buckeyehomer

Kyle Snyder to Penn State

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Big question is what effect (if any) does this have on recruits?  E.g. Kerkvliet

Don't know if true, but heard over coffee & pastry this morning that Kerkvliet may remain in high school.  ;_;

11 minutes ago, Lurker said:

He didn’t say anything about coaching them. 

Shh. Let him go. What is good for PSU/NLWC is really bad for scribbles, and you know when he is really miffed when he makes it personal. It's all he's got today.

Edited by TBar1977

WOW. I can’t think of any other scenario where a senior level wrestler switching clubs/RTC’s would be this shocking. It’s not that Snyder is leaving that shocks me, it’s where he’s going. The pride and joy of tOSU’s wrestling program (sorry Logan) and RTC/club is now going to be used as a major recruiting tool for their biggest rival. And only a few months after tOSU opened their new over the top facilities no less.

I’m neither a fan nor hater of either program so no skin in the game...but yikes this must’ve been some ROUGH news for Tom Ryan. 

25 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Shh. Let him go. What is good for PSU/NLWC is really bad for scribbles, and you know when he is really miffed when he makes it personal. It's all he's got today.

I was just messin with @scribe  all good 

21 minutes ago, ionel said:

ahh ... you know something we dont know?  ;)

If you haven't figured out that scribbles doesn't like PSU  and by extension any vocal PSU fan (yours truly) then maybe I do know something you don't. 

Does this really change much for PSU? They werent missing out on talent at the upper weights. Their biggest miss in recruiting around that weight would be Gable and he didnt need a gold medalist to pull him in to Minnesota. I fail to see how this really changes anything for PSUs recruiting.

It may not add much to PSU recruiting. I do think it could have some effect on tOSU, and possibly Iowa. Maybe even OSU.  Iowa has been on an upward climb drawing recruits.  If tOSU is affected Iowa and maybe OSU could benefit from those wanting to go somewhere other than PSU.  Iowa seems to be setting the stage with their RTC, they have Gilman and you have to think Lee is going to enter the mix at some point.  OSU has Fix right now and Ringer is knocking on the door.  So I think they could maybe benefit from it a little.  Additionally, Michigan may become a consideration for some kids now too if they don't want to end up in corn country or surrounded by tumbleweeds.  

No offense to either of those.  I live right between those states :).  

The rumor is his fiancé is enrolled in grad school there. Plus let’s be honest a change of scenery is needed. He will need anything he can get because I don’t see him touching Sadulaev and needs to get by Cox also