Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

tOSU at 149

The tOSU twitter account says Sasso is wrestling off at 149, but also says Hayes will return to competition at 149 at MSU Open. Not sure what this means - do they plan to compete with each other for the spot at 149? Will the loser move up or down? Interestingly, the trackwrestling rankings have Hayes at 141 - not sure what their source is.

Pletcher is wrestling off at 141 as well. Mattox at 157. This is just imo, but no way Sasso sits this year. Just. No.  Way. So he will be their 149 imo. No way Pletcher sits either, so he is their 141. I think this basically pushes Hayes back up to 157 to eventually go against Mattox. 

6 minutes ago, buckeyehomer said:

I think we know more when we see if Decatur burns his redshirt at 33. If Decatur stays in redshirt, maybe Pletcher makes the cut to fit in Hayes at 141?

Pletcher was between 149-156.9 at certs.Not sure he even certed at 133

24 minutes ago, yonz_g said:

I undoubtedly believe that Decatur needs and would benefit from a redshirt year. 

His mat game was bad at the high school level. He will get brutalized underneath by good college guys. Elite on his feet though. One of the most intriguing prospects this year. Nothing would shock me. 

49 minutes ago, uncle bernard said:

His mat game was bad at the high school level. He will get brutalized underneath by good college guys. Elite on his feet though. One of the most intriguing prospects this year. Nothing would shock me. 

The one match that I watched of his against Shayne Van Ness at the Ironman he didn't seem terrible on the mat-not great but definitely athletic enough to be able to improve quickly. Van Ness did seem to have a much bigger gas tank though. 

6 minutes ago, VAtoSC said:

The one match that I watched of his against Shayne Van Ness at the Ironman he didn't seem terrible on the mat-not great but definitely athletic enough to be able to improve quickly. Van Ness did seem to have a much bigger gas tank though. 

I could be remembering wrong, but I remember him having a lot of struggles on the mat which is why his freestyle results have been a lot better than his folkstyle results. Could be wrong though.