npope

2020 U.S. Olympic Wrestling Trials

I am thinking of attending this event this year (first time for me). The PR online suggests that it may have been sold out already...am I being too gullible?

Anyone who has attend such trials before have any thoughts as to the likely quality of the experience?

2016 trials were great in Iowa City, the matches that were going on at the same time were crazy, the finals of the 2020 trials will be worth it for sure.  I think the crowd and atmosphere will be even better in 2020.  Iowa City was not sold out in 2016, I think penn st will sell out. 

Stubhub has about 150 tix left. I checked that tickmaster link provided, shortly after the went on sale, and they said sold out already. But bought ours on stubhub.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the price and availability. Similar tix to the ones we bought are now 3x as expensive.

My son and I have nvr been to a big tournament. We’re coming down from Alaska and super excited!
There’s gonna be unbelievable matches all day both days!

Question for some of us newer to the international scene.  Baring injury will this all happen in one weekend?  No Final X one weekend and Finals the next?  Hypothetically can we expect to see Dake sit until Semi's and then take on Jordan Saturday?

55 minutes ago, SettleBoys said:

Question for some of us newer to the international scene.  Baring injury will this all happen in one weekend?  No Final X one weekend and Finals the next?  Hypothetically can we expect to see Dake sit until Semi's and then take on Jordan Saturday?

Finals will be Sunday 

On 10/18/2019 at 11:59 AM, FishfinderAK said:

Stubhub has about 150 tix left. I checked that tickmaster link provided, shortly after the went on sale, and they said sold out already. But bought ours on stubhub.

I’ve been keeping an eye on the price and availability. Similar tix to the ones we bought are now 3x as expensive.

My son and I have nvr been to a big tournament. We’re coming down from Alaska and super excited!

Awesome! Great choice for your first.

On 10/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, FishfinderAK said:

What part of Alaska are you coming down from? 

@SettleBoys the qualification schedule for the 2020 Olympics is as follows:

Dec 20-22

Senior Nationals qualifier

This can be thought of as the Senior US Open for all intents and purposes

March 26-29

Last Chance qualifier

April 4-5

Olympic Team Trials

74kg Jordan Burroughs has a bye to the finals

97kg Kyle Snyder has a bye to the finals

74 or 86 Kyle Dake has a bye to the semifinals (he has announced he is going 74)

86 or 97 J'Den Cox has a bye to the semifinals (he has not publicly announced his weight)

https://usawevents.sportngin.com/events

Edited by bnwtwg