scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

whoever said track stinks, well, I'm trying to catch up on the MSU and Wyoming duals because I didn't get to watch them live and so far a Womack fall and Loew's SV win have cut off before the end of the match. 

Edited by ugarte

Just now, ugarte said:

whoever said track stinks, well, I'm trying to catch up on the MSU and Wyoming duals because I didn't get ti watch them live and so far a Womack fall and Loew's SV win have cut off before the end of the match. 

That sucks for sure.  I dislike Track immensely.   Although I use it, but not for live viewing.  I just go without.

Cornell defeated Missouri 19-18

• 125 - Dack Punke (Missouri) over Dominic LaJoie (Cornell) Dec 5-2
  • 133 - Charles Tucker (Cornell) over Allan Hart (Missouri) Dec 6-3
  • 141 - Grant Leeth (Missouri) over Noah Baughman (Cornell) Dec 6-3
  • 149 - Brock Mauller (Missouri) over Hunter Richard (Cornell) Dec 6-1
  • 157 - Jarrett Jacques (Missouri) over Adam Santoro (Cornell) Dec 8-5
  • 165 - Peyton Mocco (Missouri) over Milik Dawkins (Cornell) Fall 4:35
  • 174 - Brandon Womack (Cornell) over Jeremiah Kent (Missouri) Dec 10-8
  • 184 - Jonathan Loew (Cornell) over Dylan Wisman (Missouri) Dec 16-10
  • 197 - Ben Darmstadt (Cornell) over Wyatt Koelling (Missouri) Fall 1:11
  • 285 - Brendan Furman (Cornell) over Jose Diaz (Missouri) Maj 14-6

Womack looked like he got injured in the Missouri dual.  He did next to nothing in the second half of the bout, spent some time on his back, walked off with his left arm hanging limply, and Merola wrestled against Minnesota.

Edited by witwhiz

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

I thought Cornell were down three points going into 285? 

Cornell was losing 18-15 going into 285.  Mizzou had five wins to Cornell's four, so a Cornell win would tie both points 18-18 and number of victories at five apiece for the first criterion.  Both teams had a fall, so tied on that criterion.  Mizzou had scored three more points through the first nine non-fall matches, so Cornell had to score at least four more at 285 to secure a criterion victory (don't know what would have been the next criterion (first takedown would have gone to Mizzou) if Cornell won the 285 bout by exactly three points).  With the major, Cornell won 19-18.  With a >3pt decision, Cornell also would have won 19-18.

1 hour ago, witwhiz said:

Womack looked like he got injured in the Missouri dual.  He did next to nothing in the second half of the bout, spent some time on his back, walked off with his left arm hanging limply, and Merola wrestled against Minnesota.

When I saw Merola step onto the mat I thought Womack was ducking Skatzka but now that you mention it, Womack gave up 4NF and then like 4 stall calls on bottom while he waited for the clock to run out against Mizzou. I hope he's OK - he was having a great couple of days up to that point. 

The Dawkins loss to Mocco was infuriating. Two stalling calls because he didn't release or mat return, forcing him to score again and he ends up getting countered and taken right to his back. I also was close to screaming when Loew took a shot against Wisman to get the tech and almost ended up stacked. 

Darmstadt still giving up too many TDs but he's back to being a reversal machine so I guess it's fine. 

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

Darmstadt still giving up too many TDs but he's back to being a reversal machine so I guess it's fine. 

All of the Cornell peeps have to be happy that, 'Big Ben' is winning and pinning again.  I'm glad to see it.

28 minutes ago, Gantry said:

It just boggles my mind how people still continue to mat wrestle Darmstadt, dude gets SO MANY reversals.  Take him down and cut him, lose the hubris and keep the match in neutral. 

That started at the end of his first year. Weiler and Brucki almost beat him at EIWAs doing that.

50 minutes ago, ugarte said:

That started at the end of his first year. Weiler and Brucki almost beat him at EIWAs doing that.

"Almost" is a synonym for "not."

And Brucki lost to Darmstadt at the dual meet (I was there); IIRC, he lost because he didn't adhere to that plan.  His coaches had that plan, but it seemed like Brucki didn't.

Edited by klehner