Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

Flo, you want to increase my interest in Who's Number 1?

Make the WNO show available as a podcast on spotify, podbean, etc. I want to care. I want to know who these high school kids are. I am starving for that content, but you do not make the content easily accessible during a work day. I have to have wifi or drain my data if I am on the road. I have to pause or silence the show if a phone call comes up. I find it hard to go through the trouble, especially when I have a ton of other options in podcast form. JMO.

1 hour ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

If they really want to juice the numbers, they should consider spicing up the "showmatch" a bit.  I'm thinking maybe a polar bear vs. 2 silver backs?  Something of that nature.  

Free or Folk?

There's been discussions about putting WNO the Show out as a standalone podcast. It was conceived as a premium talk show that has always been behind the paywall, so we've been reluctant to distribute it via other platforms for free and as of yet Flo does not have a native audio player that we can make part of a subscription. We've asked for one but it's a pretty low priority compared to the enhancements we're committed to making in the live video department. 

Appreciate the feedback and glad to hear there is more interest in WNO the show. 

17 hours ago, Jaroslav Hasek said:

There's been discussions about putting WNO the Show out as a standalone podcast. It was conceived as a premium talk show that has always been behind the paywall, so we've been reluctant to distribute it via other platforms for free and as of yet Flo does not have a native audio player that we can make part of a subscription. We've asked for one but it's a pretty low priority compared to the enhancements we're committed to making in the live video department. 

Appreciate the feedback and glad to hear there is more interest in WNO the show. 

Gotchya. Well, I guess I will continue to not follow your high school content. This is a long way of saying that making sure people pay for this is a lot more important to flo than trying to make it convenient, even for our paying customers, but we also dont have the time to fix the problem that is already obvious to us... thanks for your feedback.

Edited by russelscout

48 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Gotchya. Well, I guess I will continue to not follow your high school content. This is a long way of saying that making sure people pay for this is a lot more important to flo than trying to make it convenient, even for our paying customers, but we also dont have the time to fix the problem that is already obvious to us... thanks for your feedback.

you're welcome!

I see two sides to this topic. On one hand, yes, the lack of infrastructure presents a bad look. But on the other hand WNO is Flo's baby. This is one of those rare occasions when one can say, reasonably, "Without Flo there'd be no 'X'" It's nonsense to say "Without Flo there'd be no good wrestling coverage" but it is indeed reasonable to say "Without Flo there'd be no WNO". I don't get why Flo classifies as premium the WNO podcasts but I don't fault 'em for doing so.

Edited by jon

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

deleting pointless post...

Why is this pointless. I listened to Willie make excuses about why WNO attendance was consistently so low on FRL yesterday. He blames it on lack of interest. Ok, maybe to some degree, but it also doesnt help that it isnt as easy to follow high school as the college scene is. Clearly flo has seen that this is not an efficient way to run the WNO program if they are asking for an audio player to fix the problem. But since fixing the problem, as spey said, isnt a priority, and they or not willing to take it out from behind the paywall, how can Willie put it on the fans by saying they lack interest?

Flo has no forsight here. Hell, I have defended the paywall extensively. I dont have a problem with that, but if you are going to put it behind a paywall then atleast make easy accessibility a priority. Instead they mail it in,  blame the fans and use wrestling as niche sport as an excuse when numbers are lackluster.

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Why is this pointless. I listened to Willie make excuses about why WNO attendance was consistently so low on FRL yesterday. He blames it on lack of interest. Ok, maybe to some degree, but it also doesnt help that it isnt as easy to follow high school as the college scene is. Clearly flo has seen that this is not an efficient way to run the WNO program if they are asking for an audio player to fix the problem. But since fixing the problem, as spey said, isnt a priority, and they or not willing to take it out from behind the paywall, how can Willie put it on the fans by saying they lack interest?

Flo has no forsight here. Hell, I have defended the paywall extensively. I dont have a problem with that, but if you are going to put it behind a paywall then atleast make easy accessibility a priority. Instead they mail it in,  blame the fans and use wrestling as niche sport as an excuse when numbers are lackluster.

The post I originally had was pointless because it offered nothing toward whether or not the WNO show should be free or not, and after rethinking would only spawn another debate very similar to the one in the WNO thread thats been going for a few days.  So I deleted it.  Hope that's okay with you.

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The post I originally had was pointless because it offered nothing toward whether or not the WNO show should be free or not, and after rethinking would only spawn another debate very similar to the one in the WNO thread thats been going for a few days.  So I deleted it.  Hope that's okay with you.

Its completely ok @Lurker. Let me restate my position though because I think you have me wrong here. I actually don't care if its free or not. My problem is that the show is an hour long and they refuse to put this in a format that is easily accessible on mobile. This seems so contrary to logic in 2019. Spey even stated that they see the problem with this but it is not a priority. Spey, Bratke, and Willie excused away low attendance in Iowa City as a lack of interest and wrestling being a niche sport, but maybe if they took the time to consider some of these things there would be more interest.

46 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Its completely ok @Lurker. Let me restate my position though because I think you have me wrong here. I actually don't care if its free or not. My problem is that the show is an hour long and they refuse to put this in a format that is easily accessible on mobile. This seems so contrary to logic in 2019. Spey even stated that they see the problem with this but it is not a priority. Spey, Bratke, and Willie excused away low attendance in Iowa City as a lack of interest and wrestling being a niche sport, but maybe if they took the time to consider some of these things there would be more interest.

I understand your position (I think everyone does). I have no opinion to state on your position. No clarification needed. 

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I understand your position (I think everyone does). I have no opinion to state on your position. No clarification needed. 

The fact that you misrepresented my position made me think otherwise. Anyways, carry on.

10 minutes ago, russelscout said:

The fact that you misrepresented my position made me think otherwise. Anyways, carry on.

I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion being that I wrote a post that in no way mentioned or pointed to your position, then deleted it a minute later without you even seeing it. Are you really that hard up to argue with someone? 

Enjoy that. Good day. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion being that I wrote a post that in no way mentioned or pointed to your position, then deleted it a minute later without you even seeing it. Are you really that hard up to argue with someone? 

Enjoy that. Good day. 

I came to that conclusion because you said: 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The post I originally had was pointless because it offered nothing toward whether or not the WNO show should be free or not

This comment would suggest that whether the show is free or not was large part of what I was trying to say, and it was definitely not. It also contradicts several stances that I have taken defending Flo in the past. Can you really not see why I would want to set that straight? Its only an argument if you make it one Lurker. Relax. 

1 minute ago, russelscout said:

I came to that conclusion because you said: 

This comment would suggest that whether the show is free or not was large part of what I was trying to say, and it was definitely not. It also contradicts several stances that I have taken defending Flo in the past. Can you really not see why I would want to set that straight? Its only an argument if you make it one Lurker. Relax. 

Good day