spladle08

Continental Cup Khasavjurt, Russia

Honestly it seems as if this entire ordeal is a sore for IMart.  I give him a mulligan.

Up a weight class means he probably wasn't able to cut or hydrate or eat properly after he lost his luggage.  I'm sure that stress was a lot on him.

Wow. Imart gets teched? Wasn’t expecting that one. Any clue how the match went? 
Yeah im hoping some videos emerge...or at least a detailed write-up...im nearing the end of a 12 hour drive. College football and result hunting soon.

This was in Twitter from Illini RTC, Update from Dagestan: @Imar165 moves up a weight but still punches his ticket to the final with a 12-2 tech-fall.  He was 3-0 on the day and wrestles the #9 guy in the world tomorrow afternoon in the finals.

This is from Coach Guerrero on Twitter: Frank to the finals of the Shamil Umakhanov Intercontinental Cup! Khasavyurt, Dagestan.

Still looking for additional information on how our other guys did. 

2 hours ago, de4856 said:

This was in Twitter from Illini RTC, Update from Dagestan: @Imar165 moves up a weight but still punches his ticket to the final with a 12-2 tech-fall.  He was 3-0 on the day and wrestles the #9 guy in the world tomorrow afternoon in the finals.

So the previously reported result is the reverse of what actually happened... no wonder. I was expecting Imart to take it all. 

I'd still have given him a mulligan fwiw. Him being up a weight and after that ordeal with the airport(s)-he did nearly miss his flight too.

Now that being said, does anyone thing it may be political him going up?  Not wanting to let Mekhi get a feel for him before Trials?

From Twitter: We went into the lions den and came back with more than we showed up with.  Congrats to @Gorillahulk149 on his championship finals appearance. We will get there. #Dagestan #Process2020 @USAWrestling @wrestdag @Ariptv @wrestling. GHulk got the Silver medal. And according to Seth Petra, so did IMar. 

Edited by de4856
Additional info

How would Frank do at 74? I'd wager better than expected(most would say he'd chump it up).

I imagine he still cuts quite a bit for 70.

IMart relies on physicality. He won't get away with that at 79kg as much as he can at 74kg.

I also am curious how much of a factor traveling opposite sides of the planet 3 days before the tournament had. We saw how it negatively affected Juniors.

How would Frank do at 74? I'd wager better than expected(most would say he'd chump it up)..

Yeah Frank is a 65kg... he kind of got away with 70kg but wasnt world class. Def to small for 74kg.... all about body type and at 5'5 overall your options are limited

48 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

Yeah Frank is a 65kg... he kind of got away with 70kg but wasnt world class. Def to small for 74kg.... all about body type and at 5'5 overall your options are limited

I agree entirely.

I do think he could potentially knock off a challenger or two. Someone like Gantt or Valencia or something. Loses to IMart or Nolf or Burroughs or even Green at 74 every time though.

48 minutes ago, spladle08 said:

I talked to frank in person at a hokie open. Super nice guy. I’m 5’8” and felt quite a bit taller than him which shocked me. Agree anything above 65, he’d get horsed around by top tier guys