headshuck

Does Tayler get a raise?

I'm assuming in addition to a new training environment, it took some serious cash to attract Kyle Snyder to the NLWC.  Is there a salary cap at the NLWC?   Will Synder make more money than Tayler since he's at the top of the ladder at his weight?  How does the payroll system work at these clubs?

3 minutes ago, headshuck said:

I'm assuming in addition to a new training environment, it took some serious cash to attract Kyle Snyder to the NLWC.  Is there a salary cap at the NLWC?   Will Synder make more money than Tayler since he's at the top of the ladder at his weight?  How does the payroll system work at these clubs?

No. I read Snyder is getting 2x what Taylor makes.  Which is justified considering Snyder has Olympic gold.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

No. I read Snyder is getting 2x what Taylor makes.  Which is justified considering Snyder has Olympic gold.

Where did you read this?  I’ve been looking for this kind of info. Can’t seem to find. 

As for the original question: just my opinion but I don’t think money was a big factor in this. I’m sure whatever the parameters are he’s at the top, but in terms of big factor in his decision...

34 minutes ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Wrestling is pretty far away from being a "major" sport in America.

Haha I know that...I would just love to see wrestling move away from secrecy.

Another interesting note-Snyder’s main sponsor-Rudis-has been completely silent about his transfer. Seems a little odd-you’d think they’d release some kind of statement of support.

6 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Haha I know that...I would just love to see wrestling move away from secrecy.

Another interesting note-Snyder’s main sponsor-Rudis-has been completely silent about his transfer. Seems a little odd-you’d think they’d release some kind of statement of support.

Why?  Is Rudis tied to Ohio State or Ohio RTC?

3 hours ago, Jon_Kozak said:

It would be cool if we could start seeing what the wrestlers are making. Contract details and endorsement deals are released in major sports. 

Why people are so fascinated by what others make is lost on me. Snyder makes a very good living doing what he's doing and that's enough for me. 

2 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

Why people are so fascinated by what others make is lost on me. Snyder makes a very good living doing what he's doing and that's enough for me. 

For years our senior level athletes weren't given the earnings they deserve. Secrecy in earnings seems to devalue the athletes. My opinion is if the earnings were made public, the wrestlers would have the ability to better negotiate their contracts based off the ones out there. You see this all the time in football, baseball, etc...the highest contract is the one that sets the new bar. 

The ability to measure the growth of the sport based on the growth of contracts and sponsorship deals would be another benefit. 

9 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

For years our senior level athletes weren't given the earnings they deserve. Secrecy in earnings seems to devalue the athletes. My opinion is if the earnings were made public, the wrestlers would have the ability to better negotiate their contracts based off the ones out there. You see this all the time in football, baseball, etc...the highest contract is the one that sets the new bar. 

The ability to measure the growth of the sport based on the growth of contracts and sponsorship deals would be another benefit. 

This is true. Because NLWC is a nonprofit, they have certain filing requirements. I wonder if athlete salaries meet the threshold to be reported in those? 

Great for Kyle. 

Can someone enter the projected 2020 weight classes for the guys below that will be in the NLWC room. Throw in Cael, Casey and Varner and you have some interesting rotating group or 4 live go’s.

1. Kyle
  2. Taylor
  3. Bo
  4. Cassar
  5. Rasheed
  6. Conel(?)
  7. Gwiz (part time) 
  8. others I missed 

1 hour ago, Billyhoyle said:

This is true. Because NLWC is a nonprofit, they have certain filing requirements. I wonder if athlete salaries meet the threshold to be reported in those? 

They don't. Only officers and key personnel. Their last filing had 1 maybe 2 persons neither of them being wrestlers.

5 hours ago, PSUMike said:

I think it’d be helpful for young/even college wrestlers to know.  Obviously they need to go to school or learn a trade too, but knowing what type of earning potential they could have competing would certainly be good to know.   Even if Snyder is “living well,” I’d guess the majority of it is coming from endorsements.