spladle08

Continental Cup Khasavjurt, Russia

I talked to frank in person at a hokie open. Super nice guy. I’m 5’8” and felt quite a bit taller than him which shocked me. Agree anything above 65, he’d get horsed around by top tier guys
More than the horsepower. When guys can match your strength and are that much longer than you, everything else becomes more difficult.

6 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Here’s the Imart finals match: 

I feel better after watching that. He got his ass handed to him, no doubt about it, but it was mainly because he got turned like a top with ease once his TD attempt got countered.  

Yeah, Sanakoev is no joke. If I recall correctly, he gave Burroughs a very tough match but lost at the buzzer (or fairly close) when JB was on his undefeated streak. 

Just love how Sankoev gets on top and almost wills those turns.

14 hours ago, 2td3nf said:

Yeah, Sanakoev is no joke. If I recall correctly, he gave Burroughs a very tough match but lost at the buzzer (or fairly close) when JB was on his undefeated streak. 

Just love how Sankoev gets on top and almost wills those turns.

wow...i thought Martinez win. many NCAA superstars couldn't defend against "easy move" as gut wrench! bad!

23 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I feel better after watching that. He got his ass handed to him, no doubt about it, but it was mainly because he got turned like a top with ease once his TD attempt got countered.  

i don't understand why you would feel better about him having atrocious par terre defense... 

9 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Because I already knew that, so he didn’t get worse. Not a head concept to get. 

so, you feel better about him not improving in the one aspect of real wrestling that can end your match quickly after a sloppy shot?

that is a head concept i do not understand at all...

but, whatever...

When someone beats JB and shows dramatic improvement, you become hopeful he will continue that trajectory and it wasn’t a fluke. When he then gets blanked and teched shortly thereafter by a guy he is expected to beat or wrestle close, you get second thoughts and wonder if it was a fluke. When you watch the match and realize that he got teched largely due to getting his big weakness exploited, you are justified in feeling better. It’s not likely Imart got worse but rather, that he has a huge hole we all knew about. JB doesn’t have the top game to exploit it so it didn’t hurt as badly in that series. 

How that’s not obvious is beyond me but there, all spelled out for you. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

he got teched because he could not move his opponent in the ties, took sloppy shots, and has no par terre defense... 

WHEW!!!!  nice to know he still gots it!!!

no doubt dake watched that match and is getting nervous...

i do love these head concepts...

4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

OK. You’re right. That match proves Imart sucks and shouldn’t be a threat to anyone going forward. You win!!

don't let me rain on your parade...

feel free to keep feeling better about your guy using your head concepts... you got a solid 6 months to keep fooling yourself... take full advantage of it...