scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

8 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

I hope they start enforcing things soon.  Maybe Trump should send his storm troopers to Walmart and Lowe's to enforce it.  Nah, it would irritate The Base.

I know you're joking but while we should definitely be mandating masks in indoor spaces i also don't think police enforcement of mask wearing solves any problems more significant than the ones it creates. But that's a whole other topic that I basically regret bringing up but can't stop myself from hitting Submit Reply on.

Edited by ugarte

Cornell's roster appears to be updated for all (most?) freshmen now.  The only roster surprise (I don't count weights) is Fredy Stroker.  You guys allowing 6th years now?  I figured there'd be an Ivy rule somewhere that banned those.

31 minutes ago, jdalu75 said:

Cornell's roster appears to be updated for all (most?) freshmen now.  The only roster surprise (I don't count weights) is Fredy Stroker.  You guys allowing 6th years now?  I figured there'd be an Ivy rule somewhere that banned those.

Stroker is not really a starter anyway, right?  For such a big-time recruit, I thought he would have accomplished more in college.

4 hours ago, Kevsuhr25 said:

Vito just smoked Alvarez 16-5 tech fall in closing seconds of match despite looking like he was at least 5-7 pounds lighter than Alvarez. 

he weighed in a pound and a half under but he has to have a lower walking-around weight

53 minutes ago, ugarte said:

he weighed in a pound and a half under but he has to have a lower walking-around weight

Yeah I mean Alvarez looks like he might have dropped a few pounds to make the weight where Vito ate a couple burgers before hand.  Dake/Chamizo Match was fun to watch.  DT looked like an animal. 

Assume there is an NCAA season and that in hopes of securing a third title Yanni goes '41:

Who takes '49? Saunders or Richards? While the pre-colllege results all point to Saunders,

the improvement made by Richards each year has me seeing him as a tough out.

4 hours ago, tjhart said:

Assume there is an NCAA season and that in hopes of securing a third title Yanni goes '41:

Who takes '49? Saunders or Richards? While the pre-colllege results all point to Saunders,

i think gabe dean suggested that 141/149 was yianni/saunders in whatever order works, yapoujian at 157 and richard might jump to 165. that may be contingent on yianni going 149, though. if yianni is 141 maybe richard competes to keep the starting spot at 149.

On 8/9/2020 at 10:21 AM, tjhart said:

Saunders is good, but I doubt he could best out Richards, at least right now. 

he has higher upside. Still, Saunders never struck me as a true freshman AA type. 

It's hard to be definitive because Cornell never issues recruiting press releases.  Reiniche was on Intermat's list of Cornell recruits; The Open Mat transfer page shows him headed to Oregon State.

Mason Reiniche, International Man of Mystery.

1 hour ago, jdalu75 said:

It's hard to be definitive because Cornell never issues recruiting press releases.  Reiniche was on Intermat's list of Cornell recruits; The Open Mat transfer page shows him headed to Oregon State.

Mason Reiniche, International Man of Mystery.

He was originally a Cornell commit. Then after a season at FLWC, he sent out a tweet saying he had a good experience but was now looking for a new school and ended up picking Oregon state. I imagine he saw that he was going to struggle to get into the lineup at Cornell anytime soon.

I just saw this on the Cornell Athletics site: https://cornellbigred.com/news/2020/8/20/cornell-wrestling-ranked-4-in-flowrestling-preseason-dual-rankings.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0dCBuNL5eJlxk-f9LuVkmWo01XctwvJLYd1PcFJhF25RSwacYBy5gMCNE

From what I've been hearing though - I'm not to optimistic.  A friend reports that Collegetown crowds do not bode well for the semester continuing uninterrupted.  We also just received notice from Syracuse (my daughter attends) that a number of freshmen will be sent home for violating guidelines.

It's always the ***holes who spoil it for everyone.

6 minutes ago, red blades said:

I just saw this on the Cornell Athletics site: https://cornellbigred.com/news/2020/8/20/cornell-wrestling-ranked-4-in-flowrestling-preseason-dual-rankings.aspx?fbclid=IwAR0dCBuNL5eJlxk-f9LuVkmWo01XctwvJLYd1PcFJhF25RSwacYBy5gMCNE

From what I've been hearing though - I'm not to optimistic.  A friend reports that Collegetown crowds do not bode well for the semester continuing uninterrupted.  We also just received notice from Syracuse (my daughter attends) that a number of freshmen will be sent home for violating guidelines.

It's always the ***holes who spoil it for everyone.

Throw them off the gorges!

Ouch.

The MIAs look to be Arujau, LaJoie, Yianni, Yapoujian, Brindley, Dean, and Furman.  I suspect that some are taking a second ORS year and others are not in school for the first semester, are planning on stretching the time at Cornell over five years.

On 8/28/2020 at 3:47 AM, jdalu75 said:

Ouch.

The MIAs look to be Arujau, LaJoie, Yianni, Yapoujian, Brindley, Dean, and Furman.  I suspect that some are taking a second ORS year and others are not in school for the first semester, are planning on stretching the time at Cornell over five years.

What about Darmstadt?  Koll's not 'shirting him?

On 8/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, jdalu75 said:

Ouch.

Is Cornell allowing students on campus? If not, why enroll, especially if the wrestling season will only start (if at all) in the second semester?