Jump to content
scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, ugarte said:

i didn't recognize any names on a quick scan of the ironman preseeds. anyone with a better memory than me want to take a look? they're posted on flo.

Colton's little brother (I assume) at 132, Handlovic at 152, Hatcher at 220.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, klehner said:

Colton's little brother (I assume) at 132, Handlovic at 152, Hatcher at 220.

i did spot the other colorado yapoujian but hadn't heard he was coming. thanks for catching hatcher - he was one of the names i was surprised i didn't see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i did spot the other colorado yapoujian but hadn't heard he was coming. thanks for catching hatcher - he was one of the names i was surprised i didn't see.

Little Yap hasn't committed AFAIK; just thought I'd throw his name out there.  Cornell does have a bit of a track record in getting little brothers (with less success thereafter than one
might have hoped).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, klehner said:

Little Yap hasn't committed AFAIK; just thought I'd throw his name out there.  Cornell does have a bit of a track record in getting little brothers (with less success thereafter than one might have hoped).

thought we might break that trend with the picklos and instead lost them both

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 6:06 AM, klehner said:

Colton's little brother (I assume) at 132, Handlovic at 152, Hatcher at 220.

we missed one. don't see how he could have gone anywhere else.

calamari.jpg

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First round:
126: (6) Cornella WBF 3:26 ||| L. Yapoujian BYE

132: (12) W. Yapoujian WBF 3:07

152: (6) Handlovic BYE

220: (2) Hatcher BYE

Brackets on Track. Seeds for Cornella and Handlovic are both one slot higher in the bracket than the Flo article I screencapped. If I see another Yapoujian, I'll add him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ugarte said:

First round:
126: (6) Cornella WBF 3:26 ||| L. Yapoujian BYE

132: (12) W. Yapoujian WBF 3:07

152: (6) Handlovic BYE

220: (2) Hatcher BYE

Brackets on Track. Seeds for Cornella and Handlovic are both one slot higher in the bracket than the Flo article I screencapped. If I see another Yapoujian, I'll add him.

Flo seems to think that W. Yapoujian is a Cornell commit.

A couple of top-ranked wrestlers (Van Ness and someone else) got injured and dropped out, which probably explains the reseeding.

I've given up trying to find one of these matches on Track and watch on Flo.  Bleah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Second Round: 

126: (6) Cornella WBF 3:18 ||| L. Yapoujian L 2-0 (to 5 seed)

132: (12) W. Yapoujian W 5-2

152: (6) Handlovic W 11-2

220: (2) Hatcher (small bracket - already at R16)

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klehner said:

 

A couple of top-ranked wrestlers (Van Ness and someone else) got injured and dropped out, which probably explains the reseeding.

I've given up trying to find one of these matches on Track and watch on Flo.  Bleah.

Mastrogivanni

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3d Round: 

126: (6) Cornella W 3-1(over 11 seed)

132: (12) W. Yapoujian L 4-0 (to 5 seed)

152: (6) Handlovic W 4-3

220: (2) Hatcher WBF 1:03

Consolation:
126: L. Yapoujian W 2-1 UTB; L 6-0.

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Cornella finished in 7th, Handlovic in 8th, Yapoujian lost in the blood round. Hatcher semi to come; they're at 170 now. 

Hatcher up 6-2 after one period, looking like a 174lber.  Gets ridden entire second period, ends up barely hanging on 6-5.  Weird match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, klehner said:

FLWC at Cleveland State Open:

165 Julian Ramirez 9-3, fall :27

285 Lewis Fernandes fall :35

Fernandes will face Ohio State's Traub, who beat Furman 4-3 at the dual

Traub wins 6-4 over Fernandes

Ramirez into the semis with another fall.

Benny Baker also in the semis. 

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, klehner said:

Hatcher up 6-2 after one period, looking like a 174lber.  Gets ridden entire second period, ends up barely hanging on 6-5.  Weird match.

Braxton dominates Hatcher in the final. 7-1 or so but Hatcher was never close to scoring and Braxton did not have trouble penetrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ugarte said:

Traub wins 6-4 over Fernandes

Ramirez into the semis with another fall.

Benny Baker also in the semis. 

Fernandes comes back to win the consy bracket and take 5th, with pins in the last two matches. 

Ramirez loses by fall in the final. 

Baker takes third (I don't even know if he's a Cornell recruit but he's at FLWC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...