HFO

LEHIGH ENGINEERS

The funny thing is they will portray this as the cranky old Lehigh fan group arguing, when in reality its the opposite, it's the "younger" (using the term liberally) alumni trying to get the old boys network to wake up before they ruin a good thing.....change the "goddammit if it's not broke don't fix it attitude"........Ever check out the social networking presence of Princeton wrestling? Now there is a group that gets it, and oh by the way continues to grow as a program.......Older fans will argue well look at our attendance figures compared to theirs,  I would be more interested in the attendance figures for demographics .....let's say 25 thru 50.......

29 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

"Wrestle-Off Lineup for Thursday Oct 24th"

125 Brandon Paetzell v Mitch Polito
133 Joe Lobeck v Jared Lane
133 Nick Farro v Connor McGonagle
141 Ryan Pomrinca v Malyke Hines
149 Luke Karam v Jimmy Hoffman
157 Josh Humphries v AJ Burkhart
165 Chase Gallik v Brian Meyer
174 Kent Lane v Josh Logan
174 Edmond Ruth v Trey Cornish
184 Chris Weiler v Eli Grape
197 Jake Jakobsen v Elijah Jones
275 Victor Lacombe v Andrew McDonald

It's out there one way or another..........just not from the athletic department

and I said AVERAGE Cary lol

That's impressive investigative work, Spladle.  If I should come to suspect that my wife of 47 years is cheating on me, I may give you a call.

not really that hard to be honest.......but why should it come to that?? By the way it's 3:30 pm on Tuesday and still nothing on Lehigh website concerning wrestle offs Thursday nite (other than they are supposed to occur and volleyball practice has been cancelled)......Most recent article is "First Day of Practice" from two weeks ago.......way to keep those alumni in touch and feeling a part of the program and hungry for the start of a new season.......

Edited by Spladle88

By the way,  to be clear I am not dissing or questioning the importance of the volleyball team here,....but one day's practice moved to another site (aren't there like 5 other places you could use on campus, I can think of 4), hold a morning practice,  do a conditioning/strength practice or whatever......I mean come on, don't throw that at me as a valid problem for wrestle-offs......

and a small amount of tickets?? Isn't that cost slid nicely into the season ticket package?? Which is probably 50% or so of their attendance figure for most duals?

Edited by Spladle88

55 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

not really that hard to be honest.......but why should it come to that?? By the way it's 2:30 pm on Tuesday and still nothing on Lehigh website concerning wrestle offs Thursday nite (other than they are supposed to occur and volleyball practice has been cancelled)......Most recent article is "First Day of Practice" from two weeks ago.......way to keep those alumni in touch and feeling a part of the program and hungry for the start of a new season.......

FWIW, tOSU has their *brackets* up for their wrestle-offs...which they are streaming...for free.  I'm sure that all the B1G coaches will be glued to their screens for scouting purposes.

Spirit animal status revoked.

Leeman-Turner Arena at Grace Hall. Recently named a top 5 in the country venue for watching volleyball. Grace Hall being the legendary 'snakepit" venue feared by volleyball players the world over. Of course named after legendary volleyball coaches Leeman and Turner. 

14 minutes ago, pennsyrules said:

Any predictions on the matches?  

Why not?  We're here to have fun, right?

Polito over Paetzell

Lane over Lobeck

Farro over McGonagle

Hines over Pomrinca

Karam over Hoffman

Humphreys over Burkett

Gallik over Meyer

Logan over Lane

Ruth over Cornish

Weiler over Grape

Jake over Jones

Lacombe over McDonald

**** I am taking the previous 2 pages of responses as Lehigh Fans who are very anxious for the season to start.  With WrestlingReport.com being down, there has been next to no information coming out prior to the last few days.  Take a deep breath.  We will potentially have a very good team, so just be patient.

I think the scouting excuse is lame, but on the other hand, if only OSU streams, why should we bother?

The season is plenty long (some might say too long). Distant alum (and I am one) can come to Princeton open or Journeyman (Journeymen?) if their early season appetite needs quenching.

My 2 cents; good to hear most moved here from wr.com.

2 hours ago, Cary by the Lake said:

**** I am taking the previous 2 pages of responses as Lehigh Fans who are very anxious for the season to start.  With WrestlingReport.com being down, there has been next to no information coming out prior to the last few days.  Take a deep breath.

Then you are missing the point......

Edited by Spladle88

2 hours ago, Asa Packer said:

I think the scouting excuse is lame, but on the other hand, if only OSU streams, why should we bother?

And if you bother to read thru the posts you’d see Ohio State is only one of many, but don’t let the truth cloud your perspective......

Edited by Spladle88

51 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

Then you are missing the point......

I understand your point/points, but we are 2 days from the first roll-out of our team.  Probably 3 weeks from knowing who will and will not be in the starting lineup. There is an old saying "if you look for negativity, you will undoubtedly find it".  There is enough rancor and negativity in the world today, without looking for more.  To me College Wrestling will be a very calming influence, which I am really looking forward to.  Relax and enjoy the season. We have waited 7 months for this. 

1 hour ago, Spladle88 said:

And if you bother to read thru the posts you’d see Ohio State is only one of many, but don’t let the truth cloud your perspective......

What posts show that and what schools are doing that?

2 hours ago, Cary by the Lake said:

I understand your point/points, but we are 2 days from the first roll-out of our team.  Probably 3 weeks from knowing who will and will not be in the starting lineup. There is an old saying "if you look for negativity, you will undoubtedly find it".  There is enough rancor and negativity in the world today, without looking for more.  To me College Wrestling will be a very calming influence, which I am really looking forward to.  Relax and enjoy the season. We have waited 7 months for this. 

You’re being dramatic and glossing over the point.... i’m not being “negative” or creating “rancor” about the “team”...i am discussing the ineptitude of  the school/sid/athletic department in dealing with an alumni base that is growingly disinterested in what is a great and proud program ( big congrats to Mark Lieberman by the way)......i haven’t posted one thing that questions the wrestlers or the coaches ability to coach them up for a great season..... i’m asking the powers to be to face that its 2019 and they need to wake up or become a dinosaur ( by the way dinosaurs didn’t do well long term).....as for Gimps question i’m tired and watching the world series but i’ll grind out the research and answer that tomorrow when its raining and 54 degrees and I’m looking out the window watching no one golfing on my course..... late fall has arrived and the golfing season draws to a close in Western NY and the wrestling season begins..... and i agree there is a lot to be excited for with the Brown and White ( with some gold trim, a little red in the hawk etc).......

Edited by Spladle88