1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

wrestler in America today.

He has beaten Taylor, Dake and Snyder...and he is a World Champ.  Can any other US wrestler say that?  World Champ plus victories over 3 other top guys in the US?

Burroughs has wins over Dake and Taylor in freestyle.

Cox very well may be the best in the US today but the Snyder win was folkstyle, so I wouldn’t necessarily count that one since Snyder has beaten him in freestyle since then. 

12 minutes ago, tec87 said:

Burroughs has wins over Dake and Taylor in freestyle.

Cox very well may be the best in the US today but the Snyder win was folkstyle, so I wouldn’t necessarily count that one since Snyder has beaten him in freestyle since then. 

It may be too long ago to consider, but he also holds a freestyle and greco win over Snyder at Fargo; they went 2-2 against each other at Cadet/Junior Nationals.

There is a big difference in depth and competition at Olympic weights.  Makes me think of Stieber - world champ, trouble at 65.  He doesn’t make the 2020 lineup.  I previously thought he would have his pick at either weight, not anymore.  Snyder to PSU changes everything both for Snyder and Taylor.  

19 hours ago, yonz_g said:

It may be too long ago to consider, but he also holds a freestyle and greco win over Snyder at Fargo; they went 2-2 against each other at Cadet/Junior Nationals.

Yeah, I don't think J'den actually ever beat Snyder in folkstyle. Snyder won their only college matchup in the NCAA semis. J'den is a different animal, now, though. I'd love to see the matchup, but would hate for either of these guys to be off the Olympic team.

18 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

Cox beat Dake well before he had transformed himself into that all that and a bag of chips.  Dont kid yourselves, he beats Dake all day. Also,  JB will continue his complete domination of Dake.

Wish they got rid of 74 and kept 79 for the Olympics. Fresh Dake at his natural weight class would run Burroughs over without giving up a point. 

Perhaps a fresh JB at his natural weight would still beat Dake.  It will be interesting to see if they have to wrestle each other at OTT. 

I think Cox's best chance is at 86.  And I'm not totally convinced he will win that with a healthy Magic Man.  97 will have Snyder for the Olympic Team. 

I just feel badly that we have 5 world champions going for 3 weight classes because of the ludicrous Olympic 6 weight classes.  

mspart

3 hours ago, AZ_wrestling said:

Wish they got rid of 74 and kept 79 for the Olympics. Fresh Dake at his natural weight class would run Burroughs over without giving up a point. 

Dake is on record saying he weighed in quite a bit under 79kilos on day two of worlds last year. 

I'd be willing to bet that JB has a harder time getting down to 74 than Dake does. 

On 10/17/2019 at 4:45 PM, Plasmodium said:

Cox beat Dake well before he had transformed himself into that all that and a bag of chips.  Dont kid yourselves, he beats Dake all day. Also,  JB will continue his complete domination of Dake.

How about Dakes total domination of Taylor? What is your input on that?

1 hour ago, Plasmodium said:

LOL  - Dake is was a demonstrably better wrestler than Taylor.

FIFY.   A lot has changed.  Taylor has become dominant.  Taylor has pins, not a few.  I don't think Dake does.  Taylor was just incredible the last two years.  He showed dominance.  Not that Dake hasn't, but not as dominant.  It is hard for me to believe Dake could have beat Taylor last year unless he is so into his head that Taylor just can't win.  I really don't see that as the case. 

It would be interesting to see them go at it again.  But I don't think that will happen. 

mspart

2 minutes ago, mspart said:

FIFY.   A lot has changed.  Taylor has become dominant.  Taylor has pins, not a few.  I don't think Dake does.  Taylor was just incredible the last two years.  He showed dominance.  Not that Dake hasn't, but not as dominant.  It is hard for me to believe Dake could have beat Taylor last year unless he is so into his head that Taylor just can't win.  I really don't see that as the case. 

It would be interesting to see them go at it again.  But I don't think that will happen. 

mspart

How many times has the new and improved David Taylor beat Kyle Dake in a fantasy matchup? :)