HFO

LEHIGH ENGINEERS

27 minutes ago, Spladle88 said:

the whole thing is permanently up on facebook site, so scouts can catch up....maybe it makes a difference if they actually see it live as it happens (ummm no)........as for the other 75 programs what percentage of them has a fanbase that actually gives two ***** ......I can think of maybe 15 to 20.......

This is not an indictment of the wrestling team, it is an indictment of the way they are promoted..... it's over now as GIMP said, but should not just be forgotten........improve

I just got a call from some of the higher ups at the U realizing that you had an opinion. They are now about to have a long conversation with you as to how to improve everything since you are obviously the end-all be-all of what Lehigh does. The school will send you a formal apology for not utilizing you much earlier.

and there it is,  the foundation of what keeps Lehigh wrestling an old man's club.....discord is not welcome.......do not question us, even though you are one of many alumni who fund us and help pay our salaries........and I hardly claimed what you just stated,  just clearly pointing out the mistakes they are making and have made, when you stop looking to improve and stop listening to your fanbase/alumni.....well you get an arena full of people who agree with you, and that number grows smaller by the year.........

and by the way they respond to things I would literally be shocked to think that the higher ups give a **** that an alumni has an opinion......so even though you wrote that tongue in cheek there is a lot of truth to it.......

Edited by Spladle88

1 hour ago, Spladle88 said:

and there it is,  the foundation of what keeps Lehigh wrestling an old man's club.....discord is not welcome.......do not question us, even though you are one of many alumni who fund us and help pay our salaries........and I hardly claimed what you just stated,  just clearly pointing out the mistakes they are making and have made, when you stop looking to improve and stop listening to your fanbase/alumni.....well you get an arena full of people who agree with you, and that number grows smaller by the year.........

and by the way they respond to things I would literally be shocked to think that the higher ups give a **** that an alumni has an opinion......so even though you wrote that tongue in cheek there is a lot of truth to it.......

You just don't get it.

I help with the broadcasts and go to a lot of practices.

That's it. I don't have any official role. You're saying they as if I'm part of that.

The fact that I disregard your opinions has nothing to do with the actual they here.

you referenced "they" when you replied

2 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I just got a call from some of the higher ups at the U realizing that you had an opinion. " They " are now about to have a long conversation with you as to how to improve everything since you are obviously the end-all be-all of what Lehigh does. The school will send you a formal apology for not utilizing you much earlier.

I do get it, you referenced "they" , just replying to your quote.....

You are welcome to disregard my opinions (this is America), just as I am free to choose to disregard your defense of the program on this topic.  Again no one is slandering the team here, though it will be twisted into that by the old guard, all I'm saying is the promotion of the team by S.I.D. needs to be better and more transparent......and on we go........

Either freshmen are really good or upperclassmen have not progressed over the summer.  Not very elated other than Jimmy Hoffman.  Either he or Karam need to make 141.

Does Lehigh still have a School of Engineering, possibly physics, EE and computer science.

Why is it that in 2019 we are still having these technology discussions when 14 year old kids live stream everything?  Does Lehigh have an AD and SID that actually care about Alumni or do they take our $$ for granted.

I for one am not happy direction Lehigh is going and the void of leadership of this President as well Joe Sterrett.  I will be a happy octogenarian when both move on.

3 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

You just don't get it.

I help with the broadcasts and go to a lot of practices.

That's it. I don't have any official role. You're saying they as if I'm part of that.

The fact that I disregard your opinions has nothing to do with the actual they here.

Depends.  Are you engaging in sin of commission or sin of ommission?   

5 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

I just got a call from some of the higher ups at the U realizing that you had an opinion. They are now about to have a long conversation with you as to how to improve everything since you are obviously the end-all be-all of what Lehigh does. The school will send you a formal apology for not utilizing you much earlier.

My check is not in mail until they get live streaming rectified.   There are a number of us that have more pull than you think.  Including to ensure that John Simon is not renewed or that Joe Sterrett is not renewed.  Lehigh has to get its house in order.  PERIOD.  Enough of the bull**** excuses.  This is 2019, not the infancy of Netscape in 1994.

I don’t think Hoffman goes down to 141.... so that means Karam either makes 141 or he is a man without a weight (barring injury).....Hoffman seems to have really upped his game  since his victory this summer against Kolodzik from Princeton at U23’s.....he looked more powerful, more offensive and more solid than Karam..... Hoffman did what everyone will do to Karam, beat him in neutral and refuse to go under him......Maybe Karam needs some live wrestling coming off injury to get his legs under him.... we’ll see...

Edited by Spladle88

Princeton Wrestling announced that their wrestle offs will be conducted in the plaza outside Jadwin this morning and streamed via their facebook page for those who can't attend.  And they've formed a new student fan group called The Princeton Jungle.  Cool!

For those who in the excitement of the non streamed Intrasquad meet may have missed my prior posting, there's a LU Wrestling forum at http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=4275efbbe0167bfc482214bbc2d9d7bc. which has the advantage of being all LU and more amenable to the posting of multiple topics.  Makes sense to me for those LU fans still on this forum to come on over so we're all literally on the same page.

Edited by witwhiz

On 10/25/2019 at 6:47 PM, HFO said:

My check is not in mail until they get live streaming rectified.   There are a number of us that have more pull than you think.  Including to ensure that John Simon is not renewed or that Joe Sterrett is not renewed.  Lehigh has to get its house in order.  PERIOD.  Enough of the bull**** excuses.  This is 2019, not the infancy of Netscape in 1994.

Bit late. John "let me show you how woke I can make this place" Simon recently already renewed.