scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

51 minutes ago, klehner said:

Greg,  Vito, Yianni, Saunders, Yapoujian, Ramirez/Berreyesa, Foca, Dean, Darmstadt/Cardenas, Fernandes.  That’s my guess.

i don't think we see yianni at 149 again and i think saunders has been at 141 this year. yianni is the 600 pound gorilla. i agree that foca moves berreyesa, not the reverse.

16 hours ago, klehner said:

Greg,  Vito, Yianni, Saunders, Yapoujian, Ramirez/Berreyesa, Foca, Dean, Darmstadt/Cardenas, Fernandes.  That’s my guess.

I think you're counting Richard out too soon. If he comes in a '49 again next year, he may be able to handle Saunders. If not he may find a spot at 56 with Yap moving up to challenge '65. 

9 hours ago, tjhart said:

I think you're counting Richard out too soon. If he comes in a '49 again next year, he may be able to handle Saunders. If not he may find a spot at 56 with Yap moving up to challenge '65. 

fair

On 2/19/2020 at 10:02 PM, ugarte said:

i don't think we see yianni at 149 again and i think saunders has been at 141 this year. yianni is the 600 pound gorilla. i agree that foca moves berreyesa, not the reverse.

Yianni will be a 149lber, and Saunders will be 141.  

On 2/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, klehner said:

Vito will be a 125lber next year.  Richard will try and get bigger and slot in at 165.

Next years lineup will look like:

Vito, Dom/Moomey/JJ, Saunders, Yianni, Yapoujian/Stroker, Ramirez/Richard/Berreyesa, Foca, Dean, Darmstadt, Fernandes 

The year after is the year us Cornell Wrestling Fans will be really excited for.

Greg/Vito, Greg/Vito, Saunders, Yianni, Yapoujian, Ramirez/Richard, Foca, Dean, Darmstadt, Fernandes

1 hour ago, 12Cornell12 said:

Vito will be a 125lber next year.  Richard will try and get bigger and slot in at 165.

Vito, Dom/Moomey/JJ, Saunders, Yianni, Yapoujian/Stroker, Ramirez/Richard/Berreyesa, Foca, Dean, Darmstadt, Fernandes 

The year after is the year us Cornell Wrestling Fans will be really excited for.

Greg/Vito, Greg/Vito, Saunders, Yianni, Yapoujian, Ramirez/Richard, Foca, Dean, Darmstadt, Fernandes

Greg D has a chance to crack the lineup next year but that will all have to play out in the room. Vito might have a better shot at 133 making the lineup stronger.

Edited by Sublime607

4 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

Greg D has a chance to crack the lineup next year but that will all have to play out in the room. Vito might have a better shot at 133 making the lineup stronger.

Except there is no chance that Greg D goes straight into Cornell. He will be spending next year at Tc3

1 minute ago, 12Cornell12 said:

Except there is no chance that Greg D goes straight into Cornell. He will be spending next year at Tc3

So your saying 0% chance.... am I missing somthing?  I understand hes not his brother but Knoll knows this 2 year window might be his last chance he's going to do what give him the best opportunity to win the title.

12 minutes ago, Sublime607 said:

So your saying 0% chance.... am I missing somthing?  I understand hes not his brother but Knoll knows this 2 year window might be his last chance he's going to do what give him the best opportunity to win the title.

What chance would a five time NYS champion have to succeed in D1?  C'mon, man.  :-)

3 hours ago, 12Cornell12 said:

12Cornell12 - Welcome to the Cornell Thread! 

7 hours ago, 12Cornell12 said:

Stoker's five years are up.  Unless the NCAA has granted him a waiver, he's done.

30 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Stoker's five years are up.  Unless the NCAA has granted him a waiver, he's done.

I think he's missed two semesters at Cornell, so he may still have eligibility (had to go back and check).

2 hours ago, klehner said:

I think he's missed two semesters at Cornell, so he may still have eligibility (had to go back and check).

the semester trick is designed to stretch the ivy max of 4 academic years to the ncaa max of 5 calendar years. if stroker has already maxed out the 5 calendar years, the semester trick wouldn't work and he'd need a medical waiver. 

3 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

I am not completely sold that Darmstadt’s spot at 197 is safe from Cardenas.  

depends on whether the north carolina loss was meaningful in the long term. if it was just a blip, cardenas is going to have to wait for a 2x AA to clear out.

Cornell vs. Lock Haven should be a pretty good dual - tonight at 6:00, Lock Haven site is showing live stream available here: https://www.golhu.com/coverage?start_date

Here's the projected matchups:

125        Dom LaJoie (14-16) vs. #13  Luke Werner (25-4)

133        #5 Chas Tucker (27-0) vs. DJ Fehlman (22-6)

141        Noah Baughman (21-10) vs. #22 Kyle Shoop (17-5)

149        Hunter Richard (19-9) vs. Brock Port (11-12) -OR- Collin Glorioso (7-4)

157        Adam Santoro (12-14) vs. .Alex Klucker (13-8)

165        Milik Dawkins (9-8) vs. Austin Bell (18-11)

174        Andrew Berreyesa (8-3) vs. Jared Siegrist (20-11)

184        Jonathan Loew (21-11) vs. Corey Hazel (8-6) -OR- Ray Bernot (6-18)

197        #5 Ben Darmstadt (23-6) vs. Parker McClellan (16-15)

HWT      Brendan Furman (17-11) vs. Trey Hartsock (5-12)

The lightweights will be quite competitive, but after 165 I think Cornell pulls away.

23 hours ago, Sublime607 said:

22 hours ago, NJDan said:

If I am not mistaken, Troy Nickerson did not greyshirt. Isn't Greg D in the same class?

Technically speaking, Greg is very good and on similar levels to these guys.  But wrestling at Cornell first means you have to get accepted into Cornell... so he needs to go to Tc3 first.

Kinda like Vito... Vito was very good, but didn't go straight in because he needed to get into Cornell first.