scribe

Cornell Big Red Wrestling

Great story about Cornell Wrestling.  My buddy's son plays football for Cornell and we left something in the stands after the game.  While we were looking for it, two guys came up and were trying to help us find it.  Real polite and nice guys.  They were cleaning the bleachers, it appeared.  Those two were Yianni and Mike Grey!  What's the chance you would find Bo Nickal and Jason Nolf cleaning Beaver Stadium!

9 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

I was looking at the Cornell schedule. What  is the "Cornell Open"? Have never heard that one before.

I think it is a replacement for the now defunct "NY State Championship" - basically the same event, but acknowledging that some D1 programs in NY are no longer participating.  And I presume the "Open" status means out of state wrestlers can participate.

16 minutes ago, red blades said:

I think it is a replacement for the now defunct "NY State Championship" - basically the same event, but acknowledging that some D1 programs in NY are no longer participating.  And I presume the "Open" status means out of state wrestlers can participate.

Current entries (we could see Womack vs. Foca at 174, and Yapoujian vs. Ramirez at 157):

LaJoie, Dominic NCAA 125   0.0
Tucker, Charles NCAA 133   0.0
Moomey, Phillip NCAA 133 B   0.0
Wilson, James NCAA 133 B   0.0
Lehr, Jacob NCAA 133 C   0.0
Baughman, Noah NCAA 141   0.0
Moore, Ryan NCAA 141 B   0.0
Venosa, Michael NCAA 141 B   0.0
Russo, Michael NCAA 141 C   0.0
Wilson-Gillem, Trence NCAA 141 C   0.0
Richard, Hunter NCAA 149   0.0
Schoenherr, Chris NCAA 149   0.0
McNitt, Ian NCAA 149 B   0.0
Pickett, Max NCAA 149 B   0.0
Yapoujian, Colton NCAA 157   0.0
Hoffman, Micah NCAA 157 B   0.0
Santoro, Adam NCAA 165   0.0
Stawinski, John NCAA 165   0.0
Brindley, Jakob NCAA 165 B   0.0
Dawkins, Milik NCAA 165 B   0.0
Womack, Brandon NCAA 174   0.0
Thacker, Nathan NCAA 174 B   0.0
Barley, Jonah NCAA 184   0.0
Darmstadt, Ben NCAA 184   0.0
Fagen, Jonathon NCAA 184   0.0
Loew, Jonathan NCAA 197   0.0
Furman, Brendan NCAA 285   0.0
Janney, Seth NCAA 285 B   0.0
Edited by klehner

4 hours ago, klehner said:

Can we go back to the WR forum, now that it is possible to post there?  I posted NC State's preview of Cornell's weekend lineup.

I was able to get in, but it's a little balky - Ugarte, you have to log in first, can't try to reply directly.  Go see my last post there for the workaround.

On ths weekend's dual - NC State is favored 21-9 putting in the best starters at each weight.  That said, there's quite a few toss-up matches. I think the matchups favor NC State overall, but maybe Rob has some surprises in store for us?

Note to Scribe - stay away from the reincarnated WR Forum - ya already broke it once! :-D

Edited by red blades

18 hours ago, DanGerMan said:

I was looking at the Cornell schedule. What  is the "Cornell Open"? Have never heard that one before.

very annoyed that the cornell open will be on track (which i do not pay for) and not ESPN+ (which I already do).

8 hours ago, Mat Rat said:

Looks like the NYS collegiate will be Sunday Nov 24 art Oswego State.

After looking at the registration for the Cornell Open, it looks like it's for Division I (and D-I greyshirts at FLWC and USMAPS) and, given it's location, NYS Collegiates is probably for the D-III and JuCo teams that Cornell and Army used to mostly destroy.

30 minutes ago, ugarte said:

very annoyed that the cornell open will be on track (which i do not pay for) and not ESPN+ (which I already do).

Ditto.  Given how ****ty the Track coverage has been for the 3-4 events I've purchased, I believe I'm done paying them for any event.

22 hours ago, red blades said:

Better for rpi too

15 hours ago, ugarte said:

After looking at the registration for the Cornell Open, it looks like it's for Division I (and D-I greyshirts at FLWC and USMAPS) and, given it's location, NYS Collegiates is probably for the D-III and JuCo teams that Cornell and Army used to mostly destroy.

also non-NY teams are participating

Screenshot_20191122-082951_Chrome.jpg

NC State vs. Cornell - Dual starting at 184:

184 FINAL | Ben Darmstadt loses a 7-5 decision to Trent Hidlay of NC State

197 FINAL | Jonathan Loew wins by fall over Tyrie Houghton

285 FINAL | Brendan Furman loses by a 3-1 decision to Deonte Wilson Cornell 6 | NC State 6

125 FINAL | Dom LaJoie loses an 8-4 decision to Jakob Camacho Cornell 6 | NC State 9

133 FINAL | Chas Tucker wins a 4-1 decision over Jarrett Trombley Cornell 9 | NC State 9

Edited by red blades

141 FINAL | Noah Baughman loses a 4-0 decision to Tariq Wilson Cornell 9 | NC State 12

149 FINAL | Hunter Richard loses by a 6-5 decision to AJ Leitten Cornell 9 | NC State 15

157 FINAL | Colton Yapoujian loses by a 4-0 decision to Hayden Hidlay Cornell 9 | NC State 18

165 FINAL | Adam Santoro loses by a 9-0 major decision to Thomas Bullard Cornell 9 | NC State 22

174 FINAL | Brandon Womack loses by a 5-4 decision to Daniel Bullard Cornell 9 | NC State 25

Edited by red blades

not a great day. too tentative and repeatedly gave up points at the end of periods/matches. the darmstadt loss was brutal because he neither tried to score from his feet nor defended particularly well when hidlay's main move today was to flat-out truck him. three other matches where we could have won with a little offense were just sad close losses. not a great start. i can't even celebrate princeton over lehigh because i was kind of expecting to lose to lehigh again and now i'm worried about losing the ivy title too.