scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

On 8/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, jdalu75 said:

Ouch.

The MIAs look to be Arujau, LaJoie, Yianni, Yapoujian, Brindley, Dean, and Furman.  I suspect that some are taking a second ORS year and others are not in school for the first semester, are planning on stretching the time at Cornell over five years.

It looks like all of those guys are listed in the student directory.

Edit: However I see classes don't begin until 9/2 so that may change

Edited by 1032004

A forum (and fan site) of our very own!!  

For starters, Coach Koll was kind enough to provide an exclusive 2020 perspective that you won't find anywhere else.  

The forum is set up and operates like the WrestlingReport.com site during its better days, so most of you should feel comfortable on it.  There are also additional bells and whistles that will expand and be enhanced over time;  I'm looking forward to some fan participation.

I'm not going to go into detail here, but check it out.  Make sure to read the blog entries on the journal page and then register on the forum and let's get this thing started!

Go to:  BigRedBears.com 

Edited by RED

1 hour ago, red blades said:

One of the things I like about Cornell wrestling (that in some ways disproves the "SUNY Ithaca" moniker):

Foca:  Member of the All-State Academic team

Gorg:  First Team All-State Academic team, Four-time member of the high honor roll

Saunders:  Academic achievements include three-time All-District and three-time All-State academic awards

4 hours ago, red blades said:

Curious that the official release acknowledges match records during the grayshirt season.

56 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

Curious that the official release acknowledges match records during the grayshirt season.

What is curious about that?  They wrestled competitively prior to matriculating at Cornell.  Why not report it?  Is there some secret I don't know about?

21 hours ago, klehner said:

What is curious about that?  They wrestled competitively prior to matriculating at Cornell.  Why not report it?  Is there some secret I don't know about?

i was going to say that i didn't think it was typically included but i checked darmstadt's profile (since max dean is not enrolled this semester) and, well

capture.jpg

1 hour ago, ugarte said:

i was going to say that i didn't think it was typically included but i checked darmstadt's profile (since max dean is not enrolled this semester) and, well

capture.jpg

Max Dean's profile:

• Took second at the Bearcat Open and won the NYS Intercollegiate Open division, the Cleveland State and Brockport Open tournaments while wrestling for the Fingerlakes Wrestling Club in 2016-17 as part of a 22-6 season.

Their profile pages are all there, just not listed in the roster.

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_the_Quakers said:

Typically don't peruse Cornell's material, but had not seen them use the term "grayshirt" before.  That's pretty "inside baseball" for a press release.

Still waiting for your explanation.

Quaker — I agree.  Seeing the term greyshirt surprised me.  I don’t recall seeing it used in the past.  

Edit: ‘grayshirt’.   I never can tell if grey or gray is right.  

Edited by nom