HFO

LEHIGH ENGINEERS

On 10/14/2019 at 5:37 AM, Cary by the Lake said:

**** Nothing in stone as of yet, but potential contenders may be:

• Nate Gallick: 5th year senior, if he can make and hold the weight.  He is a real pinner who hopefully will benefit from having Chance Marstellar in the room.  
  • Brian Meyer: Redshirt Frosh from Phillipsburg, NJ, same as Paetzell, (always tough). Wrestled off with Humphreys last year at 157.  He will be tough.
  • Kent Lane: 5th year senior
  • Edmond Ruth: True Frosh, brother of Ed Ruth, PSU Champ.  He probably will Redshirt. Can really benefit from a Redshirt year working with Marstellar and Kutler.
  • Luca Frinzi: True Frosh from Bethlehem Catholic.  Great defensive wrestler.  Can really benefit from a Redshirt year working with Marstellar and Kutler.
  • Trey Cornish: Redshirt Junior. Slick, just needs more mat time at D1.

FWIW:  according to Track's weight management:  Ruth, Lane, and Farro are not certified.  Meyer cert'd at 165 (so going down to 157?).  Frinzi cert'd at 184, so 165 would be a bunch.

Weiler, Kutler cert'd at 197.

1 hour ago, klehner said:

FWIW:  according to Track's weight management:  Ruth, Lane, and Farro are not certified.  Meyer cert'd at 165 (so going down to 157?).  Frinzi cert'd at 184, so 165 would be a bunch.

Weiler, Kutler cert'd at 197.

If that's what Track is posting, someone made data entry errors.

On 10/13/2019 at 11:41 PM, hammerlockthree said:

MIT is the engineers

To this day my dad,a Lehigh grad, refers to them as the Engineers.

As far as MIT,a number of colleges share the same team name.

Off the top of my head I can think of several :"Bearcats","Wildcats","Bulldogs","Trojans","Tigers".

So what's the problem with both Lehigh and MIT being the "Engineers".

When they first proposed this, Lehigh said they were considering changing  the team name  to reflect the diversity of the university's curriculums ,beyond just engineering.

At the time, they polled alumni.

They were overwhelmingly against it.

Didn't matter.

Edited by rpbobcat

11 hours ago, witwhiz said:

LU opponents at South Beach Duals now listed on schedule:  Wyoming, N. Dakota St., N.C. State & Oklahoma.

Why does Oklahoma's schedule say they'll be at Midlands at that time?

1 hour ago, klehner said:

Why does Oklahoma's schedule say they'll be at Midlands at that time?

Their original schedule had them at the Duals.  Then they announced a schedule change on twitter on 9/30 that they were going to the Midlands. Lehigh just posted their Duals opponents within the last few days.  Strange.

Edited by witwhiz

On 10/18/2019 at 6:09 PM, scribe said:

That hurts my feelings.

**** First, I do not agree with or like the level Rich B stooped to with his post.  However, with all the negative and snarky things you have posted on WRreport.com over the years regarding Lehigh, the coaches and the wrestlers, I think you should not be offended so easily.  Maybe everyone should take a step back and just enjoy college wrestling without the negative posts.

6 minutes ago, red blades said:

Cary never makes negative posts.  Except about other posters.  And Facebook.  And the Thought Police.  And ...

Oh, never mind.

Blades:  You nailed it.  I am an equal opportunity offender, however I do not make nasty posts just to inflame, I point out when someone is either very wrong, or if they are acting or have a history of acting in an inappropriate manner.  Remember my motto is: Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is looking.

And on the subject of Lehigh wrestling,

The Brown and White Intrasquad (the misnamed "Wrestle-Offs" finally laid to rest) is Thursday.  No indication on the LU schedule that it will be streamed.  Anyone have any info?

Some surprises per Wally's newsletter as to weights that particular wrestlers may be appearing at.  Think lower. Lower weights seems to be lacking in stars but have good depth.  Upper weights - just the opposite.  

8 minutes ago, witwhiz said:

The Brown and White Intrasquad (the misnamed "Wrestle-Offs" finally laid to rest) is Thursday.  No indication on the LU schedule that it will be streamed.  Anyone have any info?

**** No mention on Lehigh.edu  Sports  Multimedia.  I would say it is not being streamed.

**** It has been confirmed that the Lehigh Brown and White Intrasquad Event on Thursday night will not be streamed.  The lineups are out, but I am not going to post them as the release is from the pay subscription to LU Wrestling News Magazine.  The Intrasquad will be one of three events that will determine the starters for the November 16th Dual Opener against Oklahoma State.  The other two events will be the Princeton Open on November 3rd and the Journeymen on November 10th.  The coaching staff will evaluate those results as well as progress with in the room to determine which wrestlers will be the starters.

Rest assured there will be some great match ups featuring many returnees as well as four from the strong 2019 recruiting class.  It should be a really good gauge as to how D1 ready the incoming frosh are.  I would assume the plan would be to redshirt the incoming frosh unless they are obviously better than their seasoned opponents.

Very vanilla standard information on a scholastic event basically hidden behind a pay wall (subscription newsletter) till the day before the event when the school information director is "allowed" to release the information.......wonder why the average age of the fan base is around 72????