Plasmodium

Any of you Penn Staters know this guy?

Was reading about this elsewhere. I think all we need to know about the guy is in another article (maybe this one too, didn’t read it) he has no children but has a lot of commentary on how parents should be raising their children. 

Nuff said. 

PS- Let’s not turn this into a thing where we act like this guy represents the mindsets of majority of PSU fans. 

Edited by Lurker

52 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Was reading about this elsewhere. I think all we need to know about the guy is in another article (maybe this one too, didn’t read it) he has no children but has a lot of commentary on how parents should be raising their children. 

Nuff said. 

PS- Let’s not turn this into a thing where we act like this guy represents the mindsets of majority of PSU fans. 

Kind of like Celibate Priests and Nuns doing marriage counseling?

10 minutes ago, CoachWrestling said:

Penn State wrestling has a lot of "get off my lawn" types. The kind of guys who like to spoil any and all fun, even if it is harmless. This comes as no surprise.

I think you have it backwards. Penn State is all about fun. 

That kook is the exception to the rule. Weird people exist everywhere.

9 hours ago, CoachWrestling said:

Penn State wrestling has a lot of "get off my lawn" types. The kind of guys who like to spoil any and all fun, even if it is harmless. This comes as no surprise.

Yep, so does Iowa, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Fresno State, Brown, St. Cloud State, Grand Valley, Seton Hill, Clackamas Community College, Wisconsin-Eau Claire, Sacred Heart, John Carroll, and every other college team as well as every town in America. You haven't described something unique to Penn State.

I wonder how he feels about Mark Hall’s tattoos. 

I barely wanted to respond. Don’t want to feed the beast. The guy suffers from a lot of self-importance. He’s needy. Wants attention from the players. The media. 

On 10/8/2019 at 5:15 PM, Lurker said:

Nuff said. 

Eh, when you are shelling out that kind of tax money, and we have so many people on public assistance and failing education, I think he should get an opinion on the current state of things when he is paying out more than 99% of us.  When you are paying for dinner, your opinion on what gets served should be warranted

19 minutes ago, olddirty said:

Eh, when you are shelling out that kind of tax money, and we have so many people on public assistance and failing education, I think he should get an opinion on the current state of things when he is paying out more than 99% of us.  When you are paying for dinner, your opinion on what gets served should be warranted

Everyone can have their opinion, not saying that he can't.  He has a right to it.  He also has the right to make himself look like and idiot.  In this case, and in the case that parents should not be allowed to take their children out to restaurants etc,  he has done a good job of that.

30 minutes ago, olddirty said:

As a speech pathologist, he likely wasn’t paying enough in taxes to have the whole “I pay for your welfare” mentality. Definitely wasn’t a 1 percenter as you imply. And donating Penn State doesn’t give him the right to send harassing letters to the athletes. 

On 10/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, scribe said:

He’s got strong and frequently dumb opinions. At least going by the article. But racism is a bit of a stretch. His comments about Muslims do venture into that territory though. 

"I would just like to see the coaches get the guys cleaned up and not looking like Florida State and Miami guys."

You don't have to work hard to figure that one out. Do you seriously think he would send the same letter to Trevor Lawrence for his long hair?

This guy sounds like a miserable human being.

18 hours ago, uncle bernard said:

"I would just like to see the coaches get the guys cleaned up and not looking like Florida State and Miami guys."

You don't have to work hard to figure that one out. Do you seriously think he would send the same letter to Trevor Lawrence for his long hair?

This guy sounds like a miserable human being.

Edited by KTG119

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Everyone can have their opinion, not saying that he can't.  He has a right to it.  He also has the right to make himself look like and idiot.  In this case, and in the case that parents should not be allowed to take their children out to restaurants etc,  he has done a good job of that.

Agree with the idiot part, disagree with the children to restaurants part.  Total bummer when Im out at a restaurant to treat myself and my girl after a long week of hard work, and Im paying good money to have kids running around and screaming.  I agree with him.  If you cant control your kids in a restaurant, dont bring them.  It ruins it for everyone else.  Unpopular opinion because most people are parents. 

20 minutes ago, olddirty said:

Agree with the idiot part, disagree with the children to restaurants part.  Total bummer when Im out at a restaurant to treat myself and my girl after a long week of hard work, and Im paying good money to have kids running around and screaming.  I agree with him.  If you cant control your kids in a restaurant, dont bring them.  It ruins it for everyone else.  Unpopular opinion because most people are parents. 

I've never/rarely seen kids running around screaming at nice restaurants on a friday/sat night, where you'd generally go on a date.  But obviously many restaurants are kid-friendly and it's perfectly ok for them to be there making noise.