Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Rewatching Nickal vs Dean

Im dissapointed that it wasnt said once in here. Although he was a loser in the match, he is the winner in life because he went to Cornell. How did Rob Koll let any of you forget that and don't you remember? He wrote a letter to wrestling... what a superior human being. I wouldnt be surprised if he actually took a fall in this match just to further prove this point.

11 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Im dissapointed that it wasnt said once in here. Although he was a loser in the match, he is the winner in life because he went to Cornell. How did Rob Koll let any of you forget that and don't you remember? He wrote a letter to wrestling... what a superior human being. I wouldnt be surprised if he actually took a fall in this match just to further prove this point.

FYATHYRIO.

15 minutes ago, russelscout said:

If Koll really thought of Dean in the way you describe he'd gave gotten the Cornell lawyers involved in regards to that match.

On 10/18/2019 at 3:27 PM, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

After re-watching this I am pretty convinced that Dean had a takedown and possible 2 backpoints at 10:10.  This 4 point swing turns the match and results in Dean winning his 3rd title.

The set-up and finish at the 3m 35s mark is a thing of absolute beauty!

1 minute ago, RealAmericanHero said:

The set-up and finish at the 3m 35s mark is a thing of absolute beauty!

watching dean reach back and giving nickal the opportunity to step over for 2 still hurts years later.

8 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

No, because Nickal would have just worked Dean for the reversal. 

Seeing how the sequence finished out, there is a much better chance of Cael throwing his chair than Bo getting any reversal there. 

Edited by Lurker

The easiest thing to do is for people to simply add those 4 points and declare Dean the winner.  Well, if those points are awarded and the score changes at that moment in the match, the strategy for the rest of the match changes.  I am not pro-Dean nor pro-Nickal on this call.  It is not as simple as adding points.  There is another minute of wrestling that would be have been wrestled with a different strategy by both competitors.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Seeing how the sequence finished out, there is a much better chance of Cael throwing his chair than Bo getting any reversal there. 

Well, this is your fantasy ending to the match so you can write anything into the script that you want. 

13 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Well, this is your fantasy ending to the match so you can write anything into the script that you want. 

How do you figure this is my fantasy ending to the match?  You proposed a hypothetical about coaches conduct, I proposed another hypothetical about coaches conduct should the same action produced a different call, you replied with a “bo would just have...” with action you thought you would see (which was very very unlikely because of how the actual wrestling played out), and I replied to how the actual wrestling played out. 

So this is my fantasy ending.....how?

Edited by Lurker

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

How do you figure this is my fantasy ending to the match?  You proposed a hypothetical about coaches conduct, I proposed another hypothetical about coaches conduct should the same action produced a different call, you replied with a “bo would just have...” with action you thought you would see (which was very very unlikely because of how the actual wrestling played out), and I replied to how the actual wrestling played out. 

So this is my fantasy ending.....how?

You imagined Cael throwing a chair if the ref called a TD in favor of Dean. But since the ref had not made any such call that premise is a fantasy. 

Edited by TBar1977

15 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

You imagined Cael throwing a chair if the ref called a TD in favor of Dean. But since the ref had not made any such call that premise is a fantasy. 

Where did I imagine it happening. Since when did wondering about something become fantasizing?  I wonder if Epstein actually committed suicide or if he was killed...so by your logic I’m fantasizing he was killed???

Basically you want to keep throwing shade at Koll for following the established procedures in a match that was very obviously botched and scored illegally, but can’t stand when someone brings up your boys despicable and dangerous actions in comparison. That’s why you’re twisting and turning here again. You’re not making a lot of sense again Tbar. Come on I thought you’d gotten a little better. 

Have a good day sir. 

Edited by Lurker

I believe Nickal is the better wrestler.  However, after rewatching and being ready to start counting nearfall, I think a ref who was in the right spot with the right anticipation would call that nearfall.

4 minutes ago, olddirty said:

I believe Nickal is the better wrestler.  However, after rewatching and being ready to start counting nearfall, I think a ref who was in the right spot with the right anticipation would call that nearfall.

it's a freestyle 2 but a folkstyle nothin'

20 minutes ago, olddirty said:

He is passed 45 degrees with 1:04 on the clock and is not off of his back until 1:00

Couple things: I think your timing may be off just a tad. He starts the hip at 1:04 but Bo doesn’t actually break 45 till 1:03, he then comes back to his right over 45 (it appears to me at least) for just a half a second, then breaks again. He rolls through and is out of 45 again at 1:01. 

Secondly you don’t start the count, particularly when the wrestlers are neutral, at the very moment the athlete breaks 45, the position has to be established in control. Not the case at all here. It’s a case of a two to three second at most whizzer went over, came back, then rolled back trough. He wasn’t even exposed for a full two seconds. 

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Where did I imagine it happening. Since when did wondering about something become fantasizing?  I wonder if Epstein actually committed suicide or if he was killed...so by your logic I’m fantasizing he was killed???

Basically you want to keep throwing shade at Koll for following the established procedures in a match that was very obviously botched and scored illegally, but can’t stand when someone brings up your boys despicable and dangerous actions in comparison. That’s why you’re twisting and turning here again. You’re not making a lot of sense again Tbar. Come on I thought you’d gotten a little better. 

Have a good day sir. 

Well, throwing shade is an elevated art form round these parts. Seems my snark made you a tad upset.