19 minutes ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

Depends on which Dake injury you're talking about.  I agree he's jumped levels in the past 3 years but I don't think he was at his best the past 3 months.  He did what he had to do, and he's just that tough, but the Dake we saw coming back from knee surgery in 2019 is not the same guy that teched Gadzhimagomedov in 2018.  

The pre 2018 injury is what I’m referring to.   His latest injury he was basically just ready to come back for Final X...extended. I feel like he wasn’t the same guy because he wasn’t able to get much competition at all before world. DT will be able to and I was comparing more to the previous injury for Dake. That said, my take doesn’t go for everyone. Some don’t do well with a long layoff, some come back recharged. 

17 hours ago, Frank_Rizzo said:

Jordan has had the second best career of any American in history, but he's wrestled in his last Olympics unless Dake is injured and unable to compete.  Burroughs is no lock to beat Imart either.  

Well I don't think anyone has informed JB of that.  I expect the battle for the spot to come down to JB and Dake next year and if both are healthy it is going to be epic.  I think either wrestler is fully capable of winning gold in Tokyo.  It really is a pick em match that could be decided on one clean shot or wild scramble.  

On 10/24/2019 at 7:40 AM, gimpeltf said:

Yes, but I guess there were a few. (Maybe not with That's it)

source.gif

Ah, I see where you went wrong, now. Context makes George Costanza the winner in this reference, but that's probably a top 5 episode, so I won't fault you for it.

Remember it is a non Olympic weight that he dominated. His last loss was to Sharipov who just beat Snyder. Lets see Cox against Sharipov/ Saduleav or Yazdani before we say he is better than Taylor, Dake or Snyder. Dake came up two weights and beat him. I say Dake is better honestly of those 4 super studs. 

31 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

Remember it is a non Olympic weight that he dominated. His last loss was to Sharipov who just beat Snyder. Lets see Cox against Sharipov/ Saduleav or Yazdani before we say he is better than Taylor, Dake or Snyder. Dake came up two weights and beat him. I say Dake is better honestly of those 4 super studs. 

I guess I don’t understand the concept here, I understand the going up a weight statement etc....but instead of using the results against Taylor and Dake to say he is better than Taylor and Dake, we need to wait and see his results against other people? 

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I guess I don’t understand the concept here, I understand the going up a weight statement etc....but instead of using the results against Taylor and Dake to say he is better than Taylor and Dake, we need to wait and see his results against other people? 

To add to the confusion, bringing up the fact that his last loss was to a guy that just beat Snyder is supposed to somehow inform our opinion on this matter.

Yes the whole thread says Jden is the best wrestler for team USA. I don't think that just yet. He could be. Right at this moment it is between Snyder, Taylor, Dake or Cox. Dakes record against Taylor eliminates Taylor and Dake going up two weights to beat Cox makes in my opinion that Dake the best but he is going to have to beat JB next year for me to say that which I think he will. Also yes Jden lost last year to Sharipov who upset Snyder. Jden thrashed people at a weight with no former champs in it. Also Snyder and Cox official record since college is Snyder 2 and Jden 0. In my opinion he can not beat Sad or Yazdani but we will see. He may not beat Snyder or Taylor to make team-crazy. I favor Snyder and Taylor in those matches. He still needs to run table through Olympics to be considered the absolute best guy we have like JB was so many years. That is just how great our upper weights are right now!

Edited by PRyan2012

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Yes if Jden makes our team at either weight and beats Nickal and Taylor at 189 or Snyder at 213 then wins the Olympics.....then I will be ready to crown him like Snyder and JB before him as best guy on our team. 

18 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

Yes the whole thread says Jden is the best wrestler for team USA. I don't think that just yet. He could be. Right at this moment it is between Snyder, Taylor, Dake or Cox. Dakes record against Taylor eliminates Taylor and Dake going up two weights to beat Cox makes in my opinion that Dake the best but he is going to have to beat JB next year for me to say that which I think he will. Also yes Jden lost last year to Sharipov who upset Snyder. Jden thrashed people at a weight with no former champs in it. Also Snyder and Cox official record since college is Snyder 2 and Jden 0. In my opinion he can not beat Sad or Yazdani but we will see. He may not beat Snyder or Taylor to make team-crazy. I favor Snyder and Taylor in those matches. He still needs to run table through Olympics to be considered the absolute best guy we have like JB was so many years. That is just how great our upper weights are right now!

Obviously this is all opinion and everyone uses their own qualifiers.  For me, results trump everything. His last result with Taylor was beating him for the world team.  His last result with Dake was beating him to make the olympic team.  To me, the reasons for the results do not trump the results themselves, no matter what those reasons are (Obviously a Jason Nolf type MDF situation maybe being an exception). But like I said its each their own opinion.

This is not to say he is the best in the USA, but again going off your stance off waiting to see his results with other people when we have direct results between him and Taylor/Dake.

Edited by Lurker

All this will be settled at trials with no byes. My opinion is Snyder and Taylor beat Cox. We will see. But if he runs the table at trials and Olympics he is the man with no questions. Ok he is better than Taylor and Dake but not Snyder. Snyder is 2-0 against him. But I personally think Dake is the best P4P on our team at the moment. 

8 hours ago, PRyan2012 said:

Does Dake or Taylor have an Olympic medal? 

1 hour ago, Wrestling60 said:

Does Dake or Taylor have an Olympic medal? 

They have both improved tremendously from 25 to 29, while Cox stagnated from 21-25. Happens to everyone.  Additionally, the time off after reconstructive surgery has given them much needed rest.

3 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

They have both improved tremendously from 25 to 29, while Cox stagnated from 21-25. Happens to everyone.  Additionally, the time off after reconstructive surgery has given them much needed rest.