Wow is right.

Just speculation, but does this mean J'den is bumping up to 97?

Either way, where ever J'den goes this still seems like a cool move and I'm sure Kyle will benefit greatly in the NLWC room.

I don't see this having anything to do with Cox, or anyone in the US.  And as far as Cassar and Snyder this is good for both.  For Cassar because he picks up Snyder for a training partner, and for Snyder because Cassar has the athleticism and movement more like Sadulaev than anyone in Columbus.  Not saying they are on the same level or anything, but Cassar gets closer in that area than anyone at OSU I believe.

I wonder what this will do to the ORTC and the overall Buckeye program now.  Will Kerkvliet stay?  Moore?  MyMar? Future recruits?  

We all know that in this sport, a single individual can make or break a program. 

3 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I wonder what this will do to the ORTC and the overall Buckeye program now.  Will Kerkvliet stay?  Moore?  MyMar? Future recruits?  

We all know that in this sport, a single individual can make or break a program. 

All those guys go to Iowa now from what I hear :) 

I really think this is a good move for Snyder. It seems like he has stalled out a lil and needs this change. Right now, I take Jden if he goes 97 next year, which I wouldve never imagined picking a couple years ago. 

Edited by russelscout

22 minutes ago, 2td3nf said:

Wow is right.

Just speculation, but does this mean J'den is bumping up to 97?

Either way, where ever J'den goes this still seems like a cool move and I'm sure Kyle will benefit greatly in the NLWC room.

So many people on this board are assholes and I'm not trying to be that at all or sarcastic or snarky. But, i'm just wondering what Snyder's move to Penn State has to do with affecting what J'den does next year? I might be missing something which is probably the case.

1 minute ago, jon said:

Suppose Snyder won gold last month -- y'think he'd have stayed put?

I don't. I think he looks at the last three years, a dip each year, and feels he needs to change it up in an Olympic year.  Only he and maybe a couple others really know but that would be my guess.

Well, I believe that this is a good move, he probably realizes that he is headed for a showdown with J’Den, so he needs to wrestle people that can create the situations that J’den will create. I also like the idea of getting some new training partners and getting some new perspectives. 

Well, I believe that this is a good move, he probably realizes that he is headed for a showdown with J’Den, so he needs to wrestle people that can create the situations that J’den will create. I also like the idea of getting some new training partners and getting some new perspectives. 
Maybe if he really wants to win he will convert to Islam.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

So many people on this board are assholes and I'm not trying to be that at all or sarcastic or snarky. But, i'm just wondering what Snyder's move to Penn State has to do with affecting what J'den does next year? I might be missing something which is probably the case.

A running theme on the board is that Cox is the "Lion Slayer," due to his wins over McIntosh, Taylor, and Nickal. Moving to the NLWC makes Snyder a "Lion" now. 

I know it's a joke, but in no way would that influence J'den's decision. He will do whatever he wants regardless of outside influence.

1 minute ago, yonz_g said:

A running theme on the board is that Cox is the "Lion Slayer," due to his wins over McIntosh, Taylor, and Nickal. Moving to the NLWC makes Snyder a "Lion" now. 

I know it's a joke, but in no way would that influence J'den's decision. He will do whatever he wants regardless of outside influence.

Thanks. Man I have never heard that.

9 minutes ago, ConnorsDad said:

IMO, not a chance unless it had already been in the works before worlds.

I heard rumors of a move before worlds. I believe his wife is a grad student in PA somewhere. I heard he was looking at Penn with Slay initially.

Looks to be smart move for Snyder. Gets to roll with Taylor, Cassar, and Bo and will get to hear perspectives from Varner and Sanderson....seems like a match made in heaven. 

IMO I don't think this has anything to do with Cox and everything to do with improving partners and coaches......

15 minutes ago, MrDream said:

Looks to be smart move for Snyder. Gets to roll with Taylor, Cassar, and Bo and will get to hear perspectives from Varner and Sanderson....seems like a match made in heaven. 

IMO I don't think this has anything to do with Cox and everything to do with improving partners and coaches......

Agreed.  Although I would say not so much improvement as different...new ideas and as you said perspectives.  Don't forget Cunningham too.  Great strategist and programmer.