CaliWrestler

David Taylor and JB

UFC fighter Makenzie Dern had a child 4 months ago and she is fighting on tonight’s MMA card.  Doing so at her regular weight class, when she has even missed that weight in prior fights.  If she can manage to make it back in that time I’m guessing the dads can too. 

Edited by MadMardigain

29 minutes ago, Plasmodium said:

Old hat for JB

True, the best hats are the one that are old and broken in. And this one from 2012 seems it would do the trick to help him get back to his Olympic Gold  form.

20120809_100130_burroughs.jpg?w=512

But I though we were talking about babies here not his hat game? 

Edited by MadMardigain

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

UFC fighter Makenzie Dern had a child 4 months ago and she is fighting on tonight’s MMA card.  Doing so at her regular weight class. Int that she has even missed weight at for prior fights.  If she can manage to make it back in that time I’m guessing the dads can too. 

Merely making weight is not the same as competing at your peak for an Olympic Gold medal.

10 hours ago, jchapman said:

Merely making weight is not the same as competing at your peak for an Olympic Gold medal.

I’m not sure anyone goes into a UFC Fight either just trying to make weight and not worrying about being prepared at a high level.  I stand by my statement if a women who just had a baby 4 months ago can be physically ready for a high level UFC fight I don’t see why a man couldn’t figure our how to juggle their Olympic preparation and home life with a newborn.  Sure it’s not a walk in the park, but that’s why you make plan.  A newborn isn’t the only obstacle people have had to overcome to make a Olympic medal run. 

Edited by MadMardigain

If this were to affect anyone, it would be Taylor. The reason being that the trials are in April and his wife is due in April. Who knows how close to the actual trials date the baby could be born.  Physically, I don’t doubt he’ll be prepared but mentally will he be there if he’s trying to focus on the trials and in the back of his mind his wife is literally due any day?

if both win the trials, they’ll be just fine by Olympic time.

Edited by tec87

Not worried about JB since he is a seasoned father. The timing could actually be good for Taylor. Not sure when the baby is due, but trials are the beginning of April so the baby might not be here yet. Then after trials he would probably take a little break anyway. Obviously, if the baby comes early, that changes everything, but having home field advantage is huge for him. He could literally go to the hospital between rounds if he wanted to.  

36 minutes ago, Eagle26 said:

Not worried about JB since he is a seasoned father. The timing could actually be good for Taylor. Not sure when the baby is due, but trials are the beginning of April so the baby might not be here yet. Then after trials he would probably take a little break anyway. Obviously, if the baby comes early, that changes everything, but having home field advantage is huge for him. He could literally go to the hospital between rounds if he wanted to.  

Baby due in April didn’t think about home state maybe you right just thinking dam April when trials are happening 

16 hours ago, CaliWrestler said:

DT having baby in April and JB due Dec how will this effect them during Olympic Trials. I’m thinking more about DT in April? 

The weight cut will be the toughest part.

None of them have anything on Kristie Marano.  Competed while 8 months pregnant (unknown to her), took 2nd at the open, won universities and gave birth 5 days later on her own.  Cut the umbilical cord herself and then won another tournament 10 days later.  These guys have it easy. 

On 10/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, MadMardigain said:

UFC fighter Makenzie Dern had a child 4 months ago and she is fighting on tonight’s MMA card.  Doing so at her regular weight class, when she has even missed that weight in prior fights.  If she can manage to make it back in that time I’m guessing the dads can too. 

That went well.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:26 AM, TripNSweep said:

None of them have anything on Kristie Marano.  Competed while 8 months pregnant (unknown to her), took 2nd at the open, won universities and gave birth 5 days later on her own.  Cut the umbilical cord herself and then won another tournament 10 days later.  These guys have it easy. 

"Unknown to her"?

This does not make sense.