scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

3 minutes ago, klehner said:

Apparently, Tucker (and maybe Yapoujian) are the only ones on this squad who can defend their legs from neutral.  Geez, Womack!

No kidding. Darmstadt taken down, cradled, pinned in exactly 1 minute. 

Womack isn't strong enough for 174 and Darmstadt is too weak from the suckdown to 184. That's my working theory.

Edited by ugarte

4 minutes ago, ugarte said:

No kidding. Darmstadt taken down, cradled, pinned in exactly 1 minute. 

Womack isn't strong enough for 174 and Darmstadt is too weak from the suckdown to 184. That's my working theory.

Works for me.

2 minutes ago, NJDan said:

What's the reason for Darmstadt going down to 184 in the first place. He was better at 197. Is he clearing a spot for JLoew?

No idea. Can't tell if it's because Darmstadt/Loew is better than Barley/Darmstadt or if he lost weight during his recovery from back surgery.

lol everyone thinking the same thing about Sacred Heart. Furman wins 14-0. Nobody goes two-and-through.  

Sacred Heart does have some wins today, though, including 2 against Harvard.

Edited by ugarte

31 minutes ago, ugarte said:

No idea. Can't tell if it's because Darmstadt/Loew is better than Barley/Darmstadt or if he lost weight during his recovery from back surgery.

Could be that. I have never seen him, but Barley does not have the resume of a Cornell starter. Great hair, though.

2 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Dawkins gets another W. While I'm watching Womack, who finally got a Petersen at 174, Darmstadt gets a 47 second fall. Then Womack wins by fall. Pretty good couple of minutes for Cornell there.

If you look at the team standings, Cornell has far fewer left in the championship draw than any team around them, but they're in 7th place due to all the pins.  Weird.

Just now, klehner said:

If you look at the team standings, Cornell has far fewer left in the championship draw than any team around them, but they're in 7th place due to all the pins.  Weird.

Tucker is literally the only guy on the top of the bracket. 

Meanwhile Womack and Darmstadt, even in the wins, gave up their legs pretty easily. Darmstadt got the takedown from a scramble and Womack scored from a Petersen for NF4 and then a turn once he was on top more normally. 

Really disappointed in Yapoujian just wandering around for 7 minutes two rounds in a row. I think I saw him take one shot in the parts of each match that I watched.

7 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

What's the story on Darmstadt? 

Figures my FLO subscription would run out today. 

i finally watched his loss - he shot deep and missed and the Minnesota guy caught his head and cradled him quick. He's won by fall in his other three matches. Like I said, though, he's giving up his legs even in the matches he's winning against people he should have no problems with at all.

53 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Dawkins gets another W. While I'm watching Womack, who finally got a Petersen at 174, Darmstadt gets a 47 second fall. Then Womack wins by fall. Pretty good couple of minutes for Cornell there.

If you expand that trend it's gonna be a great season!