Going back to, you know, Kyle Snyder - here's an interview Andy Hamilton did with Coach Ryan:

https://www.trackwrestling.com/PortalPost.jsp?TIM=1571100964938&twSessionId=ihpalpvtla&postId=1689960132&fbclid=IwAR11kqpmACA7KQtbi4pSka1-kPKzbNmeVPf2z8H0-WuYC9PYryfsBGZonXU

Great read, Ryan forthright while at the same time gracious. 

I like to mock Tom Ryan because he thinks evolution can't turn a cat into a dog, but he is a remarkable coach.  We sat behind tOSU in Vegas for worlds and he is personally very close to the wrestlers.  That is rare for college coaches. 

He developed into a 2 time World Champ, Olympic Gold and beat Sadulaiv all at Ohio State..  So if he can go back and win one Gold at NLWC RTC, does that make Penn State better than Ohio State RTC?

Edited by pennsyrules

2 hours ago, pennsyrules said:

He developed into a 2 time World Champ, Olympic Gold and beat Sadulaiv all at Ohio State..  So if he can go back and win one Gold at NLWC RTC, does that make Penn State better than Ohio State RTC?

Penn State is better than Ohio RTC because they have Retherford, Taylor, and Snyder.  Ohio RTC now has less talent that at any time since it was started and they recruited Bunch/Tervel.  Unless they take a page from Michigan, they might not have anybody wrestling at worlds for a while.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

13 hours ago, TBar1977 said:

OK, so when I point out that China DOES manufacture prescription drugs and DOES supply the components for drugs manufactured here and that the FDA does not have enough inspectors to keep tight controls over these processes your response changes to "So what? It's easy."

I think you are missing the point. 

Our founding fathers were unvaccinated and they were really stupid. check mate, tbar.

You better lay of the sauce, bernie. They only have so many stents they can give you. 
Tbar, it's a no win situation arguing against big pharma and over vaccinations.

There's probably 30 million unvaccinated people living in our country (illegalls, Amish, Hacidic Jews, etc.) with little or no problems with imaginary diseases.

I remember eating government supplied flouride tablets in elementary school. You know, for my teeth.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Tbar, it's a no win situation arguing against big pharma and over vaccinations.

There's probably 30 million unvaccinated people living in our country (illegalls, Amish, Hacidic Jews, etc.) with little or no problems with imaginary diseases.

I remember eating government supplied flouride tablets in elementary school. You know, for my teeth.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I am not arguing for or against vaccinations. Personally, I have all of my vaccinations. I am merely commenting that the Worldwide Pharma Industry is in an extremely risky state given most things we put in our bodies in pill form come from India and China. Our FDA has too few personnel in these places, and China, a country gladly willing to spill blood of their own citizens to maintain a tight grip on them, decides when and when not they can inspect their plants. Add in the lax supervision over compounds brought into North America that are placed into meds here and it is even worse. 

I am simply saying that I understand the caution others proceed with. It isn't exactly unwarranted. People that talk like there is absolutely no reason to have any concern about what is inside your pill bottles are irresponsible imo. 

I haven't even addressed pure counterfeit drugs which may account for as much as 10 percent of the Worldwide Pharma market supply. Needless to say, anyone suggesting that if you purchase something that what is on the label is guaranteed to be in the bottle, well that is simply reckless and uneducated. 

Edited by TBar1977

13 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

I like to mock Tom Ryan because he thinks evolution can't turn a cat into a dog, but he is a remarkable coach.  We sat behind tOSU in Vegas for worlds and he is personally very close to the wrestlers.  That is rare for college coaches. 

I like to mock plasmodium because he thinks that mocking people for not believing what he believes is a reason to mock them.  Disregard the fact that its all theory... and faith... just like religion.  

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/09/darwin-evolution-crispr-microbiome-bacteria-news/#close

Those that live on theoretical houses should not throw hyperbole.

7 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I like to mock plasmodium because he thinks that mocking people for not believing what he believes is a reason to mock them.  Disregard the fact that its all theory... and faith... just like religion.  

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2018/09/darwin-evolution-crispr-microbiome-bacteria-news/#close

Atheists want to remove religion from schools, but are happy to keep atheism in schools. They love to lie about that intention, but people can see thru it. What are they afraid of? That the religious are right, or just that the arguments for religion are better? Why can't atheists just co exist with the religious minded? Why do they feel the need to destroy both them and their Christianity? 

When Russia, having long run religion out of open society, had their backs against the wall in WW2 they temporarily allowed Christianity to come back into day to day life for Russians. It was the only way they could boost morale to fight off the Nazi's. 

29 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Did you read the article you linked? It literally explains how modern science has strengthened and filled in the gaps of Darwin's theory. 

Just a brutal self-own, but thanks for the chuckle.

Edited by uncle bernard

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Atheists want to remove religion from schools, but are happy to keep atheism in schools. They love to lie about that intention, but people can see thru it. What are they afraid of? That the religious are right, or just that the arguments for religion are better? Why can't atheists just co exist with the religious minded? Why do they feel the need to destroy both them and their Christianity? 

When Russia, having long run religion out of open society, had their backs against the wall in WW2 they temporarily allowed Christianity to come back into day to day life for Russians. It was the only way they could boost morale to fight off the Nazi's. 

unhinged. "atheism" isn't taught in school. evolution is not atheism. it's a scientific explanation of a natural phenomena that has nothing to do with the origins of life on earth or whether god exists. all it does is explain how species change over time.

there are plenty of christians that accept its reality. evolution stands at the foundation of modern medicine which is why it is, and should be, taught in science class. do you want future doctors to not understand the science behind the medicine and technology they use? should kids be shielded from perhaps the most famous scientific discovery in human history so that their parents' feelings aren't hurt? sounds like you need a safe space.

do you seriously believe christians are persecuted in this country? almost every legislator in this country is a professed christian. every president in history has been a christian other than our current one maybe. i'm genuinely curious. who do you feel is attacking you and what are those attacks? starbucks not putting santa on their holiday cups? just the phrase "happy holidays?" as a christian, i'm constantly confused when other christians claim to be under attack.

12 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Did you read the article you linked? It literally explains how modern science has strengthened and filled in the gaps of Darwin's theory. 

Darwin's Theory of How Man Evolved from Ape in Action

article-1071289-02ED05FB00000578-594_468x377.jpg

View image on Twitter

7 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

Looks like a guy who knows how to have a good time with his friends. I can see why that would upset you. 

Don't be so confused, you were just drunk off your a**. W ait, you are basically naked in that picture, so you were drunk ON your a**. It is understandable, U.S.S.R. 1980 was a place where you had to be drunk to tolerate the suppression and soviet control. 

Edited by TBar1977

Why do the people of Panama hate you so much, Uncle Bernie? Perhaps you could find out by reading this.

Senator Bernie Sanders, however, has a markedly different take on the matter. He took the opportunity to say that he would continue to support negotiations between the “Maduro Government and the opposition.” He goes on to criticize the history of US foreign policy in Latin America and cites unnamed Venezuelan activists who oppose sanctions against individuals in Maduro’s narco-regime.

While to the casual reader this may not seem explicitly supportive of Maduro’s tyranny, a close assessment reveals that it is, in fact, a vocalization of support for Maduro. By using the word “Maduro Government” he endorses the legitimacy of the usurpation and elevates to the status of a government what is, in reality, a criminal enterprise that has murdered tens of thousands and driven millions from their homes. He undermines the attempts of the Venezuelan people to avail themselves of constitutional means to re-establish the rule of law. The unnamed activists he cites? Almost certainly members of Maduro’s criminal organization, the PSUV, seeking to deflect blame for the economic crisis.

The real blame for the economic crisis lies squarely on the shoulders of the economic policies of Chavismo, including mass expropriations of private property, currency controls that resulted in effective tax rates of 70% of gross export revenues, nationalization of vast swaths of the private economy, and rampant corruption that is an inevitable feature of the centralization of economic power. Those who deny this shocking reality are either dumb or dishonest. That Bernie Sanders chooses to quote unnamed sources blaming the crisis on sanctions reveals a deplorable level of intellectual rigor.

One cannot credibly express a belief that Maduro is a legitimate world leader, that the constitutional efforts of the country’s citizens to eject him from power are illegitimate, and then claim to “not support” him. Especially not when one has a vile history of support for left-wing totalitarianism–which is the case with Bernie Sanders.

https://panampost.com/editor/2019/08/07/bernie-sanders-enemy-venezuelan-american/?cn-reloaded=1

Free people should reject your politics like they reject the plague. 

31 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Religion did not magically drive morale. It ended the persecution to allow the masses to be united under one patriotic cause; the fight for the fatherland. Are you really trying to argue that religion won the war for the Russians? Thats crazy.

53 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Fundamentalist Christians want to treat their religion as a hard science, but you just can't. Show me evidence supporting Christianity and I will allow it in school science classes. I will remind you, an inability to disprove does not prove. There is plenty of evidence of common decent in biology. Lets keep science a science please

You want to teach what Christianity is in the social sciences? I am fine with that. Its pretty relevant to the human experience up to now, but then you better be teaching different forms of philosophy as a code to live by. There has been tons of different schools of thought here, why only teach one? I can't help but notice you are not advocating for Hinduism, Buddhism, Athiesm, or anything else. Why? Ahhhh, because you and the rest of the cult are intolerant of any other religion other than your own. 

27 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Why do the people of Panama hate you so much, Uncle Bernie? Perhaps you could find out by reading this.

Senator Bernie Sanders, however, has a markedly different take on the matter. He took the opportunity to say that he would continue to support negotiations between the “Maduro Government and the opposition.” He goes on to criticize the history of US foreign policy in Latin America and cites unnamed Venezuelan activists who oppose sanctions against individuals in Maduro’s narco-regime.

While to the casual reader this may not seem explicitly supportive of Maduro’s tyranny, a close assessment reveals that it is, in fact, a vocalization of support for Maduro. By using the word “Maduro Government” he endorses the legitimacy of the usurpation and elevates to the status of a government what is, in reality, a criminal enterprise that has murdered tens of thousands and driven millions from their homes. He undermines the attempts of the Venezuelan people to avail themselves of constitutional means to re-establish the rule of law. The unnamed activists he cites? Almost certainly members of Maduro’s criminal organization, the PSUV, seeking to deflect blame for the economic crisis.

The real blame for the economic crisis lies squarely on the shoulders of the economic policies of Chavismo, including mass expropriations of private property, currency controls that resulted in effective tax rates of 70% of gross export revenues, nationalization of vast swaths of the private economy, and rampant corruption that is an inevitable feature of the centralization of economic power. Those who deny this shocking reality are either dumb or dishonest. That Bernie Sanders chooses to quote unnamed sources blaming the crisis on sanctions reveals a deplorable level of intellectual rigor.

One cannot credibly express a belief that Maduro is a legitimate world leader, that the constitutional efforts of the country’s citizens to eject him from power are illegitimate, and then claim to “not support” him. Especially not when one has a vile history of support for left-wing totalitarianism–which is the case with Bernie Sanders.

https://panampost.com/editor/2019/08/07/bernie-sanders-enemy-venezuelan-american/?cn-reloaded=1

Free people should reject your politics like they reject the plague. 

This is an opinion piece, not news. Tell me tbar, why should people take Dr. Varners word for anything other than medical advice?

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Religion did not magically drive morale. It ended the persecution to allow the masses to be united under one patriotic cause; the fight for the fatherland. Are you really trying to argue that religion won the war for the Russians? Thats crazy.

I didn't say or even imply religion "won the war" for the Russians, I said it boosted their morale which played a large part in their then renewed national enthusiam. Stalin himself made changes to Soviet law and culture during the time, too bad mainly for his own purposes. You may argue with the source material here, but I think most of the facts cited herein are basically historical record.

https://cruxnow.com/church/2016/05/14/how-even-stalin-once-benefited-from-religious-freedom/

5 minutes ago, russelscout said:

This is an opinion piece, not news. Tell me tbar, why should people take Dr. Varners word for anything other than medical advice?

Well aware that it is his opinion. You are free to accept or reject it because you live free in the United State of America. 

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I didn't say or even imply religion "won the war" for the Russians, I said it boosted their morale which played a large part in their then renewed national enthusiam. Stalin himself made changes to Soviet law and culture during the time, too bad mainly for his own purposes. You may argue with the source material here, but I think most of the facts cited herein are basically historical record.

https://cruxnow.com/church/2016/05/14/how-even-stalin-once-benefited-from-religious-freedom/

I know the history there. I just thought it was strange the way you argued this, as if when the chips were down and their back was against the wall,  Stalin resorted to ole trusty Christianity and they won the war. Thats not really what happened nor was it the reason for temporarily releasing the restrictions.  If thats not what you were arguing to at least some degree, I don't understand why you would even bring it up.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I know the history there. I just thought it was strange the way you argued this, as if when the chips were down and their back was against the wall,  Stalin resorted to ole trusty Christianity and they won the war. Thats not really what happened nor was it the reason for temporarily releasing the restrictions.  If thats not what you were arguing to at least some degree, I don't understand why you would even bring it up.

I thought the meaning was obvious. The Soviet leadership needed morale to be boosted. They wanted support of the downtrodden Russian people. The timing of the release of religious restrictions coming in 1941 is not coincidental to those self serving war time goals. 

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Well aware that it is his opinion. You are free to accept or reject it because you live free in the United State of America. 

I know, but don't you think its strange to bring up an opinion piece by someone to refute someone elses opinion; especially when this guy is not someone who normally rights political op-eds? I mean he normally writes articles on veto, intermittent fasting and diet apps. Your and my opinion are just as valuable as his. 

9 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

I thought the meaning was obvious. The Soviet leadership needed morale to be boosted. They wanted support of the downtrodden Russian people. The timing of the release of religious restrictions coming in 1941 is not coincidental to those self serving war time goals. 

They also brought back the use of imagery from the napoleonic wars. It doesnt mean the release of restrictions on recognizing the former monarchy was some magic pill. Could it be that nationalism became more important than secularism in this time of crisis?

7 minutes ago, russelscout said:

I know, but don't you think its strange to bring up an opinion piece by someone to refute someone elses opinion; especially when this guy is not someone who normally rights political op-eds? I mean he normally writes articles on veto, intermittent fasting and diet apps. Your and my opinion are just as valuable as his. 

Does it matter when I can easily post the opinions of hundreds of others who share his view. I could post Op eds from liberal publications like the WaPo that agree with the man. Maduro's socialist regime is oppressive. His people are literally starving. They are fleeing the country. Venezuela's neighbors condemn that regime. Bernie Sanders actively supported Maduro for years and his predecessor, Chavez, for years before that. Chavez being the man who first brought this torment to Venezuela. And Chavez' confiscation policies sound a lot like Sanders' policies when you come right down to it. 

So no, I don't find it odd at all. Bernie openly states he wants to confiscate wealth. His policies have failed elsewhere and I think it is important to point that out. Feel free to reject that idea, you are able to do so because you live free in America. For now at least. 

What’s far worse than nonsense is for Mr. Sanders to pretend that he hasn’t been a long-time backer of Venezuela’s socialist rulers. Mr. Sanders recently attracted criticism from Democrats for refusing to call Venezuelan strongman Nicolas Maduro the dictator that he is. It’s just the latest episode in an appalling history.

In January of 2003 Mr. Sanders signed a letter of support for Maduro predecessor Hugo Chavez. That month a Reuters report described what was happening in the country:

Venezuelan troops fired tear gas on Sunday to drive back tens of thousands of anti-government protesters as President Hugo Chavez ordered a crackdown against a six-week-old opposition strike that is bleeding the economy...
He condemned his opponents as “fascists and coup mongers” and described them as desperate. “They don’t know what to do next,” said Chavez, who survived a brief coup in April. He himself attempted a botched coup bid in 1992.
Chavez, who has already sacked 2,000 striking state oil employees, repeated threats to send troops to take over private factories and warehouses if they hoarded food supplies.
He also threatened to revoke the broadcasting licenses of private TV stations that criticize his rule, describing their hostile programming as “worse than an atomic bomb.”

That same month the Journal’s Mary Anastasia O’Grady noted “property confiscation at gunpoint, politically motivated arrests and state-sponsored gang violence” in Venezuela. She wrote prophetically:

Economic neanderthals are forever breaking eggs in search of the elusive egalitarian omelet, but if Mr. Chavez’s aggression against his people continues unrestrained the poor will get poorer, Venezuela’s natural environment will be trashed and even minimal human-rights protection will become a dim memory.
Mr. Chavez’s brigades appear to be caught up in the adrenaline rush that confiscatory power produces. The military general who chugged the Coca-Cola in front of the bottling plant his troops had raided and then burped for the cameras is a case in point. So is the National Guardsman who, in the same locale, viciously threw an unarmed woman to the pavement, rendering her unconscious...
Among the more disturbing cases is that of 24-year-old university student Jesus Soriano. Mr. Soriano was illegally detained by Venezuela’s secret police, known by its Spanish initials Disip, and badly beaten. He appeared on Venezuelan television late last week, his face disfigured, barely able to speak.

Whether Mr. Sanders wants to call the humanitarian disaster he encouraged in Venezuela socialism or “democratic” socialism, the press should not allow him to escape accountability.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bernie-sanders-and-venezuela-11553109182