Jump to content
scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

Recommended Posts

I will agree with Klehner on that one, if people think Flo has streaming problems and glitches try a Trackwrestling event.  

I've bought maybe three Track video events, one of them being last year's SB Duals and it was brutal, and unwatchable due to glitches,, dropouts and so on......... made typical Flo coverage look like a Sunday Nite football telecast.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spladle88 said:

I will agree with Klehner on that one, if people think Flo has streaming problems and glitches try a Trackwrestling event.  

I've bought maybe three Track video events, one of them being last year's SB Duals and it was brutal, and unwatchable due to glitches,, dropouts and so on......... made typical Flo coverage look like a Sunday Nite football telecast.........

I remember one SB event (the first one, IIRC), where the on-screen score was stuck with the same data for 3-4 matches.  Without any commentary, I had no idea what was the time left, what was the score, and even who the f*** was on the mat.  You can't watch on two devices (I often have Flo's brackets/dashboard open on one device, and a couple of mats open on two devices).  Often, the camera positions are fixed and you'd see the ref raise a hand with two fingers...and nothing else.

Wrt Flo:  watching the Walsh Ironman this weekend, there were several instances where there was an issue with a mat camera ( out of focus, pointing to the wrong place, no picture at all, etc.).  Clicking on the "chat" icon and reporting the problem, someone replied quickly and the problem was fixed before the period was over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, klehner said:

track.  Their coverage sucked so badly the past two years that I'll pass.

hmm. day-of-competition call for me. 

has koll sent a post-Vegas update?

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Berreyesa starts his Senior Open with WBF in the first period. 4 point throw, 2 point takedown, turn to back, finish. 

Lost to the 10th seed in the Round of 16.

Edit: Mistake on Flo.  Hasn't wrestled that bout yet.

Edit #2:  Turns out Flo was prophetic.  Berreyesa loses 3-1.

Edited by witwhiz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He beat the 5, 12 and 8 seeds on the way,  and the 10 seed who beat him in the second round is in the finals.

Still a tough road top the trials. Perkins was the alternate who replaced Chavez, iirc, and the other semi is 2 vs 4.

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perkins beat Berreyesa 11-0. AB will face the 4 seed for 5th and a spot in the Olympic Trials. 

Arujau and Yianni won their opening matches by tech. Garrett and Perrelli had byes. Saunders got teched by Meredith. Dean in the hole on Mat 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arujau and Yianni into the QF by tech. Perrelli into the QF by forfeit when his opponent simply didn't show up to the mat in time. Garrett into the QF by injury when Cory Clark was injured on a throw. 

Dean lost to Aaron Brooks. 

Saunders wins by tech in consy to stay alive.

Berreyesa dropped a pair of matches to finish in 6th.

Edited by ugarte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems Yianni has stopped improving after losing JO as a training partner. Still gives up his legs way too much to be a consistent winner against his top competition. For a guy with arms twice the length of his legs, he may want to rethink his approach.
 

Vito looks as good as you can while getting teched. I actually mean that seriously. 
 

i don’t understand Garrett. One of the most off/on guys I’ve ever seen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, red blades said:

Josh Saunders had a pretty nice tournament!  Still alive in consis, he'll finish at least top 8.  If he can get past Meredith next round (no easy task), he'll face Yianni in consi semis. 

This is not getting enough buzz. Saunders lost to Meredith in round 1, then rattled off four consecutive wins including a tech versus Dardanes (multi-AA), win over Demas (AA), and 6-0 win over Lazor (AA who upset Molinaro). He now has Meredith again so will likely not advance further but what a tournament for an 18-year old. One of the most noteworthy runs. 
 

Also, someone said he wasn’t affiliated with Cornell earlier but hasn’t he committed and is on the same greyshirt path as all the other Cornell commits who have yet to matriculate? I found this interview of his dad who speaks about how they chose Cornell over Princeton, PSU, and Illinois: https://youtu.be/Nv9rBj-yr2s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Seems Yianni has stopped improving after losing JO as a training partner. Still gives up his legs way too much to be a consistent winner against his top competition. For a guy with arms twice the length of his legs, he may want to rethink his approach.
 

Vito looks as good as you can while getting teched. I actually mean that seriously. 
 

i don’t understand Garrett. One of the most off/on guys I’ve ever seen. 

Lol to your Yianni point. Joey is a matchup problem, always has been. He is positionally sound and a very intelligent wrestler. Yianni lives and dies by the sword when he fails to initiate lots of offense. 

Edited by NonspecificJargon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

This is not getting enough buzz. Saunders lost to Meredith in round 1, then rattled off four consecutive wins including a tech versus Dardanes (multi-AA), win over Demas (AA), and 6-0 win over Lazor (AA who upset Molinaro). He now has Meredith again so will likely not advance further but what a tournament for an 18-year old. One of the most noteworthy runs. 
 

Also, someone said he wasn’t affiliated with Cornell earlier but hasn’t he committed and is on the same greyshirt path as all the other Cornell commits who have yet to matriculate? I found this interview of his dad who speaks about how they chose Cornell over Princeton, PSU, and Illinois: https://youtu.be/Nv9rBj-yr2s

Saunders committed to Cornell in February, 2019.  He is at the Olympic/Paralympic Training Center, having graduated HS early (IIRC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

If a solid single is a matchup problem, then my point is even more relevant. Koll needs to get Yianni a sprawl for Christmas. I say this and a huge fan, by the way.

Agree that Yianni’s leg defense is questionable. Always has been. That’s how we do it in Ithaca.
 

 With the exception of the McKenna match, I think his tournament has been great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NonspecificJargon said:

Agree that Yianni’s leg defense is questionable. Always has been. That’s how we do it in Ithaca.
 

 With the exception of the McKenna match, I think his tournament has been great. 

Tell that do Kyle Dake. Unless you’re a 5x world champ, you’re not sniffing a TD on that guy, who hails from... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

This is not getting enough buzz. Saunders lost to Meredith in round 1, then rattled off four consecutive wins including a tech versus Dardanes (multi-AA), win over Demas (AA), and 6-0 win over Lazor (AA who upset Molinaro). He now has Meredith again so will likely not advance further but what a tournament for an 18-year old. One of the most noteworthy runs. 
 

Also, someone said he wasn’t affiliated with Cornell earlier but hasn’t he committed and is on the same greyshirt path as all the other Cornell commits who have yet to matriculate? I found this interview of his dad who speaks about how they chose Cornell over Princeton, PSU, and Illinois: https://youtu.be/Nv9rBj-yr2s

Why were the NJRTC guys in his corner instead of the Cornell guys?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...