will work on trying to make it work better for mobile, but can't promise anything with drafts already scheduled to start in the next couple days. I don't want to implement something I'm not 100% sure on, then have the entire draft process blow up for EVERYONE because I didn't test enough before deploying.

Just finished my first draft. Love the concept-excited to participate throughout the season.

I have 2 main critiques:
1. A better draft experience is necessary moving forward. I had to refresh every pick in order to see updated draft availability. That's an insane amount of times throughout the 2 hour draft. It felt like I was back using the internet in 1999 on NetZero.

2. Larger rosters are needed. I would increase the bench size to between 6-8...especially with the uneven schedules week to week in how the league is designed. It would make for a truer "Fantasy Team" experience. Instead, you're either going to have a ton of guys on byes every week or there's going to be so much turnover in teams week to week that a draft at the beginning is pointless. 

This looks great. A group of us have done this, by hand, the last 5 years or so. We started out with the exact same format

A couple of tweaks we had to make(not sure how you would code this):

1. We went to Average score for a week. We had guys just chasing matches, picking up guys from Davidson just to get matches

2. We added "bonus" points for beating ranked opponents. 5 points- 1-5, 3 points- 6-12, 1 point-13-20

3. We allowed "bumping" up a weight class to fill in for byes/known injuries. 285 bumps to 125. This is only if you can not fill a roster spot. We toyed around with a DL for a year, but it didn't seem to work out right.

4. Last year, we went to an "Play All" format. You are playing against everyone, every week. We then award NCAA placement points according to how you finish each week.(16 for 1st, 12 for 2nd, etc.). You then take your weekly points into the NCAA tournament and score everyone on your roster at the tournament to determine a winner.

www.seifantasywrestling.weebly.com

Andegre,

Can you give more clarification on what the actual draft portion looks like?  Are there time limits etc?  The reason I ask is because my group usually does the draft over the course of a few days due to timezones, schedules, etc instead of a traditional 1-2 hour fantasy draft. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:11 AM, lost said:

Andegre,

Can you give more clarification on what the actual draft portion looks like?  Are there time limits etc?  The reason I ask is because my group usually does the draft over the course of a few days due to timezones, schedules, etc instead of a traditional 1-2 hour fantasy draft. 

Sure, 10 users in group, 15 on roster, therefore 15 rounds. Each user will have 2 minutes per pick.

Custom rosters was another thing I wanted to be able to do (or a draft without timers), but it never got completed in time. Sorry. Depending on the format, I may be able to help you out if you twist my arm hard enough ;)

Edit: sorry, let me expand on this, I was in a hurry earlier...

Also in the draft, if your 2 minute timer expires, then you will automatically receive the best available wrestler (according to your need weights).

If you forget about the draft, or can't make it, the commissioner has the ability to toggle any user to "AutoPick" ONLY if that user has been out of the draft room for more than 5 minutes.

(end edit)

To the other posters above regarding feedback: first, THANK YOU, it's very much appreciated. Most/all of those items will be addressed and fixed for next season. Just not possible to do for this season.

Edited by andegre