Jimmy Cinnabon

Is Snyder to NLWC really a "betrayal"?

Some, including OK St 2x AA Kyle Crutchmer have called the move a betrayal...showing a lack of loyalty to Ohio State.  Is it really a betrayal by Snyder?

I say no.  Just because Snyder went to Ohio State and trained at the Ohio RTC doesn't mean he has a lifetime contract to stay there.  He has to do what's best for his life...sometimes a change of scenery can help improve things.

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

I’d be the first one to say I’d never thought that would happen, but sometimes have to make big decisions to get ahead in life. I don’t think we could ever blame someone for making decisions they feel are in their own best interest. If it works it works, if it doesn’t it doesn’t, that’s what life is about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Some, including OK St 2x AA Kyle Crutchmer have called the move a betrayal...showing a lack of loyalty to Ohio State.  Is it really a betrayal by Snyder?

I say no.  Just because Snyder went to Ohio State and trained at the Ohio RTC doesn't mean he has a lifetime contract to stay there.  He has to do what's best for his life...sometimes a change of scenery can help improve things.

https://kfor.com/2012/09/12/osu-wrestler-arrested-for-violent-outburst/

This Kyle Crutchmer is preaching about betrayal to a university?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Just because Snyder went to Ohio State and trained at the Ohio RTC doesn't mean he has a lifetime contract to stay there.  He has to do what's best for his life...sometimes a change of scenery can help improve things.

Folks on the forum like to make fun of your posts, but you're not wrong here. He's more than repaid his debt to tOSU, and at this point, they owe him a debt of gratitude. He is an adult and has the right to make whatever choices he feels are best for him and his family.

Does anyone think maybe that there’s a possibility the three of them in their discussions on this...Ryan and Dlagnev have thought, maybe we have reached the top of what we’re going to achieve here. Maybe these are the kinds of changes needed to get back on top. And in that he has not only their full blessings but also their agreement??  Or is that just too out of whack?

Edited by Lurker

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Does anyone think maybe that there’s a possibility the three of them in their discussions on this...Ryan and Dlagnev have thought, maybe we have reached the top of what we’re going to achieve here. Maybe these are the kinds of changes needed to get back on top. And in that he has not only their full blessings but also their agreement??  Or is that just too out of whack?

This was my initial thought.  Perhaps the coaches saw a better opportunity as far as workout partners, which is what I see

As a Buckeye fan, I'm not happy that he's choosing to leave.  As a fan of Snyder, and as a fan of Team USA bringing the best it possibly could, his logic to maximize his own capabilities and to train with a new group of people makes ALL the sense in the world. 

Betrayal only exists for those that do not understand the precious notion of individualism.  We must protect this notion at all costs.  Congrats Kyle on the move.  I hope it serves you well, and you take it to Sadulaev and Sharifov the next time you meet.

37 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Lurker, that is way to positive of a take.  We should never presume positive intentions on social media.  Only Negative ways of thinking are welcome.  So yes a positive take where everyone is understanding would be far fetched. 

(Sarcasm of course)

Yes I agree with you.  It is possible.  I think people like to look for the Negative and throw darts with a blindfold as it relates to comments.  Anyone who listens to interviews can tell that the athletes get annoyed with it.  You can hear it when they speak and will even refer to it. Snyder, Cox, JB....  All of the have referrerenced annoyance with speculation about them.  

It is perfectly reasonable to think that they all 3 talked on it and there are no hardships. 

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

I was thinking something like this was a possibility too.

Don't know if it'll happen, but would love to see Flo, Track, Ben Askren or someone interview Tom Ryan and/or Tervel on this. Would also like to hear from Cael and on top of that would really love to see some footage of the NLWC with Kyle and his new teammates in action. 

Edited by 2td3nf