HFO

LEHIGH ENGINEERS

**** Nothing in stone as of yet, but potential contenders may be:

• Nate Gallick: 5th year senior, if he can make and hold the weight.  He is a real pinner who hopefully will benefit from having Chance Marstellar in the room.  
  • Brian Meyer: Redshirt Frosh from Phillipsburg, NJ, same as Paetzell, (always tough). Wrestled off with Humphreys last year at 157.  He will be tough.
  • Kent Lane: 5th year senior
  • Edmond Ruth: True Frosh, brother of Ed Ruth, PSU Champ.  He probably will Redshirt. Can really benefit from a Redshirt year working with Marstellar and Kutler.
  • Luca Frinzi: True Frosh from Bethlehem Catholic.  Great defensive wrestler.  Can really benefit from a Redshirt year working with Marstellar and Kutler.
  • Trey Cornish: Redshirt Junior. Slick, just needs more mat time at D1.

Chase Gallik?

Have a feeling it will be Gallik or Lane...... just depends if Gallick can hold weight in my opinion.......

Boy if the coaches despised the small wrestling report forum, they should love the stuff being broadcast on a more national forum......

I would agree Ruth has the most potential upside of this group.  My guess is they are hoping to  redshirt him this year to work on finding the weight that suits him best and let him continue to develop strength and technique wise; that said injuries, inability of other wrestlers to hold weight and other factors may force him into lineup this year,  you never know.

Edited by Spladle88

Absolutely genius question WillieBoy.  Since PSU's 165 is a three time NCAA finalist and two time national champion my guess would be no.  Want to provide me some brilliant insight on why that's relevant?

As for down the road a couple years after redshirt, who knows? I guess we'll find out.........

5 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

Absolutely genius question WillieBoy.  Since PSU's 165 is a three time NCAA finalist and two time national champion my guess would be no.  Want to provide me some brilliant insight on why that's relevant?

As for down the road a couple years after redshirt, who knows? I guess we'll find out.........

My thought exactly. Even Manville projects at 65. Felt like the question was asked just to interject PSU into a conversation that has no relevance.

Edited by Sublime607

8 hours ago, Cary by the Lake said:

**** Nothing in stone as of yet, but potential contenders may be:

• Nate Gallick: 5th year senior, if he can make and hold the weight.  He is a real pinner who hopefully will benefit from having Chance Marstellar in the room.  
  • Brian Meyer: Redshirt Frosh from Phillipsburg, NJ, same as Paetzell, (always tough). Wrestled off with Humphreys last year at 157.  He will be tough.
  • Kent Lane: 5th year senior
  • Edmond Ruth: True Frosh, brother of Ed Ruth, PSU Champ.  He probably will Redshirt. Can really benefit from a Redshirt year working with Marstellar and Kutler.
  • Luca Frinzi: True Frosh from Bethlehem Catholic.  Great defensive wrestler.  Can really benefit from a Redshirt year working with Marstellar and Kutler.
  • Trey Cornish: Redshirt Junior. Slick, just needs more mat time at D1.

If Cornish wins the 165 spot is it fair to say that 1 game hen is tougher than 5 mountain hawks?