scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

8 hours ago, Show_Me said:

I would like to see Hopkins get the nod only because he is a Missouri kid.

Good problem for Army with their depth at some of these weights.

According to SHP, Brown was the name Army submitted for AQ.

10 hours ago, Cptafw164 said:

Hopkins beat the guy that beat Darmstadt.  I wonder how a match between Hs classmates and teammates would play out.  Darmstadt and Brown.  

Brown lost to Loew earlier this year when Loew was at the higher weight.

I figure Darmstadt by major.  Could be more.

Edited by red blades

3 hours ago, Cary by the Lake said:

**** Better question is: Who is going to the EIWAs.  They are at Lehigh.  

i wish. i went to hofstra but i can't put my kid in the car for a drive to central pa from brooklyn. especially not when i know it's going to be on flo. when is it columbia's turn to host?

7 minutes ago, ugarte said:

i wish. i went to hofstra but i can't put my kid in the car for a drive to central pa from brooklyn. especially not when i know it's going to be on flo. when is it columbia's turn to host?

Central PA?  It's like 20 minutes from NJ!  I'm going to be there.

I'm looking forward to seeing a pissed-off Hofstra team kick some read and white butt.

2 hours ago, klehner said:

Greg D. One win away from his fifth N.Y. state title.

vito’s brother? In the semi-finals (81-2 record).

Greg D. in the finals at 120 as a 1 seed after going Fall, Tech, Tech. He'll face the 2 seed who won the semis by tiebreak.

Oroudjov in the finals as a 2 seed, facing the 4. Both finalists having much closer matches than Greg D.

20 minutes ago, klehner said:

.If it's not Philadelphia or Pittsburgh it's Central PA.

4 minutes ago, ugarte said:

Greg D. in the finals at 120 as a 1 seed after going Fall, Tech, Tech. He'll face the 2 seed who won the semis by tiebreak.

Oroudjov in the finals as a 2 seed, facing the 4. Both finalists having much closer matches than Greg D.

It's crazy the amount of matches these kids get now a days. 100 wins for a career used to mean somthing. Duel tournaments have really made some sacred records get obliterated.

Edited by Sublime607

31 minutes ago, klehner said:

I'm looking forward to seeing a pissed-off Hofstra team kick some read and white butt.

Anything past the Delaware River is Central PA to us city folks.

Hofstra scares me.

3 hours ago, red blades said:

Brown lost to Loew earlier this year when Loew was at the higher weight.

I figure Darmstadt by major.  Could be more.

I was thinking 90% chance Darmstadt by pin, 10% chance Brown by pin.  Any other scenario would be close to your guess of Darmstadt by a lot to a little.  

7 hours ago, ugarte said:

Greg D. becomes a 5-timer. Wins 8-2 in the finals.

Edited by Red95

57 minutes ago, klehner said:

Today's National Collegiate Open features the usual suspects:  Ramirez at 165, Foca at 174, Cardenas at 197, and also Dean at 184.

Dissapointed not to see Ferndandes. 

Also, Arena is a graveyard of typos. Maon Reniche and Jacob Carenas among others. Baker and McNeal are there from FLWC as well.

Baker: Fall 4:23

Ramirez: Fall 2:56

Reniche: Fall 0:24

Dean in the hole (I think) on Mat 2. Fall 2:08. 

Good start for the Tompkins County contingent.

McNeal Bye to the QF; Foca bye to R16; Cardenas R16.

Edited by ugarte

165: Ramirez - Fall, Win, Win, Tech, Fall - 1st place

Reniche - Fall, Win, Win, Loss - Default to 6th

174: Foca - Fall, Tech, Win*, Fall - 1st place (* pretty sure there was a scoring error in the third and this should be a major)

184: Dean - Fall, Fall, Fall, Tech, Fall - 1st place

197: Cardenas - Win, Tech, Win, Major - 1st place

On 2/29/2020 at 11:00 AM, klehner said:

Looks like George Oroudjov (taking his father's last name) is 50-0 as a sophomore this year and is into the finals.

Unfortunately: Zack Ryder (Minisink Valley) 47-3, 8th. over George Oroudjov (Syosset) 50-1, So. (Fall 4:35).

I congratulate George on second in the states as a sophomore, pity his next opponent, and look forward to 4 additional years of hearing his dad shout advice over the ESPN audio feed! 

42 minutes ago, Softmats said:

Unfortunately: Zack Ryder (Minisink Valley) 47-3, 8th. over George Oroudjov (Syosset) 50-1, So. (Fall 4:35).

I congratulate George on second in the states as a sophomore, pity his next opponent, and look forward to 4 additional years of hearing his dad shout advice over the ESPN audio feed! 

I saw that.  Before the pin, the match was reasonably close.

55 minutes ago, Softmats said:

Although only an 8th grader, this was Ryder's 2nd trip to the state finals. He dropped a dec last year to S. Poulin. He's someone to be on the lookout for. 

7 minutes ago, tjhart said:

Although only an 8th grader, this was Ryder's 2nd trip to the state finals. He dropped a dec last year to S. Poulin. He's someone to be on the lookout for. 

goddamn. stevo is a junior and still wrestling at 113. he's going to have to bulk up to wrestle as a freshman.

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

goddamn. stevo is a junior and still wrestling at 113. he's going to have to bulk up to wrestle as a freshman.

Consider who he had a weight above him.. if state titles is the current goal 113 is where he needed to be.