Kentucky_Mudflap

Transfer Tech - Grate Plan or Ticking Time Bomb?

Gents when Tommy figured out talent wins even when it dont work reel hard and there arnt no future in being no developmental program he hit the road and started picking up some gents what was on the market run off or flunked out or otherwise on waivers hombres like Downey Lugo Teasedale Desanto and such now some gents say thats a stroke of genius and others say its like buying a used car you just bought yourself a whole lot of trouble Kale aint gonna buy a bus ticket for some gent what aint pissed his last drop and being one of Kales close personal friends I gotta agree hes a reel ***hole when it comes in between him and winning he took my old friend Andy Long on board and maybe he learnt his lessons or otherwise just wanted to win gents got him his first title some would argue a national titles worth rolling the dice and some of them same gents would argue thats what Tommys doing stacking his whole entire lineup with transfers.

Now Tommys purse puppies and pickle sniffers is running there mouths about Teasedale saying hes the next coming of Jesus Christ killing everybody in the room and thats going to compel my team favorite Desanto to move up to 141 and them same gents is going to say thats all good and fine gets him another 10 pts at Nattys or maybe more.

But friends the Voice of Wrestlings going to say theres a risk in them transfer gents and sometimes it take 7 or 8 second chances to make it to the next level and theres a risk of a slip or a trip or maybe even a big fall and maybe taking them transfer gents is necessary when you aint done your homework or want to take a shortcut or maybe when your heads on the block and your just plain desperate and I gotta say you take the risk then dont do the crime if you cant do the time be careful Tommy I sure hope for your sake you know what your doing.

7 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

By all accounts Teasdale is doing great so far.  I think he can stay out of trouble. 

I mean, this is Iowa City we're talking about after all--shouldn't be that hard to avoid shooting yourself in the foot...

I mean, this is one fine post. It has true substance, true context, true connection, and just....truth. All wrapped in one subtle package.  Very nicely done. 

30 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I mean, this is one fine post. It has true substance, true context, true connection, and just....truth. All wrapped in one subtle package.  Very nicely done. 

Not his best, is all I'm saying.  Not even close.  I need closure.

Cael gave Long a chance with strick rules about behavior. The kid deserved a chance as do most who make mistakes. As with Long not all of them work out. Sad to see as he had a ton of talent on the mat. If he had stuck with the plan at the time he would be in a lot better circumstances today.

When Cael goes out on a limb to help the next wrestler he will have the benefit of having dealt with Long and a few others. He is about helping the kids as well as putting the best team possible on the mat.

10 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Cael gave Long a chance with strick rules about behavior. The kid deserved a chance as do most who make mistakes. As with Long not all of them work out. Sad to see as he had a ton of talent on the mat. If he had stuck with the plan at the time he would be in a lot better circumstances today.

When Cael goes out on a limb to help the next wrestler he will have the benefit of having dealt with Long and a few others. He is about helping the kids as well as putting the best team possible on the mat.

How about he kid he helped who’s mother was sexually assaulted by Long?

15 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

By all accounts Teasdale is doing great so far.  I think he can stay out of trouble. 

I mean, this is Iowa City we're talking about after all--shouldn't be that hard to avoid shooting yourself in the foot...

This comment doesn't have a leg to stand on

Cael tried to help Long. KJ did as well. Different school, maybe different results? At least that is what is hoped for.

No matter the effort, not all who are offered a chance are successful with it. Long blew it every time, not just with these two coaches.

Does not mean we stop trying.

The Strittmatter pipeline to Iowa is just getting stupid.  If Iowa doesn't pull it off, can we start seeing our great state talent go somewhere that could actually knock off PSU someday?  A place like NC State?  Half the distance as Iowa and better weather.

2 hours ago, Boompa said:

The Strittmatter pipeline to Iowa is just getting stupid.  If Iowa doesn't pull it off, can we start seeing our great state talent go somewhere that could actually knock off PSU someday?  A place like NC State?  Half the distance as Iowa and better weather.

Seriously?  How many Young Guns have wrestled at Iowa so far?  For how long?

The answer?  4 and all have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining.  That sure is a HUGE sample size to say it is "stupid" and not team productive.

1.) Spencer Lee-1,1,?,?

2.)Kemerer-3,4,?,?

3.)Young-DNQ,5,?,?

4.)Murin-R12,?,?,?

Of the above 4, only Lee and Kemerer were inside the top 25(Young was 25 on the button) in their respective class rankings.  Max Murin was #44.

But, don't let actual statistics get in the way of your agenda....................

17 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Seriously?  How many Young Guns have wrestled at Iowa so far?  For how long?

The answer?  4 and all have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining.  That sure is a HUGE sample size to say it is "stupid" and not team productive.

1.) Spencer Lee-1,1,?,?

2.)Kemerer-3,4,?,?

3.)Young-DNQ,5,?,?

4.)Murin-R12,?,?,?

Of the above 4, only Lee and Kemerer were inside the top 25(Young was 25 on the button) in their respective class rankings.  Max Murin was #44.

But, don't let actual statistics get in the way of your agenda....................

While I’m not sure I agree with his entire post, I think his point about the Young Guns pipeline is valid. He didn’t say it’s been going on for a long time and I actually think it’s even more impressive that they are all so recent. They may actually have 4 or 5 guys from the same wrestling club in their starting line up next year. That’s crazy!

9 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

While I’m not sure I agree with his entire post, I think his point about the Young Guns pipeline is valid. He didn’t say it’s been going on for a long time and I actually think it’s even more impressive that they are all so recent. They may actually have 4 or 5 guys from the same wrestling club in their starting line up next year. That’s crazy!

Then I am not sure you understand his point and mine.  His POINT is that Young Guns is being WASTED at Iowa.  There is next to NO data to support that.  The ONLY team that could have beat PSU over the past 3 years with ALL of the Iowa rostered Young Guns is tOSU and that is assuming that the 4 do at least as well as they have done  and that is NO guarantee.

As far as the amount goes, that is a GOOD thing for Iowa AND Young Guns.  Lee is on pace to be a 4x Finalist, Kemerer a 4x AA,  Young a 3x AA, with Murin on the fringe and Teasdale having 4 possible years of a 2nd chance.  If Murin and Teasdale AA a couple of times and the other 3 finish as expected, that is MORE than anyone could rightly have expected from that group.

43 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Then I am not sure you understand his point and mine.  His POINT is that Young Guns is being WASTED at Iowa.  There is next to NO data to support that.  The ONLY team that could have beat PSU over the past 3 years with ALL of the Iowa rostered Young Guns is tOSU and that is assuming that the 4 do at least as well as they have done  and that is NO guarantee.

As far as the amount goes, that is a GOOD thing for Iowa AND Young Guns.  Lee is on pace to be a 4x Finalist, Kemerer a 4x AA,  Young a 3x AA, with Murin on the fringe and Teasdale having 4 possible years of a 2nd chance.  If Murin and Teasdale AA a couple of times and the other 3 finish as expected, that is MORE than anyone could rightly have expected from that group.

I don't see where he said its being wasted. What he implied is that IF they don't win THEN one could say its being wasted. The IF/THEN proposition is important to the context of his post. Carry on with your own agenda. 

Btw, I loved Flo's "Walk With Kemerer" interview where Mike basically describes Strittmatter pushing him towards Iowa. 

A little creative team switching over the past 3 seasons using all Iowa rostered Young Guns results:

2019:  Lee went as a true sophomore.  Kemerer missed the season due to injury.  Young went as a RS SO.  Murin went as a RS FR.

PSU- 137.5

tOSU-96.5+24(Lee outscored Malik by 24)+11.5(Young outscored Hayes by 11.5)=132  THEY STILL LOSE!

OkState still loses by more than 30 pts.

Michigan loses by more than 40 pts.

Missouri loses by 39 pts.

2018:  Lee went as a true freshman.  Kemerer was a RSSo.  Young filled in at 174.  Murin redshirted as a TF.

PSU-141.5

tOSU-134.5 +7.5(Lee outscored NaTo by 7.5)+2.5(Kemerer outscored Jordan by 3.5)-144.5  tOSU WINS BY 4.

Michigan-80 gains 23.5 from Lee over Mattin and 5.5 from Kemerer over Pantaleo.  They still lose by 33.

NCState 80 gains 26 from Lee over Fausz and 16.5 from Kemerer.  They still lose by 19.

Missouri loses by over 40......

2017: Kemerer is the only Young Gun starter.  Young redshirted as a TF.

PSU-146.5

tOSU-110

OkState-103

Missouri-86

NONE OF these teams SNIFF PSU

Just now, TBar1977 said:

I don't see where he said its being wasted. What he implied is that IF they don't win THEN one could say its being wasted. The IF/THEN proposition is important to the context of his post. Carry on with your own agenda. 

Btw, I loved Flo's "Walk With Kemerer" interview where Mike basically describes Strittmatter pushing him towards Iowa. 

Not true.  Look at my last post.  NOONE besides tOSU has been ANYWHERE positioned to beat PSU over the Young Guns at Iowa timeframe and NOONE would be better positioned this season if they traded.....but go ahead and be your usual PSU blow hard self......

40 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Please explain to me what his very first sentence means then......

29 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Please explain to me what his very first sentence means then......

"The Strittmatter pipeline to Iowa is just getting stupid. "

Ok, since you are slow on the uptake. The word "stupid", in this context, does not mean "wasted". It is actually a compliment to just how good that talent is i.e. "stupid good". Now he didn't say "stupid good", he just said "stupid", but the meaning was self evident. But carry on. 

P.S. I thought your urban dictionary skills were mo betta. 

Edited by TBar1977

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

"The Strittmatter pipeline to Iowa is just getting stupid. "

Ok, since you are slow on the uptake. The word "stupid", in this context, does not mean "wasted". It is actually a compliment to just how good that talent is i.e. "stupid good". Now he didn't say "stupid good", he just said "stupid", but the meaning was self evident. But carry on. 

P.S. I thought your urban dictionary skills were mo betta. 

I am well aware of that usage. HOWEVER, his WHOLE message leans towards it being taken LITERALLY.  He isn’t known as a poster pro Iowa and he immediately calls for the talent to go elsewhere. 

Either way arguing with you is a waste of time. Hopefully he will actually jump in and  confirm it was an Iowa troll job.