HFO

LEHIGH ENGINEERS

133 | Connor McGonagle vs. Nick Farro... Farro started last season @125 but couldn't keep the cut down.

Competed @ 133 for the duration of '18-'19 season behind Paetzell.

No score after one. Farro defers. McGonagle takes bottom.

2-2 after 2, Farro TD to 2 escapes. Farro goes neutral to start the 3rd.

To sudden victory, 2-2

McGonagle down first in the tiebreaker.

Farro rides out now takes turn underneath.

Farro wins 4-3 on a stall point and escape in TB1.

McGonagle is a tough cookie... future looks promising.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

141 | Ryan Pomrinca vs. Malyke Hines... veteran Sr. vs the Frosh w/ pretty good credentials.

Zip-zip...No score after one. Hines down to begin the second.

Hines early reversal leads 2-1 after two. Pomrinca to the bottom.

TD for Pomrinca ... eventually leads to Sudden victory tied 4-4.

Pomrinca TD with 19 seconds left wins 6-4.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

149 | Jimmy Hoffman vs. Luke Karam ... Karam, again goes up after last year...

Hoffman had a good FS tourny earlier this year... should be a good one.

0-0 after 1, Karam is down to start the 2nd...

2-1 for Hoffman after 2... E for Karam, TD for Hoffman.

Hoffman takes neutral, with healthy respect for Karam's top game...

Hoffman takes Karam down... late E for Karam... Hoffman gets the "W" w/ RT. wins 5-2.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

157 | AJ Burkhart vs. Josh Humphreys, returning EIWA champ as a frosh...

Humphreys TD and rideout leads 2-0 with RT(practically the entire 1st pd!) after one. He'll be down to begin the second.

Humphreys reversal, leads 4-0 with nearly 4 minutes of RT. Burkhart takes neutral.

Humphreys adds TD and 2 NF and wins 9-0 major D over Burkhart.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

165 | BECHAI grad Luca Frinzi vs. Trey Cornish...

Cornish leads 2-1 after one. Frinzi takes bottom.

Frinzi with an escape and TD takes 4-2 lead. Cornish goes neutral.

Cornish TD but Frinzi escapes to win 5-4.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

184 | Chris Weiler vs. Eli Grape...  Weiler gave Big Red AA Darmstadt fits when he wrestled him the season before(?)

Weiler leads 4-2 after one. TD and then they traded reversals. Grape takes neutral.

TD and then 4 near fall for Weiler, leads 10-2 after two. He's down to begin the third.

Escape, TD and 4 near fall for Weiler, who wins 17-2 tech fall in 5:55

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

197 | Elijah Jones vs. Andrew McDonald...

Jones leads 2-0 after one and is down to begin the second.

Jones extends his lead to 5-0 after two. McDonald takes bottom.

Jones rides out and wins 6-0.

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

165 | Chase Gallik , Part II vs. Edmond Ruth in the final bout of the night.

Ruth leads Gallik 4-2 after one and takes bottom.

Ruth leads 5-2 after two. Gallik on bottom.

Ruth dec. Gallik 9-5. Nice debut for Ruth.

Another W-O in the books for the B&W... looking for some commentary from those who were in attendance tonite.

tootles!

D3

Edited by D3 for LU

thanks for the updates. The big news are the results at 149 and 165 as it may help determine the starter. Good to see Gallick well enough to go not once, but twice. Other big news is that McGonagle & Hines very much pushing much more experienced starters as true frosh. Would expect similar from Logan as well. Hoping the whole squad headed to PU Open as rumored.

Unbelievable that there was no notification that the whole event would be streamed on facebook live, I know I would have liked to have known (duh).......really throws the old scouting B.S. out the window doesn't it?

For those who aren't as pissed off as I am you can watch the whole replay of wrestle offs on Lehigh's own facebook page.......

Edited by Spladle88

1 hour ago, Spladle88 said:

Unbelievable that there was no notification that the whole event would be streamed on facebook live, I know I would have liked to have known (duh).......really throws the old scouting B.S. out the window doesn't it?

For those who aren't as pissed off as I am you can watch the whole replay of wrestle offs on Lehigh's own facebook page.......

I saw that when I got home. Apparently, someone just did it on their own. During the broadcast there was a non-td call (non call, I guess) near the score table. I said I'd liked to have had a review. Steve reminded me we weren't set up. So, I don't think he knew either. My understanding is that the decision of streaming will be revisited. 

How can someone just do it on their own? The feed was on the official Lehigh Wrestling facebook page, doesn't the wrestling program or the athletic department control their own facebook page?  Seems unlikely someone just went rogue and did it on their own.........So alumni (like me yes) get told there will be no video feed, pissed off find other things to do, only to be told the next day on a forum the whole thing was on facebook live?  It's 2019, at a top university in technology and enginnering, get your **** together S.I.D. office...........

Edited by Spladle88

40 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

How can someone just do it on their own? The feed was on the official Lehigh Wrestling facebook page, doesn't the wrestling program or the athletic department control their own facebook page?  Seems unlikely someone just went rogue and did it on their own.........So alumni (like me yes) get told there will be no video feed, pissed off find other things to do, only to be told the next day on a forum the whole thing was on facebook live?  It's 2019, at a top university in technology and enginnering, get your **** together S.I.D. office...........

What difference does it make now? You can see that it wasn't taken from the scorer's table or the broadcast booth. It looks like it was from the far right corner from my perspective. In fact in just playing the first few seconds you can also see it is more of a highlight video. So it wasn't a video done rogue.

Your opinion there is irrelevant but I looked at the video above it which was a highlight. I believe one of the managers did the filming/streaming. And given this, there was an older team decision from several years ago not to stream but as I suggested earlier in this thread they will revisit the decision. I guess they already have.

My opinion is irrelevant........welcome to Lehigh Wrestling alumni support 101.... wonder if the Lehigh wrestling newsletter crowd knew it was going to be live streamed on Facebook.....just saying.....

Edited by Spladle88

Must have thwarted a lot  of scouts, since two diehards -- you and I -- didn't  know (Lo-man told me about hilites which I did publish in LUWN)

So LU and Ohio St aired them (OSU publicly)?

.... let's go read all the  bitch sessions going on with the other 75 Div 1's  

And nobody told me about this new location until Tues night

the whole thing is permanently up on facebook site, so scouts can catch up....maybe it makes a difference if they actually see it live as it happens (ummm no)........as for the other 75 programs what percentage of them has a fanbase that actually gives two ***** ......I can think of maybe 15 to 20.......

This is not an indictment of the wrestling team, it is an indictment of the way they are promoted..... it's over now as GIMP said, but should not just be forgotten........improve

Edited by Spladle88

36 minutes ago, LU in the Hub said:

Thanks for the heads up. That's obviously a way better choice to add specific Lehigh threads. 

4 hours ago, witwhiz said:

Just got a tip that there's an all LU wrestling forum at http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=4275efbbe0167bfc482214bbc2d9d7bc.

Other LU fans had basically the same conversation about the non streaming of the Intrasquad, the "cone of silence", and poor marketing of the program on the above site.  Makes no sense to me to have two separate LU Wrestling fora.  Since the other site is Lehigh specific and more amendable to multiple threads, doesn't it make sense for all of us recent migrants to this site to make a second migration to the other site?